Too Baggers.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by motu, May 15, 2012.

1. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    :clap
  2. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    you don't want ones with no balance pipe, send them up to me for my 500 racer project thats gaining momentum...
  3. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    I’ve got a couple of non balance pipe headers that I won’t be using. Kinda ugly though. Also, they’re from an ’80 - would they fit the R65 heads?
  4. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but I think the diameter of the tube is smaller.:D
  5. Merv

Merv Easy Biker

Oddometer:
    Yeah hi Mark, still going just don't come to this site much but a post of Oscar's on KB made me come and have another look.
  6. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I welded new outlets onto the collector, and painted the headers and collector black to match the tyres. I did the Kaiaua Loop today - roads I know well and ridden many times with the 2 into 1, to get a better idea of how it goes rather than just a hoon around the block. It's pretty quiet for an open system, probably sounds sick (old sick, not new sick) to bystanders....but riding an Airhead is not about image is it, everyone knows what you are soon as they see the bike. A little flat midrange, lifting the needles would take care of that, but it does certainly seen to have a bit more 6 to 7 grand than the 2 into 1....not that I live at the red line. I'll keep them on for a few more rides, then swap again.

[​IMG]
  7. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    Oh....road legal again...:evil
    did yo buy some chups?
  8. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I was on my way to get rego in Hamilton, but I think I took a wrong turn going out of town....dunno, I can't remember or something. Saw a 999 at the chip shop and he nodded to me - I just love the social interaction of the biker breed. I like doing the loop from the bottom backwards, no bikes going my way.
  9. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    He wasn't nodding he was nodding off from looking at a BMW...:rofl
  10. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I went to Auckland today...but which bike to take ? I took this one because it was there....

[​IMG]

I did over 300km, and dropped the bike - riding into the shed. Damn panniers are wider than the heads...at least I know I can pick up an airhead - lucky they only fall over at 45 deg.

2 into one back on and 2 extra plates in the Supertrapp to go with the lifted needles. The gutted stock system certainly has more top end....but I ride 4,000 to 6,000 more often than 6,000 to 7,000rpm. I'm dropping the needles and taking one, or maybe two plates out - on the road next ride. Just didn't seem as sharp as it usually is.

This is an ADV forum....

[​IMG]

I went to check out tyres - didn't see the tyres I want (K180), but saw plenty of tyres I don't want. No hurry, still plenty of rides left in these....

[​IMG]
  11. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    More exhaust experiments. When I fitted a 2 into 1 with the Supertrapp about 3 years ago I settled on 6 discs, and then fitted a 38mm outlet to kill the harsh noise, and this seemed to fatten up the bottom end. Not happy with the 8 plates on wednesday, I lowered the needles again and fitted the 50mm endcap.

I went to Te Anga and Waitomo today, and took my Supertrapp tools and reducer pipe, fully intending to go back to what I originally had after experimenting along the way. But performance today was stunning, more power everywhere and it's seamless - have to watch the tacho as it will go deep into the red if I'm just looking at where I'm going. Still not happy with the noise - this is not some sedate mooing BMW twin, it's a harsh angry buzz....but I can live with it....for the moment.
  12. mountaincadre

mountaincadre Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all, just looking through some ae the threads and what do i find but a thread on havin sex wae ugly women, whats this i say to myself, surely there are nae ugly women in NZ and sure enough its only about twins(thank feck).
    two baggers is a term used in Scotland for a women that whilst your having sex with would need a bag put over her heid, a two bagger is a really ugly women that you would need to put a bag over her hied and then another over yer ain just in case hers comes off.
    Merry Christmas lads n lassies and have a great hogmany, mae ye live as long as ye want tae, and want tae as long as ye live.
  13. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    clearly you ant seen any pictures of the owner:norton
  14. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:

When we were young fullas we usd to rate them as "juggers".
    Its a scale from 1:evil to 10 :puke1of how many jugs of beer it would take before you found them attractive enough to consider having sex with.

Those were the days.
  15. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    There are some people who consider the BMW Airhead a beautiful motorcycle - I'm not one of them. I'm happy with the Scottish take on the title.
  16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    You have too much dust in your eyes, of course it's a beautiful motorcycle, most of them anyway.
  17. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    Other bikes hide their motor away, BMW has it out there like a WW1 fighter plane....tally ho chaps......

Just the thought of jugs of Lion Red and DB make me ill......
  18. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    Hey there Motu - spotted you on the Mangatoa/Manganui Rd the other week. Sat the 29th, driving south. You were stopped and I was in the grey blue Land Rover. Two wheels certainly would've been nicer that day, for sure!
  19. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Ah, the steel stockyard. I was just putting my gloves on after a rest stop, you slowed to see if I was OK, and then pulled over when I came up behind you - so it wasn't an unusually polite car driver after all, just another rider looking out for their own.

[​IMG]
  20. paturoa

paturoa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, 2 bikes with the same plate. Is that as as rare as a 2 headed coin?

Surprising that cans are even louder than an open header pipe. Could it be a reasonance thing?