RTW with Noah on a KTM 690

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by RoninMoto, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I need one for Japan too. I have been doing a lot of research on the Carnet and this map seems to be pretty accurate for Asia. It was just the easiest way to represent what I wanted to say.
  2. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    One year ago today I started traveling! Hard to believe how the time flies when you are having fun. 52,000 km, 25 countries, countless new friends and so many memories. Thanks to everyone who is following along, given me support, and all my new friends. Cheers! :freaky

This pic was taken a few weeks ago.. but I thought it was to good not to share.
    [​IMG]
    My mom must be proud.
  3. stan.riner

stan.riner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm enjoying following this. Your pictures are simply amazing. Being a former road-racer, I love the views of the awesome twisties!
    I am definitely adding this to my bucket list. We're moving to Vietnam for work and I'm thinking about "riding home" when we're done with our commitment (in 3 years). The question will be which direction to take. I'm thinking West since it's further (we would most likely be going to the West coast since we live in Hawaii).

Subscribed.
  4. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, CTRN Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Noah!

What a year it has been! Thanks for taking us along with you in your travels.

Jeff G.
    Concord, CA
  5. gregMo

gregMo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap...what a year man?! totally awesome, thx for taking us all along. You must be great inspiration for many young men as its much easier before you get entangled with family/responsibilities etc... Keep on riding/reporting and play along w/locals as it is the best part of a trip like that :freaky Love your attitude, character and style... that's what makes this story so appealing to others. Great pictures also - keep up a good work!

Also, please post a picture of you from a year ago (at the start of the trip) so we can compare them both and see what a year of adventures do to the man:rofl ...I'm proud of you "son"! Happy RTW-ing!

cheers,
    greg
  6. crestedbutte-rtw

crestedbutte-rtw PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer:
    CONGRATS ON BREAKING THE ONE YEARER.. ENJOY THE SHIT OUT OF IT SEE YA WHEN I SEE YA.. FLETCH :freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:1drink:1drink:1drink:1drink:puke1
  7. yellowknife

yellowknife Is In Canada

Oddometer:
    Quote "One year ago today I started traveling! Hard to believe how the time flies when you are having fun. 52,000 km, 25 countries, countless new friends and so many memories. Thanks to everyone who is following along, given me support, and all my new friends. Cheers!"

and two motorcycles :D

YK
  8. MihaiVeniamin

MihaiVeniamin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just some questions

how is the Arai XD helmet compared to Shoei Hornet ?
    have you been through Romania ?
    how is the seat of 690 enduro ?

I did not read all of your riding report but I am really impressed.
    Congratulations !

do you have some other trip in mind ?
  9. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

Man, your hair sure looks funny in the morning.
  10. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    sorry, but that pic is freakin' wrong!....:evil
  11. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I like the XD better.
    Havent been to Romania.
    I have Renezco racing seat and its way better then stock. The first bike had seat concepts. both are great.

The "hair" is actually a traditional Georgian hat made from sheep. Looks hilarious though.
  12. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    noah, here's the carnet cost calculator so you can do some figuring LINK -

don't remember if you were doing anymore of africa later in your trip than your jaunt into Morocco gave you a taste and make you want to go back - if so you might want to read John's ride report of Africa last year to see how he managed to get around the whole continent and not have a carnet at all, could save you a fortune - an amazing read too LINK
  13. MihaiVeniamin

MihaiVeniamin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for your quick answer. I wish you good luck and as many miles as you wish !
  14. ericGSsti

ericGSsti Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the year anniversary. Now get Back on the saddle.

Enjoy the next year mate.
  15. RMOTO

RMOTO Anticipating summer...

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the 1 year mark brother!!

Haven't seen that fly rod of yours out in a while...
  16. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Used it today in a river near Gudauri. Not sure if there was anything in there now.. or if there ever was. there is quite a bit of construction for a new hydro plant so the fish population might be screwed.
  17. RMOTO

RMOTO Anticipating summer...

Oddometer:
    Great to hear you still have your rod with you. When you make it here to New Zealand, the quality of fishing you will experience will put a smile on your face. New Zealand has world class sight fishing, here's a wee teaser vid

Really enjoying your thread

Keep well brother...
  18. Eagletalon

Eagletalon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm on page 51 and I have to say that this is one heck of a RR. What a rough start to your trip in Europe but what an amazing community we have here on adv and in Europe. Glad to see you on two wheels again my friend. Count me in as well to the list of followers!!!

Later
    John
  19. Dino de Laurentiis

Dino de Laurentiis Working on it

Oddometer:
    Maybe the new 450 adventure bike from (admittedly somewhat obscure) British manufacturer CCM will be your cup of tea then!
    130 kg dry, 17 litre tank, BMW powerplant wtih ~40 hp. Supposedly goes into production in May this year. Retails for £7995.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...kes/2013/February/feb2513-ccm-adventure-bike/

There's also a thread about here on ADVRider.

[​IMG]
  20. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Yes, this bike is sweet. I saw cad drawings of it when I was at the Rally Raid UK shop this last summer. I would love to put this bike through the paces. Unfortunately, I doubt it will make it to the US. If its a big hit, maybe big manufacturers will follow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.