Ontario Ride 2012

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by tarzan30, May 30, 2011.

1. Rode2Nowhere

Rode2Nowhere Long timer

Oddometer:
    KLR.

:hide

:lol3
  2. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

June 29th to July 1st. :deal

July first is a holiday for Canadians and I believe the fourth is for folks south of us ?

This will allow things to dry up a bit and provide warmer temperatures. It also removes conflicts with the Memorial Day weekend and other local dual sport events that take place that weekend.

One week until Jimmy and myself begin pre riding, we'll keep ya posted on progress and hopefully have a few pics to share.
    :freaky
  3. 4badboyz

4badboyz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    go big or go home Rudy:freaky
  4. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I'm liking this plan.

:lurk
  5. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i was thinking the 690 KTM......but who knows might just end up with KLR Just Saying :)

@rode2nowhere i was eyeing the KLR untill the husky came up and begged my attention

@4badboyz go home....where India :jose

yeah what abt ride from South to North of India....

6. Z50R

Z50R Not lost yet

Oddometer:

Good plan to ditch the submarine.

India sounds like fun, what is the cost on something like that? Buy something cheaper than Daan's 350 and run it into the ground?
  7. rudyunknown

Oddometer:
    ohh yeah we can do a "Daan"....thats what we should call buying a cheap bike and running it to the ground....

or might buy the Enfield and use that for touring....although i would much love to either buy a better shock for Enfield when i go there or ship in parts a cheap KLR ride and leave the bike there....

someday...
  8. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    that 690R that nolan had sure is purty. if i already didn't have an 800 i could almost make that an adventure bike. almost.
  9. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Nolan's bike is a 530, IIRC.

[​IMG]
  10. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    Now that what I'm talking about! :wings
  11. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

That's a 690.
  12. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    You're right - it a "690 Enduro R" I just found out.
  13. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    +1 690 it is..... with a whole lot of bling on it. He can ride it well as well..... But he lacks navigational skills....:lol3 Sorry Nolan.

I'm just jealous...
  14. rudyunknown

Oddometer:
    I went back and read some old threads abt the 610 and water issue....seems that although they have the air intake so low, it is actually a U shaped intake that restricts the water from actually entering the engine...all it floods is the carb...which if drained would be just fine....i didnt have the right allen key or the water drain would have been super easy.......i think i lost momentum in that giant hole there....

maybe thats the reason why i didnt have any water in the oil....it was just fine....but once bitten twice shy.....so on to the next bike :freaky
  15. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    the air intake for the 690 is just under the seat at the front. the way it is designed, if you can shut off the bike before going under.... there is a air dam built into the air box. it will keep the water out if kept upright even sunk over the handle bars. (if everything is just right)...

just sayin...ah-hahaha:lol3
  16. 4badboyz

4badboyz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I drowned out in the same hole and the intake on the 950 is a prefilter behind the steering head, way above water level. Submersing the electrics in water was my problem. :huh
  17. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

When I had the 610, I was always concerned with the low part of the airbox but it never presented and issue for me. The carb throat is still pretty high so it would take a quite a bit of water to swamp it. The only real issue I had was the filter getting soaked and needing to be wrung out.

Moot point now that you got rid of the bike anyway.

My SE started sputtering midway across, but I kept giving it more juice until reached the other side. And then it stalled,,, took a bit of cranking to get it fired back up. I think I may have gotten the air filter damp. I'm running the prefilter too and I think if the snorkle was there it wouldn't have been an issue.
  18. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Or the water would have entered the carbs instead of being absorbed by the pre filter ?
  19. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

do you know what part of the electronics short out on the water crossings...? i bet it is just spark plug caps..! i know this guy who works at a car dealer where he can get them easily...:lol3
  20. rudyunknown

Oddometer:
    anyways someone tells me about their water crossing story.....i fall to the ground and laugh untill it hurts :rofl:rofl:rofl