Hello from Frazier park area...

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by paulskirocks, Mar 9, 2013.

1. paulskirocks

paulskirocks n00b

Oddometer:
    Well, I found this forum, joined, and this is my intro... I had been in northern California for a number of years, but have been back in Socal for the last year, and riding as much as possible... So, this weekend is out due to snow, but I try and hit Hungry Valley whenever I can... We head out to Cal City and Dove Springs from time to time as well... Anyways, always looking for folks to ride with... I've been riding about 35 years, solid intermediate, and ride a (plated) KTM 450EXC...
  2. S H I F T Y

S H I F T Y Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect timing. Wanna head up to FP today to let the dogs run around in the snow. How are the roads, and where would you recommend we park so I don't piss off any locals and don't have a shitload of people around? I was thinking of heading up by the school off of Peace Valley Road. Any suggestions?
  3. paulskirocks

paulskirocks n00b

Oddometer:
    The roads are fine, so no worries there... As far as where to go, I don't really know, but yesterday morning, Gorman was fully covered, and the news vans and snow bunnies were showing up... It isn't that cold today, so I don't know how much snow is left at Gorman, but I would guess plenty...
  4. S H I F T Y

S H I F T Y Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I might just head up by Falcon Way and pull off somewhere. Just wanna let the dogs out to play in the white stuff for a while.
  5. paulskirocks

paulskirocks n00b

Oddometer:
    Have fun! Now I have to decide if I'm going to drive to Cal City, as my friend just called saying they were leaving from the valley... Jeez, could have called me an hour or so earlier...
  6. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    wellcome to the hood I'm in ventura and have the same bike
    when I plan a ride I'll send you a pm
  7. paulskirocks

paulskirocks n00b

Oddometer:
    Cool, sounds good. I'd like to check out Ballinger Canyon OHV Park some time, too... Alright, it's Monday, I have the day off, as usual, so it's time to hop on the bike and head to Hungry Valley...