The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mr moto, Feb 9, 2008.

1. cosmic

cosmic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never happens - yeah right. I've got new one too, including spokes.

©
  2. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:
  5. WestVirginia

WestVirginia Well spoke'n

Oddometer:
    Have been lucky to have not been caught in a rain storm, but it's probably just a matter of time.

Anyone use/recommend a product like Rain-X or just plain waxing the face shield on a full face helmet to help visibility in the rain? Anything to apply to the inside to help prevent fogging?
    :0-0
  6. ~TABASCO~

~TABASCO~ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you use Rain X on plastic.. ? I thought it was not a good idea ?
  7. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:

Cat Crap - HERE They make a spray on in small bottles, but the paste works better, imho.

Not joking. PinLock works better, but it's a inner shield system and is a step up in price. PinLock works in any conditions though.

Cat Crap works on glasses too.
  8. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    I know that Plexus is used on airplane windscreens which are plastic. It does not leave any streaks like Pledge so it helps minimize glare at night. The rain runs right off like a waxed surface. Somewhat pricy though.

Not sure if no-fog is available any longer?
  9. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I tried that, it made bigass beads of water that stayed on the shield, which blinded the rider by diffusing the light from the headlights of on-coming traffic. That is all :screwy:

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2
  10. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:
    ~

My favorite, and all I use these days...

[​IMG]

It's also made for aircraft windshields, and it leaves your windscreen or face shields sparkling clean and clear. It also makes rain roll right off in tiny little droplets along with having good anti-fog effect, too. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long, long way, and I find a large can lasts me for close to a year, and that's using it often. I carry one of the small cans in my side case for cleaning my face shield on the road, and the same small can has lasted me over a year. It's great for eyeglasses, as well.

I get from these folks: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/210cleaner.php?clickkey=11328

Just FYI...

Dallara

~
  11. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use RainKOTE on the outside. Bought 2 bottles in 1982 on a 2 for one deal. I still have 1 1/2 bottles left. :rofl

I don't think they are still in business.

Anyway that brand name is now an Elastomer paint so don't go there...:lol3

BUT for those with a Merkin accent it appears someone who can spell has made a similar thing that is basically applied in the same way and works the same way...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pWe_zXXVa7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

called Raincoat.

As far as the inside of the visor is concerned, I use Muc-off. It works mucken well. :thumb

I tried cat crap and thought it was crap.

Cheers
    Graham
  12. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
  13. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    I've used both Plexxus and Honda Spray Cleaner aka Bike Spirits on my bike and visors. I stopped using Plexxus cause it was getting pretty pricey in comparison to Bike Spirits. I find that this really helps with the water on the visor, and it also works pretty good in cleaning up errant bug guts.

[​IMG]
  14. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    How do people NOT ride in the rain?
    :huh
    I was thinking to merge threads about bike washing and rain riding, because they usually happen for me at the same time. The 3-4 times last week was pretty normal and my neighbor keeps asking if I only ride to work when it does rain.

Seriously, I've used a variety of the airplane and bike plastic polishes. They seem to work about the same, as long as they are a polish and not a silicone product that just spiffs up the shine.
  15. Icecold Dan

Icecold Dan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I posted this last night on yamahasupertenere.com but its easy to over look so I thought I'd post it here as well.

I learned today that there is no need to remove the seat and cut wires, or remove the tank and un-hook the fuel pump. The process Lobo described is basically correct. With the key off, press and hold both buttons at the same time.
    [​IMG]

While continuing to press both buttons, turn key on and keep holding the buttons for 8 seconds.

[​IMG]
    You will then see this:
    [​IMG]

Let go of the buttons, then press both again for 2 seconds.After 2 seconds you will then see:
    [​IMG]

From here you can scroll through the codes using either button. As Lobo said,to clear the codes,you then toggle the on/off switch. Then turn the key off and the codes will be clear. I hope this helps and makes it easier in the future.
  16. Jim Rowley

Jim Rowley Rise above

Oddometer:
    Very nice. Thank you. By On/Off, do you mean the engine kill switch?
  17. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    Yes, you can access the diagnostic mode, but my understanding is you need to ground the green wire from the tip over sensor to access the CO section to adjust the CO levels. I recently adjusted my CO to +4 and didn't do anything special except remove the rear seat and ground out the one wire.
  18. Icecold Dan

Icecold Dan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. From on to off to on again or vise versa
  19. William42

William42 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This has been my experience with these two products. They both work well.
  20. Space Traveler

Space Traveler explorer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to share my tough about the Klim Badlands Pro. I am so happy with my suit, I decided to do a quick review on video.

Hope you can understand few words :evil

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUVyNQQU9Uw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUVyNQQU9Uw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>