College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Oh please, one great season is hardly a measuring stick to make a determination of what's to come. They do have a great team, but losing some good talent especially off that OL. The Ag's do seem to have the right formula in building a strong defense, and for at least next year they have a super stud QB in Johnny Football, but those only come along every so often. Just ask Allbarn. As a Hog fan, I'm not all that concerned about them considering we have a 41-25-3 record against em when they had coaches like RC Slocum, Gene Stallings and oh yeah, Bear Bryant. :lol3

Until the Ag's can beat out the Lamewhorns and OU for the best players in TX, they will not dominate the SEC Weest, much less the SEC.
  2. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:

Yes. I don't see how that fits common usage....but then again, I'm sure that you know more about being a douche than I do. :deal
  3. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh! ye of little faith. One of the first truisms I ever learned was "time will tell, and shit will smell."

But when TA&M comes to dominate the SEC, you tell'em that you knew that a long time ago, Bubwheat told me. :wink:
  4. h2o_snow

h2o_snow Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer:
    Hey - we will take what we can get. A gimmick - sure but its worked pretty well. When we travel everyone asks about the blue - especially on the east coast. Agreed - blue on blue is hard TY watching but much different live - an aquired taste.

Can't argue about the 2000's. 112-17 or a .868 winning percentage - believe that topped the nation fella's.

Here is a pic of the wifey after a local road race - the turf color doesn't matter.

[​IMG]

We'll never be a "top" tier team but its been a pretty fun run. I like the chance to root for a bracket buster. :D
  5. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Presented without comment.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ABO0MR_pf88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    Well, I certainly know more about Bowl Pick'ems than you do. :d
  7. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Well, you do have that going for you....this year.
  8. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Tell you what, in 16 years if they've evened up our record, I'll agree with ya. :rofl
  9. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    Lad, back away from the kool-aid... :dutch
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    That was my thought exactly, glad you said it. :nod
  11. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    Was that field a corporate donation thing? I can't believe anyone would buy that, but accepting as a gift, maybe, I mean you wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings. :huh
  12. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

They're not ALL douchebags.
  13. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    KTM orange Kool-aid baby, KTM orange!!!!!!!!!! :bert
  14. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    If you ever catch me wearing a sun visor indoors, at night.....feel free to slap me silly.

:evil
  15. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    s

You just are not cool like JJ Rings.
  16. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Gators haves green doing that shit for years. I distinctly remember Saint Timmy dancing around like a fucking idiot after scoring a TD against the College of Charleston. Really Timmy? you just scored a TD against a bunch of guys the size of your equipment manager. Flip the ball to the ref and jog off the field, dumbass.

fuck, it's hard to type on this screen.
  17. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    ...that defensive players can act the fool after a good defensive play and not get penalized for excessive celebration, while a player scoring gets flagged for doing it? :dunno

I think that rule ought to extend to both sides of the line and it would go a long way towards stopping some of the excess.
  18. h2o_snow

h2o_snow Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer:
    Bub,

No worries, we have broad shoulders and can take it.

Believe the blue was a 1986 exposure move by then AD Gene Bleymeyer who was canned about a year ago. He was really responsible for the upward movement in the football program although they always have had a good team back to the JC days. Bleymeyer had too much influence and was a thorn in President Kustras side.

Think they are on their 4th rug. I know a good portion of the first one is the carpet in the Maravia raft manufacturing plant in Garden City along the Boise River.

BSU football is not the only game in town. Lots of activities & good riding here. They even stock the river w/hatchery steelhead in the fall - you can catch dinner, ride your bike to a tailgate upstream and BBQ a fat fillet at halftime. :clap

On another note - Oregon looked sluggesh (sp?) last night but lots of happy folk in the Treasure Valley this am.

Its winter - we need snow not more college football.
  19. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    You mean like that displayed here?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gC44nP7ClxM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know this was a huge play - a game changer in fact but clearly, there were one or two coaches who were concerned that you can see at about the 30-second point.

Oh yeah.....

[​IMG]

:lol3 :clap :wink:
  20. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    They only penalize celebration on scores because the penalty doesn't change the game. Kick the extra point from the 3, and kickoff farther back. Next play is first-and-10 somewhere, same as it would have been without the call.

Penalize a defensive play, and the game is changed. Next play is first-and-10 for the offense instead of a punt.

People don't want their games changed for things that aren't football.