The "WTF" Arizona Two Day Massacre

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Reidy008, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is not us but we are pretty sure we were at least this high on the big jump we described earlier. Knarly Dude. :super

Maybe AZRedline can verify. He was the one that saw it in his mirror. What you say Steve?

[​IMG]
  2. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doesnt seem fair, after all the tires you helped change over the weekend, and none of us were there to help change yours. We owe you Mil !
  3. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's about right! My angle was different but I definitely saw blue sky!

Disclaimer: Said incident took place on a closed course rather than a public road! No animals, farm or wild, were harmed, no natural resources were wasted and no way am I gonna be that close in front of you at the next jump opportunity!
  4. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    :evil
  5. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    water anyone
  6. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    the tire changing begins. the first of 9 flat tires and 16 total tubes used. with 7 tubes being counted from back of truck after we got home
  7. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    the very usefull compressor doing its job.Todd making sure the truck doesn't roll away.
  8. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    the first jump start for Julio,s bike. getting warmed up for the cables later that would give the bike a new charge via body current. I hear it only worked when grabing the front brake. sorry Julio.
  9. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    the beginning of todds tire struggle. turned into running three patches on a rear tire all the way to patagonia
  10. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I think Monti went through four tubes on one fix hear. at least we had the helicopter to keep us entertained. at this point four riders are with chase truck. 1 rider fixing flat somewhere else by himself. and five other riders running around the desert on there phones lost and looking for each other. this was right after we went through border checkpoint and got news of some kind of detainment. good thing they were not talking about us. but a group of motorcycle riders instead. bad boy bad boys what you gonna do.
  11. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    on our way into Patagonia we ordered 7 pizzas and lit the way with our hd headlights for our four riders. got into Patagonia 7:30 to be followed by Julio at 8 pm with his flashlight lighting the way and 5 other riders about 8:30. but everone got there. we had pizza beer and soda waiting. ate the remaining pizza for lunch the next day while four riders of the group went back to look for brad. brad called shortly after relaying he was in benson at the gas stop already. owner of hotel had to ask us to quiet down as we were rehashing the events of the day. morning breakfast at 7 at the hotel was great followed by kickstands up about 8. water ice and pizza bags packed tubes in truck. go go
  12. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    some of the goods being enjoyed.
  13. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    starting off from hotel. nice fresh air with views of old small town structures. day would conclude with one truck flat sidewall gash. and three flat moto tires. Julio being the last person to have to deal with a flat. you can see how happy he was after pulling a three inch horseshoe nail out of his tire. and I got to lift more rocks as u can see the one under bike. we cannot fail to mention that this day we came across to older ladies at different points on a dirt road with very similar white dogs waving their hands and telling us SLOW DOWN to the bikes. we were going 25. guess she was not use to 10 motos coming by her daily walk route. oh well. what to do. great run. a lot of flats. great memories. great guys. hope to do it again. THE GHOST. git r dun. and NO I will NOT slow. I will GO. .........haul ass. .............over and out!!!!!!!!
  14. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    Man, cyberdos, for such a small guy you sure picked up that 650 in a hurry!

And what jurisdiction would that be, Steve? Hmmmm......

We're you maybe near ft huachuca? Or the Goldwater range?
  15. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Big E, is this the moment you thought I shot you?

The Ghost was also good for lifting big rocks that us old guys looked at and said "That's a big rock, would make a good bike stand". Thanks!

Don, we admit to nothing further. (Plausible deniability I believe it's called...)
  16. ybracing

ybracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As you can see I had the first flat. I don’t understand why running slightly off trail in the middle of a cactus patch to avoid the deep sand should cause such a mess but it did.:dunno
    I checked the tire for thorns and found none so, I asked the safety engineer (Charlie) to double-check my work and got the seal of approval. :thumb
    After our lunch stop (15 minutes at the gas station) I had the tire go flat again.:doh
    I figured I better get serious about that front tire problem. I did not want to hold up the group with my stupidity so I told Mil that I was going back to the gas station to fix my tire and would contact him and Drew when finished to meet up. In my pursuit of excellence in tire repair I discovered a thorn through a lug and was almost not poking through to the tube. I figure that every time I hit that lug on a rock it was poking my tube. I dug out the offending thorn and booted the tire because I had to damage the carcass. I patched the tube and left a message for Mil and Drew that I would meat them in Tubac at the market about 5:00 PM. I got to the market at 5:15 PM and it took me a few minutes to listen to all the voicemails on my phone. Drew said that they might not make it there by 5:00 and I might want to continue on. I left him a message that I would wait for them (big mistake). I got a call from Mil about an hour later saying that the Ghost and him along with a few other riders were slabbing it to Patagonia (about 90 miles) because of tire issues and something about being detained by the border patrol. I'm thinking about who else Mil can piss off today :mulieor was it the Ghost? I wasn't very concerned anyways because I think they are all US citizens with the exception of the Ghost. You can't be to sure about the nationality of Ghosts you know.:huh
    I began thinking maybe I should have stayed with the group. Doesn’t sound like I would have slowed them down at all.:rofl
    Drew finally called me and told me he was standing alone in the middle of the desert wondering where everyone went. I reminded him, as the ride leader you want to try to avoid that scenario. He said that they would be there soon. My next call (about 7:30 PM) from Drew went like this:
    Drew: did you say you were at the market in Tubac?
    YB: uh, yeah.
    Drew: I think we passed it on the freeway.
    YB: ok.
    Drew: I think we are at ***** Canyon road exit.
    YB: ok.
    Drew: We will ride back to the market.
    YB: uh, no. I will be there shortly.
    I rode to the exit and we made a sprint for Patagonia arriving just in time for cold pizza and beer. It tasted good! We sat in the courtyard swapping lies :beer and annoying the other guest just enough to get the manager riled. Actually the manager was super cool and the facilities were good. A+ for Stage Stop Inn. C- for the other guest. Bedtime in Patagonia!

More boring tales from the saddle later. Tomorrow starts the racing in Parker. Yehaaa.
  17. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    We are not even sure about the Ghost's species.

:lol3

What a great weekend!

-dod
  18. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did anyone get a picture of our waitress at Breakfast Sunday morning ?

I know I am a dirty old man and all, but have to say she may have just made the whole ride worth it. :evil
  19. ducmons

ducmons Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW. Looked like an epic weekend. Great ride report and pics. :clap
  20. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry I was to busy lookin!!:wink: