Airhead Flea Market Thread (closed and archived)

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by apt13, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for a set of side racks for my LWB R75/5. If anyone has seen or knows where I can find a set. Thanks!
  2. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also looking for a replacement real steel seat pan for my LWB R75/5 and maybe even the foam to go with it...thanks!
  3. wirewrkr

wirewrkr the thread-killer

Oddometer:
    1) Yes it is, by just under 2 inches AND the seat pin and lock location is the same .
    2) Yes. done it several times
    3) Yes.
  4. sigpe57

sigpe57 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  6. sigpe57

sigpe57 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I'm looking for one more r80gspd 9 gallon tank. Bought one from the forum this year.

PM or reply to sigpe57"@"yahoo.com

Regards,

TT
  7. KhaoSanMan

KhaoSanMan Airhead

Oddometer:
    I have a subframe from my r100r that has been modified to use a /6 loop so it looks like the one you show but also has the right side bend to fit the r100gs or r shock for the paralever rear. It has the mount on the back to fit the /6 seats. I did this to use a standard cafe fiberglass seat but will be making a new subframe from scratch instead.

PM me of interested, I can take pics if needed.
  8. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    I have a 1993 R100GS PD for sale. I bought it on New Years Day 2012 and it got moved to the basement and not ridden. It's in the same condition as it came home. About 82K miles. It is an original Teal/White PD. I have a thread in airheads about the bike when I bought it if you want to look for the details.

Comes with solo seat and rack, dual corbin, original luggage, and both low and high fenders. Also has the Enduralast 450W electrical system installed by PO. A good solid PD ready to ride.

It has a Fox Twin Clicker rear shock that I have not yet rebuilt. I just rode the bike yesterday.

I will sell it for what I paid for it: $4750. Come and take it away. Cash or PayPal (plus fees) works. I have a clear Colorado title for the bike. The bike is located in Colorado Springs.

Tom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. crazydrummerdude

crazydrummerdude Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer:
    Damn! If I didn't just deplete my funds by moving 500 miles, I would buy that right now. Good deal.
  10. motogon

motogon Like wind

Oddometer:
    WTB:
    1. Front brake rotor 1986 R80G/S
    2. White side panels for same bike
    :D
  11. bone13

bone13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm needing a set (but will settle for one) good connecting rods to fit an 83 R80RT

Anyone got some laying about?
  12. tete

tete clown shoes

Oddometer:
    Tank knee pads needed new or used. As long as their in good shape. Hit me up.
  13. rebelpacket

rebelpacket four-stroke earth-saw Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a 64/32/12 carb, but now I'm looking for a 64/32/11 carb. Anyone have one on their shelf they are looking to sell?

For some reason, I can find a surplus of right-handed carbs for airheads, but the left-handed carbs are hard to find. Not sure why.
  14. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    I've heard a theory that the reason this happens is the right carbs last longer because they get oil from the blow by hose. Never heard any other theory so just like the Big Bang Theory which doesn't really have any competition we are stuck with it. :freaky

I've had a little luck swapping parts around in my carbs. Do you think a different slide would make the 64/32/11 that you have work? Or maybe the jets are worn out. You don't say exactly what the problem is with the carb you want to replace.
  15. rebelpacket

rebelpacket four-stroke earth-saw Supporter

Oddometer:
    My R75/5 came with the factory carbs; 64/32/3-4. The left side carb (64/32/3) had a pilot jet crumble when I tried to remove it. For all my efforts, I could not remove the brass from the threads of the carb body.

I had struck a deal with a chap on here for a box of 64/32/11 carbs and parts, hence my reason for purchasing a 64/32/12 carb. The deal on the 64/32/11 box didn't happen in time, so I'm stuck with the 64/32/12 carb, and a 64/32/3 carb.

I suppose I could always run two /12 carburetors if I can't find an 11 anywhere. Seems plenty of airheads end up feeding the hungry on eBay.
  16. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking for the locking knurled thumb screw that is used to tighten down on the twist grip. Has a little Teflon tip and spring. If anyone has an extra they're willing to turn loose, please let me know.
    Thanks
  17. Horsehockey

Horsehockey A GPS? Huh?

Oddometer:
    $10 at Hucky's BMW: 32 72 1 230 874
  18. wirewrkr

wirewrkr the thread-killer

Oddometer:
    How about from a BMW dealer for $9.65 ?
  19. tete

tete clown shoes

Oddometer:
    I know this is a shot into the abyss, but if anyone has the trim pieces for the R90/6 seat, the little chrome/polished bits, please let me know.

Thanks
  20. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Long timer

Oddometer:
    True that, but I have to have it mailed. "Shipping and handling" is $10.95 which makes it a $20 part. Hoping to get one a little cheaper here if someone had an extra. Chaps me to pay $11 to ship a small part like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.