2 stroke Considering Oil-injection to Pre-mix....Mix Ratio??O

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by lake_harley, Dec 21, 2011.

1. gplracing

gplracing Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Carbon build up in an engine will be a result of two things, 1, using mineral oils (like in the good old days lol) 2, to much oil at part throttle (pre-mix) and or incorrectly jetted.

If your heating your head gasket to a cherry red then quenching in water you are hardening it again, your looking to "anneal" it to take the work hardening out that is coursed by the many heat cycles it has been put through.

I would recommend you relieve the bridge at the boring stage.

On a side note if your are looking to quench a none ferious material then water is a bit harsh, oil would be a much better medium.

Glyn
  2. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:

But but, if it is not broken why try to fixt it :huh
  3. peter650

peter650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't have pics of the 750, that was about 17 years ago.
    I do relieve the bridge but i still think it's a good idea to drill 2 holes in your piston {takes 5 minutes to do}
    You have to pull your top end down anyway, to check your rings, so you might as well clean it while you got it apart.
    I use to use minereal oil at 20 to1 about 30 years ago, that would carbon up a motor fast. Synthetic oil at 32to1 up to about 40 to 1 {i jet and run all my bikes at 32 to 1, but 40 to 1 could be crisper could never bring myself to go past 40 to 1} will get you to your next ring check, without pulling the top end down to clean it.
    The simple truth of the matter is, a motor will run better on pre-mix thats why race bikes use pre-mix. Oil-injection lets lazy people ride 2 strokes {until they seize due to lack of maintenance, or faulty pump}. Which brings us back to the fact, that some people {lazy people} just shouldn't ride 2 strokes.
  4. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shaddap.
  5. scrambler73

scrambler73 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no kidding...
    I doubt the guy even owns a 2 stroke other than his weedwhip.
  6. biggurn

biggurn Yes, it is BIG.

Oddometer:
    Interesting thing here, he provides no evidence to support pre mix over O.I... other than O.I. is for lazy people... Hmm, funny thing is I could make the reverse argument, pre-mix is for lazy people who do not want to go to the efforts to properly adjust and maintain the pump...
  7. peter650

Oddometer:
    I just worked out what the problem is. Your American that explains why you can't work out, how much oil to put in your tank.
  8. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the best you have to offer? Really now.................shaddap.
  9. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:
    People these are opinions on what way to run a bike, not a pissing match, you say Potato we say Potatoe, in the end what is the best, it is from years of proven O.I work fine, but also P.M has worked too. So what ever floats you scooter then run it, lets just not be a bunch of whiney people who thinks/knows better than the other guy BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! :clap
  10. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I simply shared my experience until Peter (how appropriate) began slagging and name calling. He's made his point and can go now.
  11. peter650

Oddometer:
    What a load of sh*t
  12. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:

There you go again, leave it be :dhorse
  13. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Suzuki is well known for using shielding on their cranks of their Posi-force injection stystem to keep the crank area injected oil, from getting diluted by the fuel air mixture. SAAB has been doing this with the Sport and Monte Carlo engines since the early sixties.

It's a proven system and why he's racing a Water Buffalo with the oil injection system removed is beyond me. Water Bufflao's were known to have a very effective and efficient injection system.

I'm calling troll
  14. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's not necessary but many do it. Worst thing that will happen is a fouled plug.
  15. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:
    That there is a 2 stroke sin :lol3
  16. Mr. Carts

Mr. Carts Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I has always used a mix 20 To 1 on all my two strokes From my Trabbi to my YankeeZ and all the Ossa's and Bultaco's in between.

I like a nice Blue cloud following me.
    spokester likes this.