Triangle Tag o' Rama - Let's Play!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JerseyBiker, Mar 24, 2010.

1. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    Just downloaded weather bug...looks good...they have all the sat radar images so we'll see if this one works any better:dunno
  2. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weather bug is one of my favorites.
  3. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    was in morehead city / beaufort all day. Not a single drop at the coast. :evil
  4. BlueM00se

BlueM00se 'Cuse LAX Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Grab

[​IMG]
  5. BlueM00se

BlueM00se 'Cuse LAX Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    New Tag

Our tax dollars at work

[​IMG]

Yup. I was lazy and now someone has to ride to Holly Springs!
  6. Dracula

Dracula Fat Griso & The Ape Supporter

Oddometer:
    Grab... love the topes..lol[​IMG]

Sent from phone
  7. Dracula

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] new TAG

Sent from phone
  8. Dracula

Oddometer:
    sorry about the inverted image. Phone had a mind of it's own. And I hope the new tag isn't outside the map, I really don't know how to get back there myself :D
  9. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nah, you're good.
  10. Drummer

Drummer BMW/Sonor

Oddometer:
    Hi all, soon as I get my bike back from the shop I think I'll join in. But even if I were to, I can't get to the new tag's location any time soon (it is kinda out of the triangle range). That is going to be a full day for me and my weekends right now are restricted to betweeners - between tasks that Mrs. Drummer wants done.
  11. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:

It bounces around a bunch. It'll be on your doorstep before you know it.

And, welcome!
  12. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh-oh:

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/article/bmw-issues-do-not-ride-notification-r-1200-rt

BMW issues 'do not ride' notification for R 1200 RT

Publish Date:
    Jun 9, 2014

WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. - BMW Motorrad USA said it is notifying owners of R 1200 RT, model year 2014, motorcycles not to ride their vehicles until further notice.
    The R 1200 RT is fitted with a Dynamic ESA option containing a potential defect in the rear spring strut, BMW said. "At the present time, it cannot be ruled out that the piston rod of the rear spring strut in connection with the Dynamic ESA option could potentially fail," the OEM noted.
    The "do not ride" notice is a precautionary measure "which BMW Motorrad is taking in the interests of customer safety based on a supplier report," the company said. "To date, there have been no injuries related to this issue."
    About 804 vehicles are affected in the United States, BMW noted.
    The OEM said it is preparing a technical campaign to replace the part. Customers seeking more information are are being advised to contact their dealership, or BMW Customer Relations and Services at CustomerService@bmwmotorcycles.com.
  13. Dracula

Oddometer:
    More electro gizmo's where not needed on OEM suspension which is a consumable anyway. I never mess with my suspension unless loading for a long trip. I like the Hyperpro's with progressive springs I have. Rebuilt them 3 times and every time are like new for only few hundred bucks.
  14. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep! Have also found various forum members, depending on the bike, that can rebuild stuff too - and send them the work (sasquatch is a good example).... depends on what needs doing... if it's fancy re-valving and recharging a nitrogen bladder, can't do that *yet.
  15. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    I really was liking this bike and thought that BMW finally got their shit together...apparently NOT...what a shame though it should come as no surprise...If i ever bought a BMW it would not be anything past the 2005 model year...:deal
  16. Dracula

Oddometer:
    I have ridden many miles on RT's, but when it came to buying, to me the GS was the one to get, lighter weight, same comfort and do it all, more fun to ride type of bike. There should be few in the market used and with 20 - 50 K miles are barely broken in. The pre 2005 had the servo assisted brakes which I personally dislike as too grabby/powerful and more difficult to bleed. The only issues I had were a front OEM shock blew off in first 6000 miles, headlight glass cracked suddenly, fuel gage strip failed, and few recalls such as front brake lines reinforcement, fuel pump controller, ring antenna (alarm immobilizer cut-off) and such, all under warranty. It never left me stranded though. I have a GS11 app on the phone and the dev ice plugs in the bike can diagnose if needed anything on the road, also god when doing service maintenance. Later at 65k miles rear wheel/drive main bearing needed replacement. Otherwise knock on wood, it works like a sewing machine :rofl It now has some chatter at cold idle, probably cam chain tensioners, goes away when it warms. The engine actually smoothed out allot I can barely feel it's running now, and has good power and tractor like torque. Get about 42 mpg constantly.
  17. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    What year is your GS? An avid Tagger in NJ has the exact samre bike and has over 100000 mikes on it and he constantly brags about how easy it is to maintain and how reliable it has been..I like them but have no idea how they feel or ride as i've never ridden one...:freaky
  18. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Mine is 2007. In reality it is a very simple design mechanically speaking. When I had Honda Interceptors never even dared check the valve clearance on the V4 engine, too much skill needed. Just relied on anecdotal evidence "they never need it". On the boxer BMW's the task is easy because of the location, and pre 2008 models have nut/screw type adjustments - easier to deal with than replacing shims. Not having too many plastic body work to remove also helps. I am still reusing original valve cover gaskets (although I have spares) and they don't leak oil. If we ever meet you can ride mine. Eagle Rider rents them by the day The only "issue" with the GS is it's a tall motorcycle, more so for the ADV version. But I have learned to handle with just one foot touching ground, never an issue for me. That in fact makes it comfortable, allot of leg room and long suspension travel to soak up the bumps. Gives it that "magic carpet" feel going over bumps and railroad tracks. When I get sore on long rides I just stand on the pegs for few minutes and keep going. One reason I am not getting a cruiser. As side note, I have been seriously looking at Guzzi's and they are definitely cool machines. I need to look some more :D
  19. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    Tag Bump...:deal
  20. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    The other day i was following a new Vstrom 650 ADV version and i thought it it looked dumb from the rear angle...why? because the 2 panniers are mismatched in size the right pan has to be smaller to accomdate the exhaust pipe so the left pan looks to be at least 1/3rd larger than the right pan.... and it sticks out too far as a result...Why couldnt they reroute the exhaust into the center in the tail assy...then they could have 2 evenly sized bags...as it is now it isnt symmetrical and looks dumb. I would rather have soft luggage than those ugly pans:puke1