Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took the skid plate off since i removed my clutch cover and never put it back on. Here in chicagoland we dont have much stuff to use the skid plate on. Im putting it back on though just to be safe..

Also what aize are 08 handlebars? Ive bought oversized ones along with pro taper universal mounts but ive recently read that on 08's, theyre already 1-1/8?
  2. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I actually just wanted to see if the engine would be any quieter without the skidplate and never got around to reinstall it.
  3. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    Ah, I get it. I thought the sale fell through and SF was listing the bike again.

Oh well, time to get my own Rekluse setup (when the tax refund comes in)
  4. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    I sent him an e-mail. Sounds more like he's found a KTM 690 he likes better and trying to see if he can sell the TE610 really quick.

He does seem a bit worried about the cam chain as he asked me about that in his e-mail.

I wouldn't even mind having that bike back, but I'm just not in a position to buy it back.

5. Dr Klaun

Dr Klaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought from Just Gas Tanks at xmas time with their 10% off deal. They do give a 5% ADV discount. Every little bit helps with this one $$$.

I'll give bit kudos to them for swapping tanks (first one had some mold problems where the fuel mump mounts up). They shipped the second one with a prepaid return label for the first after calling back to review the issue.
  6. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:

Lemme know, I'd like to help out and see how that all goes together.
  7. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spoke to Danny at Rekluse yesterday about kit for my450EXC, and when I mentioned running one in a TE610, he said, wait a minute we've been getting a lot of calls and sales for TE610s. Gentlemen, we are officially on their radar screen! I've forwarded the install link and follow on reports. When you order, ask for Patrick in sales and Danny in Technical Support. Oh you may also want to ask if the would swap the C2000L4 for a C200L7.
    That would give an option for higher engagement RPM. on the 610.
  8. drrags

drrags Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer:
    That's awesome. I've been saving all winter for one. I can only afford one though, and I don't know whether to put it in the TE450 or the TE610.
  9. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seeing as they both use the same one, you can try it in both!
  10. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got my package from Hall's that I ordered a few days ago and in that package among many other things was a 13t front sprocket. I just installed it and a new (112 link D.I.D from Husqvarna) and matched with the 46 or 47 (can't remember) ironman, I've found the perfect gearing for the area I'm riding all the time! I can idle (even up a bit of an incline) in 2nd and stay between that and 3rd all the time! Not sure if I'm going to even bother with the Rekluse. I'll need some more time out to really make up my mind on it.
  11. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm digging the new BRP chain glide too [​IMG] so if any one needs an OEM chain glide powder coated red with some use on it (inner parts been replaced a year ago) let me know.
  12. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lunger; I'm afraid you've made a very costly and dangerous mistake, BEWARE of that sprocket combo.

For some reason I really can't quite figure out; Law Enforcement is unfairly targeting innocent riders who through no fault of their own pass them on one wheel just because of their sprocket choices! It's totally unfair, but consider yourself warned.
  13. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    The fourm has been a buzz with talk of auto clutches.

Does anyone want to experment?
    I have two of these complete unidentified centrifical clutches plus a flywheel. All look to have pretty low hours. I got these from a lot of parts from Mr. Burel Hughes son Colin. He thinks they are from or for a 350 Husky. Might fit a 450????

If you want them, thier free, just pay shipping.
    Send PM with questions ect. I'll be on holiday next week but will check in from time to time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha! They have to catch me 1st! Good thing is, I only ride .5 mile of road until I hit the trails.
  15. flyrodder

flyrodder nothing bugs me except insufficient applause Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Winter needs to be over now. All done with the headlight, fatbar, BRP bar mount, bark buster, blinker/handguards, tail tidy, etc. Waiting for 14t yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. K7MDL

K7MDL 2015 Tiger 800XCx

Oddometer:
    The clutch may fit both but you might watch the case cover clearance. For the 450 I think there is a spacer (thick gasket maybe) they offer to use the stock clutch cover for certain models of clutch. I am using the Z-Start Pro. On my 2006 TE450 I used a 7602 aftermarket clutch cover with oil window. Does the TE610 require a spacer also? Do not recall seeing mention of it so probably does not. I found mine at discount at Thumpertalk store, combined it with a birthday discount they had offered. Not a place I think of by default.
  17. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks good! Just need to change that fluid in the rear brake res. and you'll be all set. They use shit from the factory, it all turns black, but once you change it it will stay clear.
  18. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    on my husky.. :D

I've been searching for a nice led tail light and never found a decent looking one.. So I just bought the brightest and best looking tail light I could find and retro fitted it. Its from a ninja 250 wich was $114 on ebay (blaster x model).

I probably wasn't going to upgrade the light until I busted my original one while failing at doing a wheelie :uhoh anyway...

Came in last night and this is what I've come up with..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It isn't done and there are a few unnecessary holes in that piece of plastic :freaky but Ill buy new under fender plastic from husky, if it isn't much moneys of course, and itll be stock looking, intensely bright tail light with integrated orange turn signals....

cheers
  19. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
    You are correct, no spacer required for the 610/630 Zstart Pro.
    Good thing, because it be a tough one. Oil pump drive, filter etc.
  20. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone else have this problem with 7602 radiator braces??

[​IMG]

Bottom of front fender is hitting bottom of the radiator brace.