KTM 1190 and 1190R owners show us your bikes

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Bikeaddict, Feb 3, 2013.

1. igorpetrovich

igorpetrovich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    there are no knoby tires to fit these wheels yet. my dealer told me conti is making them, they should be ready in a couple of months and should look like the ones on the 690 R.
  2. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    That's good news. The 690R carries TKC80 if I recall correctly.
    I guess the new Metzeler Karoo 3 could handle the 150 HP too, maybe they made it compatible with the wide 1190 rims
  3. Dualsport Crazy

Dualsport Crazy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats Igor ....

Thats a super sharp looking machine..... The Akro's look awesome !!!

Can't wait to get my hands on one when it comes to Canada ....

Enjoy the ride & ride safe :freaky
  4. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweeet!

So.. how does it ride compared to the 990? :ear
  5. igorpetrovich

Oddometer:
    I wrote the report on the other thread... here it is:

I'll try to write a short comment on my first ride on my new 1190 adv r.
    since I'm italian an my english is so so, I hope you'll forgive me for all the errors I'm going to make.

As you can see from the pic I got it on a raining day. I did 40 km on road and 3 off road.

noise (akra): it is noisy only when starting it up and at minimum rev. otherwhise is more silet than the 900 with stock silencer. Also the motor is quiter then 990.

the seat it's slightly higher then the 990 adv and the handle bar a little more far away. it's a very natural an confortable seatting position.

the motor is fantastic! I would like all the people complainig tha 150 hp is too much to try it. the power it's just perfect! to me the ride by wire it's great. the accelerator reacts very softly at slow rev. & speed. uncomparable with the 990.
    already from 2000 rev the torque is very strong but never eccesive, the bike it always "composed". this with street setting and never passing the 7000 rev. in this range the vibation level was low, lower the 990.
    the traction control went on 3/4 times but I couln't fell it at all.

the chassis and suspensions are very ballance the bike soo nimble! the suspention feel steafer but on the rocky off road were great, the bike felt easier than the 990 off road. expecially because it's very easy to handle the accelerator,even when using all the 150 hp on wet rocky surface, incredible. impossible to compare it to the 990.

I also tried the bike on the highway, 170 km/h at aprox. 6000 rev. the windscreen in it's upper position works well, no buffering at all! the head is covered and you get a little air pressue on he sholdrers, I don't need to buy the higher screen.

for last the central stand, even a 4 years hold boy could lift the bike up...

Ciao
    Igor
  6. KTMSAM

KTMSAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the short write up on your new bike! It sounds excellent and I can't wait to see one in the US. Don't be shy about putting up pictures/videos and your thoughts about the bike as I'm sure many people would like to see it!
    Take care and Enjoy the ride!
    KTMSAM
  7. Azmontana

Azmontana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome looking machine and thanks for the write up. Congrats.
  8. ktm55

ktm55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So the standard bike looks like it uses a 120/70-19" tire. The R model is a 21" front (with 2.5" wide rim?). What size tire in on the 21" rim?

I have the Conti TrailAttack 90/90-21 on my 990. It's a bit skinny for a 500lb bike. I'll get around to getting a 19" front wheel but in the mean time it'd be nice if there were a wider 21" tire to put on my 990.
  9. Bikeaddict

Bikeaddict Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer:
    Well, I think the R looks an far better the standard one. Congrats Igor! Tons of healthy envy! Enjoy it to the full and please more pix!!!! :clap
  10. Bails

Bails Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another month before we see them in Australia I am told ???
  11. Red Dust

Red Dust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Need a test ride now, in Australia.

No more wait!
  12. igorpetrovich

Oddometer:
    few pics of today's ride

Above the clouds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game over, end of the road because of the snow
    [​IMG]

Going back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Como lake
    [​IMG]
  13. Georgios

Georgios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you Igor, for the wonderful pics. I´ll probably be in the area around Lugano this fall.

You have bought a very nice bike.
  14. Tails_KTM

Tails_KTM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can't beat those R pics, but at least I'm the first with a normal 1190 Adventure. In rainy Holland today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First impressions: It's a well-trained elephant!
    Even though Cagiva probably has the rights to that name, I think it fits my grey 1190 well. Coming from a KTM 990 SM T, this bike is only a little bit taller. Strangely, it feels lighter in the corners. The bike drops into corners very eagerly without being nervous. It pulls from 2200 rpm where the 990 needed at least 3000 and was much more jerky in its fuel injection.
    It does dive a bit during braking, but otherwise the suspension and damping seen quite firm in the 'Comfort' mode (there's also Street and Sport). You can also change the drive mode. The dealer had put it in Rain due to the weather, which feels quite soft in the throttle. I put it into Street for the last few km's and the bike seems much more willing then. You do have to close the throttle while doing the setting with your left thumb, but it can be done while riding.
    One interesting observation I made is that the 1190 feels less stable while driving in traffic jams. First gear is not that short, so I needed the clutch a lot, and the bike does not track that well at super low speeds.
    I parked it on some gravel for a photo but unfortunately the camera battery was dead due to the cold weather. I hope there is a Powerpart to solve this, because the sidestand sank right into the gravel and I almost dropped the bike!
    Solo Gato and guzmann like this.
  15. Balsta

Balsta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    very nice!!!!

congrats!!
  17. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    signing in :lurk
    thanks for sharing real life pictures, guys!
  18. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Igor, thanks for the fantastic pictures. I'll be picking up an 1190R next year, retiring the 990A to the bike museum (not selling another single bike; gonna will em all to my grand kids eventually).
  19. Tails_KTM

Tails_KTM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Yes it's in Holland.
    gixxerjasen and guzmann like this.
  20. Terence FFM

Terence FFM prof. cat-herder

Oddometer:
    I just read the review in Motorrad (the comparison test of the 19/17 wheeled travel enduros) and they complained that the steering damper was set too high (too much dampening). Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

I will be curious what the ratio of non-R to R Adventure sales is. I like the idea of a 950 SE and a regular 1190, but the idea of a single bike to do it all is cool too (ie 1190R).

In anycase congrats on the sweet new ride!