Pacific Northwest with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Serbchaser

Serbchaser Chasin' the Serb

Oddometer:
    :topes
  2. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those pregnant pauses of uncertainty just totally rock, do they not?
  3. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think his most recent pregnant pause of uncertainty was specifically caused by a floundering sphincter:eek1
  4. Trane Francks

Oddometer:
    Those close calls are always an exciting moment. :huh
  5. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Btw AH, Your writing skills made a fine story of almost crapping yourself. And on a more serious note please give Superchachi my regards and that I'm happy and impressed that he's back on the road.
  6. ijg5

ijg5 n00b

Oddometer:
    WOW, all those words for " I need a shit badly"
  7. aviatorbdm

aviatorbdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, what did I miss? How do I get an antiHero sticker? Gotta have one. If nothing else simply to honor a great ride report through my neck of the woods. Not to mention it is a cool emblem.
  8. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    "...tightened into a fist and clobbered me right in my gut." I feel your pain, AH. Had the same thing happen to me on the train from SF to Mtn View one Sunday. No bathroom on board and in those days there were no stations at most of the stops. Had to hold on. Made it, just. So, what did you eat and where did you eat it about 8 hours earlier?
  9. hwunger

hwunger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    .... and to think he could have just done like Lalo and plastered the wall ....

:rofl
  10. BenZvan

BenZvan N7

Oddometer:
    Ducati Minneapolis hooked him up with some carbon and a touch of braided steel.
    [​IMG]
  11. Trane Francks

Oddometer:
    If you're gonna wear hardware, go in style! :wink:
  12. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Continued great stuff! I love the food and accommodation coverage. It really adds to the travel/adventure aspect. Well done and more is naturally expected. :D
  13. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Blader: Spaghetti Factory dinner with MotoCorsa.

Manban: Will do.

Aviator:
    The emblem is the front fairing of my bike with two scythe's in the background. Two because, "what doesn't kill you the first time will most likely try again." I'll shoot you a PM on how to get one on your bike.

Red Dog: Thanks. Keep watching for some of the accommodations. It's going to get very interesting soon. :)
  14. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL, when nature calls the shizzle hits the fan.
    We've all been there.

Diggin' the journey Dennis.:clap
    Lovin' the food notes.

Ride safe, eat well amigo.

Cheers,
    Dave
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure how far east I made it after I left Portland that night, but made it to some small dark town with a few hotels and grabbed a room. Woke up in the AM and was very relieved to see clear skies. Late checkout and lots of work later I hit the road, confirming again that Oregon has some of the best roads in the country. Smooth, fast, sinuous and spreckled infrequently with automobiles driven by considerate drivers.

I filled up at a small gas station in the middle of nowhere and came out to find a couple of Police eyeing my bike as they went inside. 30 seconds later one of them comes out, "were you using an ATM in here?" No. "Oh, someone left a $20 here, thought it was you." Nope, but thanks! After he returned, we continued to talk bikes. I thought my bike, purpose-built for the roads they patrolled, along with worn knee pucks, would have scored me a few negative points, but quite the opposite. Both he and his wife ride--and though he suspected the bike was not comfortable, didn't take me up on the offer to climb aboard.

In any case, good guys, the kind I'd want at the scene if it was me who was down or in trouble. They took off in one direction and I the other.

It surprised me when I learned Oregon had a fairly number of vineyards. Willamette is the region (and it's pronounced in a way that rhymes with dammit") and reminded me a lot of Napa, only with much larger hills around. I was farther east than that, but there were still quiet a few wineries.

[​IMG]

But mostly, there were just lots and lots of trees dissected by magnificent miles and miles of roads...
    [​IMG]

...and huge, Matterhorn-like mountain peaks.
    [​IMG]

...and other huge piles of things.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw a path parallel to the road and turned off, figuring it'd be a great spot to take pics.

http://youtu.be/IaX_k9OgMnk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IaX_k9OgMnk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  16. wmdspalmer

wmdspalmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, never thought I would see someone voluntarily taking a Ducati off-road. Hats off to ya! Love the R/R
  17. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    AH! You are THE MAN! Takin' the red rocket down a rocky overgrown dirt road....oh yes he did!! Too much footage like that and you're going to put a dent in GS sales! Way to go! Your updates never fail to entertain, and often teach me something. This one did both! Thanks!
  18. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmmmm Central Oregon, you may have found some of the good stash!:evil
  19. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy y'all are enjoyin'. Here's some of the pics I took out on the trail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mt. Hood:
    [​IMG]