Rugby

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  2. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:

The Haka is a challenge, and I think it needs to be answered, like the Tongan's did in the RWC, or the team I forget which, who advanced during the Haka. It's a mind game intended to intimidate, mind games need to be used by the opposing team to gain their own advantage. Not that it matters, the All Blacks will clean them up anyway.
  3. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    France and they got fined for it.

[​IMG]

Well, mostly.

[​IMG]

:D
  4. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the Haka, its tradition for the ABs and like most traditions, it should be respected. I don't have a problem w/ opposing teams doing their thing to upset the ABs (like walking towards em or even turning their backs, or better yet standing there after the ABs finish). But I think fans should be respectful & not whistle, etc, during it.

Carry on kids & I apologize to Mercury for my 10 yr old comments.

All the Best in 2013 & Rugby Forever:clap:freaky

Tonga says lets get it on Beaches

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OfobY9FH2nI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

And of course I can't leave out one of my favorite ABs Tana, doing the great Kapa O Pango:clap

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bKa5NshwzRE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  5. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Which was :topes if you ask me - I thought that was awesome, but then again I'm a Bleus fan. I think Chabal is awesome. But it's all in a day's rugging. :D
  6. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Dusatoir. That World Cup Final game forever cemented his legend within my mind.

I'm going to get a France jersey one of these days simply based on his performance in that game.
  7. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Seriously. A largely unrecognized genius in the game.
  8. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Made more tackles on his own against the ABs than the entire AB team made against France. He was making a point having not been included in the original squad for the tournament. I think he made it well. :lol3
  9. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    My friends were in NZ during the RWC in '11. They caught some quarter & semi final matches. My buddy was in Auckland partying w/ some Kiwi's and he said French fans didn't take to losing so much, so he bought them a drink to ease the pain:freaky
  10. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    What team is looking good for the 6 Nations?

How the Irish looking these daze?
  11. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nobody takes to losing much. Like you, I was in Marseilles in 2007 and the Aussies really didn't enjoy that one. I was in Paris for both the pool game and the final against South Africa and it felt bad. I guess what made the French feel even worse is losing a match that they could and arguably, should have won.

In my experience of living seven years in France, whilst the French enjoy wearing their hearts on their sleeves a little more than most, they're also the first to say, "C'est la vie"!

Oh, edit: they also hated the coach, Marc Lievremont, who had, by that time, lost the confidence of his players who were managing themselves without his input.
  12. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Paddies were woeful in the Autumn, the Taffs no better and Scotland got trashed. Italy handed in some decent performances but are still weak in critical areas. If it goes to form the French should have it but they play England at Twickenham so it could be open.

I'd say all bets are off until the second weekend to see which England team turns up in Dublin. The clinical one from the second half against the ABs or the inept and indecisive one we saw against the Springboks and Aussies.
  13. George Papadopolis

George Papadopolis between

Oddometer:
    Cant blame the French...Joubert was way too lenient against the ABs in the second half...recon it had to do with him not fancying his chances getting out of NZ alive should Les Blue have won....as much as I think McCaw is a cock hole, Rougeries gouging was shocking.
  14. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    France
    England
    Wales
    Ireland
    The Jocks
    Italy
    In that order. Someone should start a pool.
  15. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll go:

England ('cos I'm English more than anything)
    France (the real favourites)
    Ireland (because their tough matches are at home)
    Wales (some key injuries building up with the likes of Preistland, Charteris, Hook etc.)
    Scotland (only since they're hosting Italy)
    Italy (but I'd love to see them higher)
  16. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    I'd go with this (unfortunately) since I just don't see England being able to string 2 or 3 results together since they are so maddeningly inconsistent.
  17. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    I think they will have their tails up after dismantling the ABs. They are a fairly young team yhat seem to be coming in to their own ala Tualagi. That said I suspect the french will be pretty spit and polished.
    Whats realy got my interest is to see if Gav Henson gets a shout although been out a month with injury he showed he is still class with the L Welsh and Wales are in a bind.
    Also what Gatlands Lions pics will be. O'Conner should be back for the Wallabies and BEale might be back on track as will PoCock , who knows about Q Cooper... A Wallabie scalp may not be had for the BI Lions.
  18. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    Wild

I had a great time in France in '07. I realized that the day after the Rose v. Oz game was the last race of the season for SBK @ Magny Cours - so I said F'it I'm doing both.

(Political note - since the Iraq war was going on & many peeps thought we shouldn't have been there [most Yanks agreed too] I thought some French would give me shyte for being a Yank, but it never happened)

I met some great English guys at the races & ws happy to see Toseland win it.:clap:freaky

I thought the 1/4 match was great & shocked that England won. I had great seats - 2nd row in the endzone (tryzone?).
  19. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    The French love Americans, hate America. They think you should all speak French. :D

Was high-up behind one end of the ground in Marseilles, maybe behind you. Saw the Springbok v. Fiji game the next day; very entertaining match. Also had a good local bar/restaurant in Lalonde to watch the other Quarter-finals on tv. Great atmosphere.
  20. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Well maybe they should have sent their religious outcasts over 1st:D

BTW - We've never been the same:D

Back to France '07 - After game we went into the Old Port area for dinner, next to us were two English guys & two Aussies, all in their kits - not saying much to each other:lol3 But the fiasco was the outside bartenders, there had to be about 300 people trying to get a drink from 2 bartenders.:huh

Finally, when we were about to leave, went to use restroom (loo) and 3 guys walk out of the loo fit for 1. My lady looked at me like WTF, I said they were doing blow. I showed her the top of the toilet tank w/ the yayo residue, she said how did U know that? me: Don't ask:rofl

Since I had to get to Nevers the next day for SBK, we tried in vain to get back to hotel in Orange for the AB v. Les Bleu kickoff. As I was binning that Renault up the hiway, I realized that we would miss the start of the game, so I took the next exit I could & found a bar/restaurant/hotel off the exit. We had a great time there. They seemed very shocked that Americans liked rugby & with French beating the ABs, next thing the champagne is popping & La Marseillaise being sung. A fond memory

See you at the White Swan in Twickenham in '15:freaky