Hampton Roads Chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by roger123, Dec 25, 2008.

1. DAAANG

DAAANG LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer:
    If I were you, Id trailer the bikes up to the mountains and ride when you get there. Everything local is terrible and the DRZ is not going to be fun on the way to the mountains.
  2. mjonavy

mjonavy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree with DAAANG on that one, there is not a whole lot of good riding around here on or off road. I would say the best roads are south of Oceana down into NC. I go down those a lot on my KLR by myself there a few good curves but all flat. Have to head out west about 3 or 4 hours to hit some real good roads. Let me know if you ever want to go explore some roads down that way I am always down for a good ride, unless its with DAAANG then I just realize i am in over my head lol good times though.
  3. Black_Rubi

Black_Rubi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey it was me and another guy not on ADV, we are going to try and go back another day to experience the real deal.
  4. MGB

MGB ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer:
    Middle Peninsula (up route 17) has some decent, curvy roads. Rt14 is a good, curvy run. Otherwise I'd focus on heading further west towards Charlottesville area.

5. DAAANG

Oddometer:
    That sucks:waysad

I thought you did a great job that day.
  6. MotoYaga

MotoYaga Bubble Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I am sorry if you find this post inappropriate here but I'm out of options.
    I am a traveling nurse and trying to pick up a contract in Newport News hospital.
    I had no luck finding a place to rent for 3 months.

What makes it difficult is that I travel with my dog, Amber, very friendly German Shepherd ( loves dogs, children and motorcycles). So private rent is my only option. It can be a room/apartment or house with parking space since I have a trailer with bikes.
    I travel with my dog and motorcycles- difficult to separate ;)
    Please, let me know if you have or you know someone that has a place for rent in that area ( for 3 months or more if contract extended).
    Please, send me a message and let me know if you can help.
    Magda

Ride safe :ricky
  7. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    DAMMIT DAAANG!

How many times do I have to tell you to stop breaking the noobs :deal
  8. meltphace

meltphace Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got the day off and the evening to myself, thinking about taking the KLR and finding some trouble to get into. Maybe go grab that tag from the tag-o-rama. Anyone interested in riding this afternoon/evening?
  9. screamin injin

screamin injin FUBAR

Oddometer:
    Virginia tag is in VB
  10. xyloworx

xyloworx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I'm sitting in the Batcave this afternoon ,pondering the
    future of the universe and fact that I have no brake pads when in thru the front door with an inch to spare,
    comes the devil himself on his Red Beast ,up the ramp on the
    bike lift, then a quick cut to right to miss the wheel chock,and out to back door
    while screaming some profanity with grin I could see thru his helmet.

My best advice is to just use the poseur excuse and say "I'd like to go riding
    but my Wife won't let me". Trust me on this ,it's all true.
  11. DAAANG

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! The plan was to ride thru the back door but that damn lift was in my way!!!!!!!
  12. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    I have a Scorpion EXO 900 convertible helmet my dad gave me I am offering for sale or trade around here first. It is a XXL. He tried it on a couple of time one with a pad in the top and it never fit right. The visor has never been put on. Nice helmet it it fit me I would keep it. So cash or something I may need of equal value. PM me. I will be around after late afternoon Saturday. After Sunday if I get around to it I'll put it up on the flea market. $150

[​IMG]

Oh the v shaped pad in the pictures is a camera case pad my dad tried as a spacer in the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. nuggets

Oddometer:
  14. HeadShrinker

HeadShrinker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. HeadShrinker

Oddometer:
    Oh, and BTW guys, we are moving come 15 SEP. I took orders out in AZ working with Indian Health Service. We will be living a few miles from Monument Valley. To say that it is isolated is an understatement. Its in the middle of nowhere but 3 hours to the San Juans, 2 hours to Grand Canyon, 2 to Flagstaff. Going to get myself a nice plated trail bike soon enough. It's going to be a fun adventure.

I've really enjoyed my time here in Hampton Roads and meeting many of you guys...but it's time to move on down the road!
  16. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    Might have to come check out your bit of paradise JJ :D You have a room on the coast with garage when you desire :deal We have some pretty good riding out here :norton
  17. moymurfs

moymurfs Truth has become unacceptable.

Oddometer:

Have a safe trip... Sounds like you will become the master of monthly Fly-n-Rides living out there!:wink:
  18. DirtViking

DirtViking SKOL!

Oddometer:

I looked at it and actually rode it before I bought my WR450. It has a Georgia title, as do all his vehicles. He's a young Marine type.

The bike was in ok shape. Don't want to turn you off on the bike, but here's why I didn't make him an offer. He told me how he rode it out in California... I think he said 200 mile trips and lots of 6' whoops. He's a pretty big guy at 215 plus, I would guess. After he told be about the whoops he rode I found a crack in the subframe. Not sure if that's related or not. Also, on the inside of his exhuast I found some rub marks from his tire... maybe related??? as those two surfaces should never meet. I asked him about it and he claimed innocence. I didn't want to deal with it so I didn't make him an offer. He was, at the time, fairly firm on his price, although I didn't push at all. He claims to have $1K in the title process alone. Not sure about that.

After a test ride (this was before I discovered the subframe issue), it didn't seem to have that off the line snap, but I don't know. Maybe jetting, maybe sitting for awhile. The suspension did feel really good. The front brake was great, and the back wasn't as good.

It seems like a good bike, but his price is about a $1K too high, IMHO.

His brake and clutch levers are both sawed off to a two finger length, btw.

That's about all I remember. If you want, give me a shout. four four 9 -ninety 3 eighty.

Jon
  19. HeadShrinker

Oddometer:
    Thanks! All I need to know. I'll stay away...
  20. nuggets

Oddometer:
    Sick trails. :huh

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xr5FGOKY3RM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>