Brownsvillian Memorial Wisconsin Ice Riding Thread (WI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by scarysharkface, Oct 12, 2010.

1. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    :scratch And now on a philly news station as well.

Now might be a good time to start that internet fundraiser :lol3
  2. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I keep hearing that, but it seems like it would be oddly self serving. I can't, in good conscience, ask for anything like that. Even if I set it up to help Bob out, I would feel wrong. I am giving him the money I had saved for my riding pants. A couple others have stepped up as well (Thank you, it means a lot, it really does. You know who you are, so I'm not going to make a big production out of it).

He is giving up on not only plowing, but on ice riding completely. He said the crowd had changed. Used to be everyone would hang out together, BS, help each other out and what not. Last couple years it's been every man for himself. Plow tips had dried up, folks bitching about how the track was layed out, bitching about the track not being cleaned enough. He was in full on rant mode, and for the most part I agreed with him.

I shut down the FB group. I'll still ride occasionally, mostly because my son wants to, but I'm just gonna give the plow guy a couple bucks instead.

In other news, we stopped out yesterday to check progress on the banana. Bob brought along a case a of Schlitz for post recovery recovery for the crew. As of 6:30, they were still cutting the channel.
  3. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    Even in my short few years on the ice, I would agree the group dynamic has changed. Our 'core' group has dwindled significantly, It's pretty much always been the IPB or Cory plowing. If one of those guys wasn't going it, it seemed generally everyone just wrote off the day. There were a couple exceptions, but not many.

I saw less people hand over plow money this year than ever, but I'm sure I missed a few donations.

I wouldn't mind a small plow on my truck, but driving 45 minutes each way eats enough gas as it is, nevermind the big investment in the plow itself.

We'll see what next fall brings around, I have no intentions of giving up ice riding - it's too damn much fun!
    But I do miss the days when there were 20 members of Team Nunbus out there riding and bullshitting until dark :cry
  4. SSG B

SSG B Rounds complete

Oddometer:
    Does it count if I have a Team Nunbus sticker on my DRZ? Can I be an honorary member?
  5. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    There is no honorary. You're either in or not. :lol3
  6. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

:rofl
  7. BENRON

BENRON Crosscut Certified

Oddometer:
    Nice interview with Bob on Channel 6.

He cleans up well!

Hard to believe this is still news though... :dunno
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    No kidding. Bob says he was gonna call that little Korean fella and have him start a war to take some pressure off.:lol3
  9. C Squared

C Squared Now without TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:

I missed the ice this year. As long as the ICB was out I didn't see the need to come and plow and drink and not ride. My elbow should be riding ready by next month I hope. And the bike will have all new engine stuff. I liked the big group of us also. I know there is another location that is AMA screws only. Last year sucked a little when I would plow and by the time I got out riding the Canadians had fluffed up the track. I liked plowing for the events this year.

May have some field days coming up.....
  10. Jon B.

Jon B. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How 'bout me? Am I in?

[​IMG]

Jon
  11. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

:huh
    :lol3

I know of the super secret AMA only track. To each their own, but I have a lot more fun on MF1's, and those who have ridden MF1 equipped bikes like em. Also, me riding MF1's is not = to fast guys riding MF1's :deal

You ol dinosaurs need to evolve :lol3 People probly bitched about 10" of suspension travel when that came out too :wink:
  12. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Donations for Bob accepted via Paypal papalobster@yahoo.com

He just called. He talked to the DNR to find out about fines and what not. He's got 30 days to get it out before fines start accumulating:huh
  13. mulletmania

mulletmania Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Little donation sent your way from myself and the guys that I ride with. I can say from all of us we hope you keep riding, it is always more fun to ride when the community is bigger. See you next year.
  14. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

:eek1 30 days? shit in that amount of time we coulda let the ice thaw ourselves and used a winch from shore!
  15. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    though we might have had to drop buoys in the harbor
  16. Kaanan

Kaanan Knee deep in snow.

Oddometer:
    Shit, I discover ice riding one year and it's gone the next.
  17. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I know a diver that could have done the rigging. :wink:
  18. onelung

onelung n00b

Oddometer:
    Lobster your fired. We need a new ice witch.
  19. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    The banana is out, not sure final bill. They're waiting for the boss to get back from vacation to figure it out.

Thank you for the donations.

While I am taking very well, mostly due to being covered, Bob is not. Positive thinking and prayers are also appreciated.
  20. kckeeny

kckeeny Poor Bastard

Oddometer:
    Wowsers, this thread sure dies off quickly each April.