Farkle Day at CJRacer's place

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by pburke, Oct 16, 2007.

1. sunsurfnride

sunsurfnride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im in for the clutch, see you on the 14th:freaky
  2. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    I may be due for a valve check. I just need to look into my crystal calendar.
  3. kdhMaico

kdhMaico Old Junk Rider

Oddometer:
    CJ,
    Hope to make it for the Arctic Cat tech day. Probably by then we'll have another starter to rebuild. I'll bring lots of springs.:wink:

Kevin and Alexander
  4. pburke

pburke Talks more than he rides

Oddometer:
    I'll be there. Should be back from vacation in the first week of August, so this is a good date.

Probably gonna do the valve job I had in mind last fall.
  5. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Still a few months out, just updating to let everyone know it's still on, or inform new owners.

So far this is the plan.

Fri- Rekluse install around noon, Start of valve shim adjustment afterward on my bike. W/ the limited room now I may have to do this more of a demonstration style than a work on your own bike. (3 bikes max inside) I'll figure that out when the time gets closer and I have actual numbers of how many will be showing up.

Sat- Finish up valve work and put bikes back together.

Sun- finish up then go for a ride.

I do have some trails is my back yard (about a 2-3 mile loop) if anyone wants to do some offroad practice on there bikes.

Tent camping is welcome.
  6. JBird

JBird Retriever

Oddometer:
    Did someone say Artic Cat Day???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    Holy Arctic Cat gold mine Batman!!!111!11!!

Noice.

I've been ever so slowly getting drawn into the vintage sled sickness. :eek1 :1drink
  8. kdhMaico

kdhMaico Old Junk Rider

Oddometer:
    Wow,
    Mine hasn't looked that good since it was brand new.

Nice!:evil

These are pictures of mine right after I got it in the summer of 73. It was the last new 72 model the dealer had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    WOW. Looks like you've got some work to do Kevin.:D
  10. Blueflyer

Blueflyer n00b

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun - would like to attend in 2009

Doug

day
  11. rolo tomassi

rolo tomassi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another for the list. Thanks!

Valve adjust and basic tune up on early '04.
  12. Monty_Burns

Monty_Burns Excellent.

Oddometer:
    Hey Craig, I'll be there, so long as I'm still employed and owning a 950 in August.

You still going to Idaho in September? I think I can make it this year, barring any job related strangeness.

Hope you are having a good summer!

Cheers,

Monty "Dave"
  13. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Hi Dave,

Yep, Still heading out to ID. This will be a big bike prep weekend for that trip.

Hope you can make it.

cj
  14. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    About a month away.

Plans are for most of the work to be started on Fri. around 10am. Finished up on Sat. Test ride on Sun. I'm working on the list of all the riders that have said they plan to attend and what they want to do. I've got limited shop room this year, so unfortunately not everyone will be able to work on there bike. I plan to offer as much info and demonstration that I can. You will be required to work on your own bike, (no better way to learn) but I will be more than willing to help and answer questions.

Some projects are:

Friday Aug 14th

-Rekluse/ update install
    -Start valve check / oil change/ waterpump rebuild

I'll be in need of a Valve shim change before my next trip, so I will have my bike torn apart for demonstration.

- Fri Dinner at the house may be carry out from a great local burger joint.

Fri/ SAt Aug 15th

- Install new chain and sprockets
    - Check/ change brake pads
    - Rim lace/build up

We may have a rider from the "North". All the way from Canada to demonstrate this Rim build-up.

- Finish up assembly
    - Sat night dinner we plan to have food here.:freaky

Sun Aug 16th

- TIME TO RIDE:ricky

If the weather is nice and the track is not a sloppy mess the trails will be open to ride all weekend. I have about a 2.5-3 mile loop that is great practice on a 950 ADV. But still fun on smaller bikes. If you want to stop out to see some wrenching and hit the trails on your DS bike, let me know so I can anticipate how large a group we'll have.

Lunches and breakfast are still up in the air. I may have some helpers that can do some running to get food for the group. I hope to have some hard numbers in a week, so please update the post if you can and can't make it.
    Please try and let me know if you can make it or not no later than July 31st. We'll need time to get food stuff figured out.

I'll start a list in this thread as I get names.

The local dealer (Petrie Motorsports) is giving us a price break on parts and accessories. They offer a lot of support and knowledge for this event. So if there is anything you need for this event I can order it and have it here waiting for you. Contact me so I can make sure all the correct parts get ordered. I'll place one large order no later than Aug 3rd and pick up all the parts a few days before the Tech Weekend. This has worked well in the past and ensures you have all the parts needed to finish the task at hand. Also make your travel easier if you plan to ride here.

- For those riding out to the KTM rally in ID. It's about 2000 miles out. I figure about 5-6,000 mile trip if you like riding mountain trails. I normally figure 15,000 miles per chain and sprocket set. If you're getting close to the end, I'd recommend a new set for piece of mind. I plan to install fresh nobbbies when we get out there. (Still working on that)

I'll have room for free camping, bring the mosquito spray, I live in the woods. There are also Hotels in Town, I'm about 5 miles out.

That's it for now, dig out your tool kits and and find Mukwonago on the map. Hope to see you here.

cj
  15. wshoc840

wshoc840 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in...I'm bringing the tent and will set up in the back yard. If anyone is coming down from the Neillsville area let me know and we can ride down together.
    I'm looking forward to a Katie Kalfas (AKA mrs. CJracer) Mexican fiesta for the dinner portion of the show.....:freaky
  16. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    I'm starting my coast-to-coast (and back) trip from L.A on August 1, and though I can't say for certain that I'll make it there by the 14th-15th-16th, there's a possibility :ear And by the time I get there I'm probably gonna need one of everything, so just go crazy on ordering parts :lol3
  17. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:

That would be great, you're more than welcome. Pm sent.
  18. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    About a month away.

Plans are for most of the work to be started on Fri. around 10am. Finished up on Sat. Test ride on Sun. I'm working on the list of all the riders that have said they plan to attend and what they want to do. I've got limited shop room this year, so unfortunately not everyone will be able to work on there bike inside. Oil changes are easily done outside anyways. I plan to offer as much info and demonstration that I can. You will be required to work on your own bike, (no better way to learn) but I will be more than willing to help and answer questions.

Some projects are:

Friday Aug 14th

-Rekluse/ update install Starting at 10 am.
    -Start valve check / oil change/ waterpump rebuild

I'll be in need of a Valve shim change before my next trip, so I will have my bike torn apart for demonstration.

- Fri Dinner at the house may be carry out from a great local burger joint.

Fri/ SAt Aug 15th

- Install new chain and sprockets
    - Check/ change brake pads
    - Rim lace/build up

We may have a rider from the "North". All the way from Canada to demonstrate this Rim build-up.

- Finish up assembly
    - Sat night dinner we plan to have food here.:freaky

Sun Aug 16th

- TIME TO RIDE:ricky

If the weather is nice and the track is not a sloppy mess the trails will be open to ride all weekend. I have about a 2.5-3 mile loop that is great practice on a 950 ADV. But still fun on smaller bikes. If you want to stop out to see some wrenching and hit the trails on your DS bike, let me know so I can anticipate how large a group we'll have.

Lunches and breakfast are still up in the air. I may have some helpers that can do some running to get food for the group. I hope to have some hard numbers in a week, so please update the post if you can and can't make it.
    Please try and let me know if you can make it or not no later than July 31st. We'll need time to get food stuff figured out.

I'll start a list in this thread as I get names.

The local dealer (Petrie Motorsports) is giving us a price break on parts and accessories. They offer a lot of support and knowledge for this event. So if there is anything you need for this event I can order it and have it here waiting for you. Contact me so I can make sure all the correct parts get ordered. I'll place one large order no later than Aug 3rd and pick up all the parts a few days before the Tech Weekend. This has worked well in the past and ensures you have all the parts needed to finish the task at hand. Also make your travel easier if you plan to ride here.

- For those riding out to the KTM rally in ID. It's about 2000 miles out. I figure about 5-6,000 mile trip if you like riding mountain trails. I normally figure 15,000 miles per chain and sprocket set. If you're getting close to the end, I'd recommend a new set for piece of mind. I plan to install fresh nobbbies when we get out there. (Still working on that)

I'll have room for free camping, bring the mosquito spray, I live in the woods. There are also Hotels in Town, I'm about 5 miles out.

That's it for now, dig out your tool kits and and find Mukwonago on the map. Hope to see you here.

cj

List of riders attending Yes/ Maybe

1) cjracer Y
    2) Katie Y
    3) bmwgsbill Y
    4) RC51950ADVAlpintac Y
    5) sunsurfnride Y
    6) Kdhmaico and Alexander Y
    7) pburke Y
    8) Blueflyer Y
    9) Monty Burns Y
    10) FINNDIAN Y
    11) Willnevergrowup M
    12) Zigman M
    13) jryden M
    14) WIsixfitty Y
    15) Zorchdog Y
    16) Looper M
    17) WayneP Y

Anyone else I missed? Let me know if I should add or remove you.

thanks,
    Cj

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  19. pburke

pburke Talks more than he rides

Oddometer:
    Craig,

make me a certain YES for attending. I'll set up a tent in the back yard.

Rekluse update, valve check, brake check, perhaps new tires, and and oil change. Do the carbs on this thing ever need synching?

Peter
  20. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update Peter. :thumb

I don't have the tools to synch the carbs, I'm sure they do, but I've not done mine in 48,000.:dunno I could look into that. If anyone has this equipment please bring it.

PM me if you need parts.

When are you going to get here? If you could show up during the day on Fri that would be the best. You've got a lot of work ahead of you.

First come first serve for garage work space.

later,
    cj