Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    those are cycra mounts, i just sold mine
  2. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    I have always used these Cycras.I never like the idea of having that much pressure transfer to my triples. I would rather have my bar bend, though I have never had that hapen with these on. Don't know if it would ever happen but thats just me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

I have similar setups laying around.....problem is I have 1 3/8" bars:eek1.

No one makes a mount for them .....that I have found
  4. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Are they Twinwalls, Eastons, or Maguras?
  5. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Easton.
  6. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    My brother was the Easton rep for the Midwest let me do some digging for you. I know he has some leftover stuff that may help you out. PM me with any specifics I may need to know.
  7. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    I have a Cycra set up that came off a KTM if ya need 'em...............

I think everything is there but I'm not sure how they mount exactly so I'm not 100% sure on parts, a little used but ok.
  8. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

Are they front mount or side mount?

I thought most KTMs triple bolts were on the side.....my 200 is.
  9. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    What about the bonz mounts, those are way nice.
  10. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Are they front mount or side mount?

I thought most KTMs triple bolts were on the side.....my 200 is.

They are like these............not sure how they mount as I don't have, nor never have had, a KTM Your Honor
  11. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan. Hope to be there.
  12. dfye55

dfye55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So bmv says go to small claims to get court order to title my Trail 90 because I don't have a title. :cry Anyone been through this?
  13. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    You should be able to apply for a lost title. Check the online BMV site for instructions. No idea why you would have to go through small claims court... That seems like BS!
  14. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    You should not if you had a title in your name for it at some point in time. If you bought it with out a title then probably. They have made it very hard to get a title for stuff anymore. For an old XR I had they just said there was a packet of info I had to fill out and jump through a million hoops.......so just sold it.:lol3
  15. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    All you need to do is go in with a Bill of Sale. Im sure you can do a search and find out what needs to be on it and it can just be hand written. The good ol' knowledgeable folks at the DMV sure are a helpful bunch.......of lazy slackers that don't know how to do anything that is more involved than tying their own shoes which are more than likely velcro.
  16. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
  17. Old Broken Marine

Old Broken Marine Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I plan on fireing up the WR 250 and leaving the Mitchell area around 10 or 11 if anyone wants to ride, thinking of heading south, going to try to get to the Ohio River on the backroads. All is welcome.
  18. dfye55

dfye55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went to the bmv with a nicely written bill of sale from the seller, although the clerk wanted to run it off the bill of sale the manager said no, had to be court ordered. Thanks AC909 for the link to Indiana's bill of sale form, I'll be sure to require that next purchase, and use it when I sell something.

If the previous owner had a title or if I had lost a title, bmv would help me with lost title application. It is likely this bike was never titled, it came from a farm where it was in the family for a long time.

I think johnson357 is right, getting title is just harder than it was in past. I had hoped that the age of the bike and the fact it probably was never titled would help.

Makes me want to cheat and move plate from one bike to another, cause I'm only going to ride one at a time. Of course if I'm stopped, no officer is gonna believe the old yellow trail 90 is a red 05 klr.

Now I gotta decide try to rush it through to avoid late fees or just wait and see if I can get it running before dealing with the title and plates.

Don
  19. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    Go to another bmv. I just plated a dirt bike with zero paperwork. Made up a bill of sale... Did vin check... Change of body style.'. Bang zoom, eazy peazy!
  20. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    screw the po lice......
    does the trail 90 have a vin or serial number. download the vin verification form... make a bill of sale. have an officer come out or take it to a station and have a vin check. go to the bmv and hand them the papers. dont tell then what you did. if they start getting critital go to a different bmv.