[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    Anything for the Yamaha Super Tenere?
  2. freefall109

freefall109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I get back from deployment in 10 days, in the "things I am looking forward to most" it's a close race between a pile of bike parts (of which these panniers are included) and sex...:freaky
  3. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    We'll be announcing the surprise mid week. We want to focus on getting all of the pannier shipment out before we really engage in marketing again.

Think small. :evil

Absolutely!

Panniers - http://advdepot.com/globescout-world-class-pannier-kit-super-tenere.html
    Top Cases - http://advdepot.com/globescout-xtop-topcase-kit.html

Top cases (27L) are available right now. Panniers and 40L top cases are due in June as we've sold through this last shipment.

Thanks for your service, and and early welcome back!

I'm glad you're looking forward to our panniers that much. Hopefully they live up to the billing!
  4. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    BTW:

• All R1200GS Special and Top Case kits in this shipment were shipped last week.
    • All KTM pannier kits were packaged up on Saturday and will be going out Monday at around 10:00 AM.
    • All Tiger 800 kits were drilled today and will also be going out on Monday.
    • 2013 R1200GS pannier mounts are to be delivered to our warehouse on Monday. We'll be verifying what drilling template they need, and punching holes through them in the next 48 hours. They will be ready to go on Tuesday, most likely.

As of right now we have a few 45L panniers and 27L top cases in stock. More panniers are being built now, and we're expecting to have them in June.

We'll also be vending at the BMW RA Rally at the Biltmore, and we'll have panniers on display there, too.
  5. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Story of my life...

I'd also be real curious how far offset the mounts are for the '13 racks.
  6. freefall109

freefall109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rob, what's the good word on tiger panniers? Haven't seen anything on email?
  7. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    All shipped. email customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com with your order number and I'll have someone look into it.
  8. workin4beermoney

workin4beermoney 2Up Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got my UPS notification that my panniers are on the truck for delivery! Can't wait to get home and see how they look on the bike.:freaky:freaky
  9. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    Mine were delivered today and I managed to get it fitted on the bike before dinner. :clap

Drilling the second pannier got a lot easier than the first. I made a template like the person who wrote the lengthy review, but I found that method was not "100% precise" and caused me a little rework to get all five holes lined up per puck.

Learned from that and just used my template for the center holes then used the big fender washer as my drilling template for the other four holes. Worked like a charm.

:clap
  10. ducatirdr

ducatirdr Over 40 years riding on roads.

Oddometer:
    Here is my Tiger with the GlobalScout anodized black bags

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    They are all shipped. If you have questions regarding your specific order, please call into the shop or email customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com
  12. JSkinner

JSkinner SeattleRider

Oddometer:
    Received my Globescout panniers yesterday. Excellent quality and they look great. I attached them onto my moose racing rack. Sorry for the washed out iPhone pics and Thanks Rob for the updates during shipment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    :clap
    Some awesome looking pannier kits! I *love* the way the black looks on the Tiger 800.

I also wanted to post a quick note here as we've been asked about it a few times - the R1200GS Special kits do not work with a Touratech rack. They ONLY work with the BMW OEM rack for the Adventure panniers.

Oh, and we're now OPEN ON SATURDAYS! 10-3, Eastern time.

Thanks guys! Keep the pictures coming! :evil
  14. kevinkoller

kevinkoller n00b

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if anyone with the Globescout XTop 40L top case could measure the inside diagonal dimension? I use my bike mostly for commuting and I want to know if my laptop (inside its bag) will fit? While you are at it, the other inside dimensions would be handy (L, W, H).
  15. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    Action shot out in nature!

[​IMG]

With some old iron!

[​IMG]
  16. cory1848

cory1848 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So do we hav any more real world reviews on these? Lots of people ordered but only a few reported back. I would like to know if these met your standards or if you had any issues thus far with them. Any regrets?

Right now I am deciding between these or Jesse's. Leaning towards Jesse's due to capacity and being closer to the bike.
  17. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steer clear of the Jesses unless you enjoy customer service that makes you want to pull your hair out.

I have a set for a 1200GS that will be for sale very soon without the hassle but ill never deal with those people again even if they gave bags away.
  18. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Not a whole lot of feedback yet, despite over 30 sets delivered. We haven't heard alot of feedback yet, which were taking as a good thing. The two items that we've heard back so far are:

• Locks - It looks like we mixed up two sets of locks when sorting the panniers out. I think for the next set, we're going to ship panniers with locks uninstalled so everyones match without have to deinstall and reinstall at our shop to ensure everyone has a matching pair.
    • Black Marks - We've received feedback from two people regarding black marks inside of the natural sets. Natural sets aren't anodized (I believe I've stated this before in the thread) and are still mostly aluminum in the alloy that is used. You probably will have some black marks that you'll need to keep clean. If you have set of natural panniers, please reach out to us on the site about options.

I also want to note quickly that Bill - our Customer Service Manager - unfortunately and unexpectedly passed away on Monday. We're a pretty small shop, and he was the one manning the phones day in day out. I'm trying to sort through everything now, but if you have a phone conversation with him and you're waiting on him to do something, please use the contact link on the site so I can work with you to fix any issues or follow up on whatever.

He was my Dad, BTW. He retired about two years ago to help out with everything as we continually got bigger. It's a bit crazy around here right now, but things are starting to settle down as we have temporary help that has started. He loved talking to everyone, and frankly, so do I. I can't wait for the next Globescout shipment to arrive. :D
  19. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    My condolences for your dad. RIP, Bill.
    :2cry
  20. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow. Sorry to hear. I had a great chat with him about a week or so ago. Great guy. Im very sorry.