Ripped off by a Vendor (Konvoi.ro)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HolyCannoli, Sep 5, 2012.

1. SammyTheSlider

SammyTheSlider You have insufficient privileges to reply here

Oddometer:

2x I would find him and get my money back or teach him a valuable lesson about doing business in an honest fashion. :shoot
  2. cristi-mic

cristi-mic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
  4. Simplyred

Simplyred No longer active on ADVRider.

Oddometer:
    I guess we are again one month further since this crook made you his last promises.... what happened ?
    Did he deliver (guess not, otherwise you would probably have posted this here) ?
    So, what's next ?
  5. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Awesome offer to help! Really nice of you! :freaky

And is that your wife in you blog pictures?? You lucky devil you...... :evil :D

I would be looking at this option by now, contact the Police in his town, and start a legal complaint. You're obviously not getting your money back, and either way 250 days is fucking ludicrous. Keep us up to date with this and the name change - I don't ever want to accidentally do business with that asshat. :hair
  6. cip2006is

cip2006is Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello guys!
    I just found this thread about "konvoi" and caught my eye. I am a konvoi costumer since the summer of 2010. I got my sidecases with a bit of elay, one week if I remember preciselly, I payed for the racks (supports) but didn't get them. I contacted Istvan and he claimed that he sent the supports but didn't arrived cos they have been damaged on the way and returned to him damaged. I was making preparations for a trip from Cyprus to Romania, through Turkey and Bulgaria. So I was late getting my bike ready cos I had no supports for the panniers. My only solution was to manufacture myself the supports for the panniers and when I was in Romania I payed the guy a visit and got the supports that I payed for. I did another 700 km from my city to his city just to finish the deal. I was happy with the result and the quality of the product, Istvan is a good manufacturer, but he lacks bussines disciplne. I feel sorry for him cos he lost his wife that year. I thought he overcomed all his problems but I see he managed to make a bad reputation of himself. Stil got the konvoi lagguage sistem, very happy with it, felt down few times and still good.
    PS: I am romanian living n Cyprus (for now), probably I was lucky my trip was to Romania not to somewhere else and I managed to get what I payed for.
  7. Lorretto

Lorretto City Dweller Crushperado Supporter

Oddometer:
    This guy is a real piece of work - he now has 12 videos on Youtube all of which now have the comment feature disabled. Not hard to figure out why.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=konvoiromania11&oq=konvoiromania11&gs_l=youtube.12...2142.2142.0.4183.1.1.0.0.0.0.462.462.4-1.1.0...0.0...1ac.zGGn8PFpMEA

I hope that HolyCannoli got his cases. MPOU if you have not already flagged the video's there is a flag button along with reason scam/fraud. Konvoi must get enough business off Youtube that he is trying very hard to keep the controversy away from his posts.
  8. cristi-mic

Oddometer:
    I also flagged a few videos for scam/fraud. We should all do the same.
  9. Yossarianâ„¢

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Agreed.

People like this vendor really tick me off.

Konvoi, you are a liar and a thief. I hope you go to jail.
  10. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well,I looked at the mail receipt it said"geantă moto" wich is a singular for motorcycle bag,it does not mean that both bags were sent,hope this will get solved,I'm so ashamed for what people on my former country do for a hand full of coin.I believe this guy barely speaks Roumanian since he is hungarian after all.This sucks!Hope your shop will blow you in pieces you fucking piece of shit asshole!
  11. mpou

mpou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just an update, 250 days has now become 282 days. Emails are blocked. No response of any form from his Facebook site either. I am having difficulty finding an address, an email, or a phone number in the town where he lives where I could lodge an official complain. Any romanian out there who could help me with that?
    Thanks.
  12. HighFructose

HighFructose Banned

Oddometer:
    flagged them all just now.

click sequence....(the flag under the video)...spam...scams/fraud
  13. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    I hate to hear things like this, on a forum like this. But I think some folks mentioned they were not that far away and might be able to have a face to face conversation with him. I hope that they can convince him to do the right thing.
  14. cristi-mic

Oddometer:
  15. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same as above, but in English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ro&tl=en&u=http://www.politiaromana.ro/maramures.htm

..and here's a repost from the OTHER KONVOI thread:

Good luck to those of you still owed money/boxes!
  16. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too bad some of us don't have the time and money to drop by and visit. :deal
  17. nameless

nameless 100% recyclable

Oddometer:
    that is really one of the worst story's I've read in a while about online shopping.... Midway through the thread i was thinking that if it was me i would not be so patient as you. The reality is that it's tough to get something done, but since Romania joined the EU they have to deal with EU law as well, and it might just be a bit simpler for you to get a claim. If you have the time, this can be a place to look for some information https://e-justice.europa.eu/home.do?plang=en&action=home , and with the help of this community i'm sure that it might take some time, but at least he will think twice before doing something like that again.

The guy might have been through a rough time, but it boils down to his personality. I would not buy from such a vendor, even if he sold the best product in the world, and thanks to threads like this, all of us can learn from a very expensive experience of a fellow rider. Thanks for that.

Let us know how it ends up
  18. RiderMakis

RiderMakis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did HolyCanolli get the panniers?
  19. HolyCannoli

HolyCannoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone,
    I am so sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time. I have a lot going on in my life (new baby in a few weeks, remodel, job change) and at this point this situation is really an annoyance so to be honest, I have been avoiding thinking about it.

I did receive some panniers about a month ago. They came in shitty card board boxes with no mounting hardware, no racks and not in the custom size I paid for but hey, at least it's something. I emailed back asking for a refund of 342 Euros for the racks, mounting hardware and the fact that they didn't make them the size I asked and paid for. Here was the response:

I responded that I wanted a refund and received this the same day:
    So as of today it has been one month. Maybe the banks are few and far between in Romania? Anyway, I will be emailing them again tomorrow.

P.S. The bags are really pretty nice for the money, to bad I mutter cusses under my breath every time I look at them.
  20. RiderMakis

RiderMakis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congratulation for the baby HolyCanolli. Also i m glad you get some of your order I hope get the refund too.
    Istvan is out of Convoi. That's good news. He gave a lot of trouble to you and few other riders. They do a good work with the panniers. (I saw the Convoi panniers of a friend of mine last year in Athens) I was ready to order from him racks and panniers for my bike. I own a Honda Africa twin 750. Since i saw the problems, i m glad i didn't. So i bought from a new luggage company from Poland http://holan.pl/en/catalog/245/406/0/Nomada_PRO_cases and i m very happy did that. In 2 weeks time i had everything at home in Greece. The cases are very good quality and amazing strong (2mm aluminum sheet). And they are not too expensive. They come without locks. I bought for 25 euros if i remember well.

Anyway Happy new year to Everyone and Keep Riding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]