Center Stand for XR650L and XT225

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Cigar Mike, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cigar Mike

Cigar Mike Too Old and Too Slow Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys, but I must be getting old. I have injured myself and have not yet recovered enough to make stands. I have been off for almost a month. The knee is getting better and I should be able to stand on it soon. We will have our first snow soon and as the weather gets colder I will be spending more time building stands.

Don't feel bad for me. Not having to go to work is not a bad thing. I am catching up on a lot of reading and I am having a very nice time being a bum.

Cheers,

Mike
  2. b3h

b3h ol dog on a stray Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get better Mike. Hope it's not to bad. Sno's comin ...
  3. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    We are supposed to get about 2" on the grassy areas Friday/Saturday. It won't be here long though. It will be the first snow of the year for us flatlanders.

I know that I am getting old when I can't remember how I hurt it.

Mike
  4. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout adventure flyfisher

Oddometer:
    Had snow here on Tuesday its gone now but lots still around at higher elevations to the west:puke1
  5. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    The snow and cold weather really makes building the stands fun. I get real nervous having nothing to do. I enjoy doing it a lot more when it is cold outside. The weather here this year has been very warm. When the season changes it seems to do it overnight. It was 85F one day and 53F the next. it is in the 30s now with snow in the forecast. But it is still early and should be back in the 70s soon. Being raised in Southern California the change of seasons is new but very welcome. I love Colorado weather.

I could bend my knee this morning and it is finally getting better. I am happy since I am getting anxious to get back to fabricating.

Mike
  6. WTW

WTW Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, you can put me down for a DRZ stand when you start making them Thanks, Tommy
  7. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I will do that if I keep making stands. I am really thinking about stopping for tax reasons. I don't want to pay one more cent than necessary to this corrupt government. Your money may be better spent buyiing food, guns and ammo.

Mike
  8. Moparmanpete

Moparmanpete The Cracken has risen!...maybe? NOPE

Oddometer:
    Mr Mike
    Do your stands for the xr600 also fit the xl600?
  9. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    No, the frames are not exactly the same. I was looking into making one for that model but could ot get the info to do it. It is not likely that I will add any new models in the near future.

Mike
  10. stnick

stnick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike, I'd like to order one of your fine center stands for my 05 XR650L. How do I complete the order process?
    Thanks from Dixie,:rofl

Nick Nichols
  11. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    Hi after a center stand for a te630
    Cheers Will
  12. RestlessRider

RestlessRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 for a 2012 KLX250.

Thanks,

13. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I am not making stands at this time. Weather is still to good here. No snow in Denver yet and temps in the 60s. I am also waiting to see what will happen with taxes and how that will affect my bottom line.

Agenda 21 is being pushed real hard by local governments and will have a big affect on our riding areas. We all need to be aware of UN Treaties ratified by the Senate. Many of the policies are being installed at City and County levels. It is done a small piece at a time. If you are not familiar with Agenda 21 go to the UN website and check it out.

Mike
  14. stnick

stnick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any idea on the XR650L stand?
    256-651-9715 Nick
  15. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I have'nt decided yet if I will be making stands or not. I have been busy with other things that I need to do and have not had time. It takes me about 10 hours to make a XR650L stand. I just don't have that much time to make them right now.

Mike
  16. stnick

stnick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok Mike thanks for the reply. All my KLR riding buddies will hopefully be around when I have another rear flat in the middle of the Smokey Mountains... they dish out verbal abuse and I give it right back in the form of a rooster tail from the XRL. lol
    Do you know of anyone that might have one of your stands for sale? At 56 and still riding strong, I like to do all I can to be prepared before the ride.

Thanks Mike,

Nick Nichols
  17. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout adventure flyfisher

Oddometer:
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed you decide to keep building and perfect the Transalp stand. Cheers from the snowy north country:rofl
  18. Northern Hooligan

Northern Hooligan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am interested in a XR650l stand as well. It would be sent to OR to save any paperwork for the border.

Cheers
  19. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I will make a very small number of stands this year. I started doing this so I would not be sitting around in the meathead chair. Now it is hard to find time to make them at all. I will give priority to ADV inmates on what I do make.
  20. stnick

stnick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, is there a list of names with approximate time of delivery? I know you said it's a hobby making these stands but I just want a good guess when santa's coming.
    Thanks, Nick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.