Chix in the Stix, No. Six - so they tell me

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Miss Jane, Jan 9, 2013.

1. grumpyoldbstrd

grumpyoldbstrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    G'day Mc Snorealot,
    Whilst in Canberra, you may come across a couple of French mates (Francis & Clair - father & daughter) on my old R90/6. If so, look after them. Reckon they'll be over-nighting at Queanbeyan C/P tonight (31/1).
    Cheers,
    GOB
  2. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:

Might have to give this one a miss. :(:

Still not up to serious dirt yet and really don't want to feel like I am spoiling it for you hardcore bunch. :lol3

You girls have fun. :nod
  3. Miss Jane

Miss Jane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Hey no, no, no Canary, you can't miss it. :nono

We are not hardcore and it's not serious dirt.

The only bit of dirt where you might feel uncomfortable is the steep and twisty Goldy Spur Track, but you can go around that bit on the tar. The rest of the dirt is relatively flat and easy, 2 wheel drive in the dry.:D

So don't let the dirt put you off, you know we stick together and the important bit is the coffee, cakes and laughs.
  4. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    CAKE CAKE CAKE. So are we actually going? Hmmm, steep, don't like downhill me. But if you bribe me with cake I will consider it :lol3
  5. Powermel1

Powermel1 Adventurer in Training

Oddometer:
    Chocolate, chocolate, what about the chocolate?:dg
  6. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    Chant Chant Chant Cake Chocolate Cake Chocolate Cake Chocolate.

Does this mean we have to do a dance around the pretend campfire. Just conscious that the state is on fire at the moment.
  7. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    :raabia Just my words :raabia

But cake might be the way to go re. the sweet side of food intake 'cause of the hot weather.. melted choc is :becca
  8. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    This weekend is to be the recci ride.:clap

I'll go find some fun dirt in picturesque settings for us to ride girls.

However, I need to check out the parks website for fire information before I leave home. It's been a warm week and gee it's dry.
  9. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    When are you doing the recci ride Miss Jane?
  10. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    I was supposed to be heading to the Buckland River Valley this morning, with the intention of camping over night.

However, due to the Harrietville fire still blazing, I'm doing a day trip tomorrow to check out the area between Seymour and Merton. I haven't been through there, but I've worked out a route that I think will be suitable.

Unfortunately this route will miss Yea, and Marmalades. This is a really big shame as they do excellent breakfasts, coffee and cake. But there is always the trip home.
  11. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a meeting place and time yet? :ear
  12. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Does this interest mean that you are coming? :nod

Cheers, GSDane.
  13. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    Ummm, ...... I'm working on it.

Did a reccie ride today. Didn't do the whole ride as the last bit is too near bushfires. So I did some dirt from Seymour to Merton which mean meeting up in Seymour. Whilst it was a fun run through some country I didn't know existed in Vic, I'm not sure it's for us. The start was some of that loose gravel that is like riding on ball bearings, I don't mind it too much, but it won't be fun for some us although it was through stunning country and wasn't very far. After that the track was lovely. The other concern is that it was on the long side.

So I have an alternatives up my sleeve, but of course that means I also have various options for meeting up. An obvious town is Mansfield around late morning/ lunch time. What ever we do will go through or near Mansfield.

I will be leaving from Central Vic and will probably have a few riders with me, if anyone wants to join me they are welcome.

I'm concerned about bush fires at the moment, but I hope we will be right by the time mid March comes around.
  14. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    If meeting in Seymour it is just over 2 hours or Mansfield nearly 3 hours riding on the main roads and freeways for me. I am not worried about the distance, but not much fun on your own. :(:

Are there any other Chix from the South Eastern/Gippsland/Mornington Peninsula side of town? :D
  15. grumpyoldbstrd

grumpyoldbstrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Are there any other Chix from the South Eastern/Gippsland/Mornington Peninsula side of town?"

McCardigan is from Gippsland.:D If Megan is back from her Blazeaid work near Maffra (& if she's joining you lot), she might be a chance. She lives in the S/E area. If you want, PM me for her contact details.
  16. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's not a girl and not going! :nono

Sorry McCardigan, can't bear to hear your snoring if I go and you were there. :eek1 :lol3
  17. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    go girls!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U_I-45KkNJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  18. Powermel1

Powermel1 Adventurer in Training

Oddometer:
    B1, great video, thanks for posting it.

And thanks to Strummer fro making it, great piece of work,
    :clap
  19. jude

jude Not so n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi folks! - Jude here!
    Ditto to Mel's comments re the video! - thanks for doing/posting!!!
    Canary - are you and Fifty coming??
    Ducky and I will be coming- we are both a bit rusty with not much riding of late, so will be happy to take the easy options and just enjoy the journey and spending time with the Chix!
    So come on all you gels out there, don' be shy and come along for a great weekend!
    Jude
  20. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Hmph!

Can't find your particulars in my little BB. It is spelt with a C and not a K??. Send photo's.:lol3:lol3:lol3

On a serious note, I will probably be there, but will seek quieter pastures:D