New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jesse Luggage, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malloy

malloy Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey ARG, it is fall down stupid to relocate the rear turn signals, even with JVB's instructions:lol3. And you're an engineer. You can figure it out. No extra parts needed; the mounting is secure. Jesse bags are so superior, don't let this little thing get in the way. Besides I doubt, after 5 or 6 years of making the R12009GS bags the way he does with thousands sold world wide, that Al is going to change his successful design, particularly because it is still a very popular product given the longevity of the GS design, at least at the rear of the bike :rofl.
  2. NaDSoB

NaDSoB The garage is full.

Oddometer:

Most guys on ADVRIDER won't admit to being an "anal engineer". Are you sure this is the right forum for that?:deal
  3. Jesse Luggage

Jesse Luggage Crash Tested & Approved... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Al sent me an email last night of the 2012 DL650 prototypes so I thought I would sneak them onto ADV:evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Two Wheel Trekkers

Two Wheel Trekkers n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi There, I went trawling on Google for Jesse stuff and found this thread so I signed up to the site, My name is Cliff and I am the importer and distributor for Jesse Luggage in Great Britain and Europe. I know this website is mostly used and based in the USA but I thought I would put a post on here just in case anyone in Europe is reading it and would like some of this excellent luggage or if they already have some Jesse Luggage and want some spare parts. I have also found out that the 8" Safaris are available again for the 650/800GS and Al is working on the new frames for the latest version of the V Strom
    Just like Jesse we are very busy redesigning our website at the moment to make it easier to use and also to reflect our new brand, The Adventure Bike Shop, hopefully it will go live in about 2 weeks time.

Cheers :beer
    Cliff
  5. malloy

Oddometer:
    Installed Jesses on an F650GS :clap. Takes a while but all went together well. Jim VonBaden's instructions are a real plus. So much better than earlier ones, Al. The little 1/4" allen head bolt (7/32" hex, supplied) at the front of the mounts is a little finicky to be sure. I wish it were a metric so I could use some of those tools. Fit and finish is good, especially the mounts and particularly in comparison to the older stuff. Even the welds look good this time :lol3.

I also mounted a MOD top plate, set up for the Jesses. A good combination that fits together real well.

Here's a video on doing the racks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIH70t6I6WA&feature=related
    It did take me slightly more than 5 minutes, eleven seconds; but you get the idea:rofl.
  6. X-Rated

X-Rated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Al, I've just ordered a pair of 9" Safari II's for my R1200GS (via your Australian agent). Can't wait to get these babies onto the bike!

Do you guys do liners, or can you recommend any suitable liners for these bags, please?

A.
  7. hardybaker

hardybaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's my bike. (pictured above) What a fantastic product. This will be my third or forth set of Al Jesse Bags. You can't go wrong with Jesse bags. Hardy
  8. AndyCBR

AndyCBR Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Placed an order today. I was dealing with a salesperson who was admittedly "new" at her job.

Mentioned ADV and Chris and got charged the $1280 (Super Tenere Odyssey 2) that I would assume everybody gets. So not sure if there is an inmate discount or not.

Also made a request to see if one could order the Odyssey 2 brackets sans the "1200" cutout. Was told No but that would be a nice option for people in the future.

Looking forward to getting the system.

Thanks,
    Andy
  9. OkieTom

OkieTom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love my Jesse's but I am sure glad that I ordered them while Explormoto was selling them, no matter how good your product is without customer service you will lose me as a customer. I am sure that Al will get it together soon.....
  10. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Malloy- Thanks for the vid. The only ADV special right now is free shipping in the 48 States. You have to say at the time you place the order "Because Chris Said". If you do not you will be charged shipping.
  11. X-Rated

X-Rated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Cee Baileys.
  13. malloy

Oddometer:
    Yeah Okie1, customer service is critical in today's economy with so many choices, internet access, critical forums, etc. Hopefully Al will get it right this time around because his products are great and he shouldn't loose you, me and other customers because of lousy service. Checking and responding on a daily basis to this thread and in other forums where he has initiated a thread is a must. Perhaps this is one of things "Chris" will be doing.

If he's going to offer a discount, it should be listed in the stickied thread run by GB so it is obvious. I'm not sure if free shipping is a discount. But one could have a discount instead of free shipping and be posted in the discount thread, additional exposure.

Having Jim VonBaden doing the install instructions is a real plus compared to the past. It's a step in the right direction. The other guy's video was quick confidence booster, having been through the Jesse install nightmares of the past:D.

Good luck, Al & Chris.
  14. Buckeye71

Buckeye71 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I received mine a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten around to posting yet. A single email and a single phone call is all it took to place the order.

[​IMG]

As usual everything bolted right up and fit right the first time. Thanks Al!
  15. LewisNClark

LewisNClark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jesse has liners that match the bags and I do have their liners.,,,work fine but I find that "compression bags" (from REI, WallyWorld, etc) really work well.

I have all my rain gear compressed in one bag and inside of the right case LID. Jesse's provide a lot of extra space with the storage in the lids and being top loading you can compress a lot of stuff into bags.

If I'm in a motel I put all clothes, etc needed into one or two compressed bags for removal to a motel room, and simply leave things not needed in the locked bags.

Love my Jesses.
  16. X-Rated

X-Rated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comments folks, but my question is specifically concerning liners for Jesse's slimmer 9" Safari cases.

The shape and dimensions of the Cee Baileys liners, the Kathy's liners, etc, etc, all indicate that they are designed for the bigger Jesse Odyssey cases.

Al - can you please work with me on this? Do you guys do liners for the 9" Safari cases? If not, can you recommend?

a.
  17. RJL

RJL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here ya go!!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779837

18. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
  19. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    I am doing everything I can to help with customer support. Jesse Luggage is and always will be a small family run business which means that everyone involved wears many hats. My hat is dealers sales and social media which involves making all of you happy:) We will continue to grow and offer better instructions, forum discounts and new exciting products and number one- good customer service.
    All of your input here on ADV is super helpful and we take every idea, criticism and praise to heart.
    Sincerely,
    Chris
  20. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Now that many of you have read my last post. Here is an update. Our email server crashed on Friday the 6th and was not back up until this morning and we lost about 75 emails. If you do not get a response to your questions or an order confirmation in the next 24 hours please resend your email.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.