Robby Gordon 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by larryboy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    Kind of hard to be a fan of such an arrogant prick. Thought he knew it all when he went over to Africa with VW, refused to listen to and argued with his navigator Dirk, told all the VW engineers that they were "doing it wrong". Broadcast that he was the "First American to win a stage" even thought American bike guys had been winning stages for years and years. Came back with his own team and show boated on stages that had little to no difference on the overall race. Fails to finish a stage and is dropped from the race and then does media stunts with the race car (both in Africa & S.A.).

Sorry, I would much rather be a fan of and support guys like Miller, Street, or Cody.
  2. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then don't support him!!!
  3. DruncleWill

DruncleWill CRASH TESTED

Oddometer:
    Never mind...:norton
  4. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Oh, I support him, it's just kinda hard that's all, jajajajajaja :D :D:D:D I've known Rubby for years, I've chased, pitted and flown air support for him. Hell, I'm on his dad's team! EVERYONE who knows him will shake their heads at his antics and self-inflicted troubles.
  5. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    Who says last years car can't race this year? Not like he's running an OEM platform and last year's car was plenty fast enough in many of the stages which means pretty easy to show up in the grand scheme of things and address last years short comings.
  6. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats Good !!!
    :ricky
  7. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    I don't care what anyone says, I cheering 1000% for this guy, he's a insane driver, showman, ball buster, doesn't mix words
    and has plenty of street cred,
    go robbie go

btw everyone hates a winner :freaky
  8. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see him build a truck and enter in the dirt race, at Eldora, for the Camping World Truck Series. :evil
  9. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not true and a very strange thing to say.
  10. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been a RG fan since his open wheel days. He is the personification of the California hot rod culture. A pure racer. I loved it when he walked out unto the front straight at Loudon and threw his helmet at the car of guy who wrecked him. I think it was Michael Waltrip. :clap

Old school.
  11. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    mostly sarcastic but sadly true sometimes, I'm not one of these people, I was referring to a previous post
  12. getagripgreg

getagripgreg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't have any trouble supporting him, despite his flaws. I remember watching Surfers Paradise in '93 and being blown away by the way this new kid was harassing world champ Nigel Mansell. It was incredible and it seems like he has never lost that thing he had on that day.

Watching the last video posted with all the various scenes shot by race fans... just incredible the joy people are getting from watching him, 20 years after that race in AUS! Sure, he's not perfect and none of us are. We can cringe now and then, and hope it continues to turn out OK. I love watching him drive and I wish him the best.
  13. Cord

Cord Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been a fan of his since I saw him drive stadium trucks. I was lucky enough to meet him when he ran a Cougar in IMSA GTO for Jack Roush, winning the 1990 Daytona 24hrs and Sebring 12hrs right out of the box!?! I think these were the first two races he ever ran on pavement? He is a pretty funny guy. He came to our pit at Sebring because his crew wanted to play a practical joke on him by flat spotting his rental cars tires, but they grabbed our driver, Dominic Dobson's car by mistake!? Dom was wondering why the car bounced all the way from the hotel that morning. Robby likes practical joking. I look forward to Dakar and would love to see him at Eldora! :clap
  15. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    So this pre-check covers the same air inflation system that was pre-checked for last year and over which he was subsequently disqualified for?:eek1
  16. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is exactly what I was thinking. I hope he has good documentation.
  17. DruncleWill

DruncleWill CRASH TESTED

Oddometer:
    Well, upon re-reading the press release it seems this "pre inspection" was performed by A.S.O. officials. So if once again the air inflation system is determined to not be in compliance with the rules as interpreted by F.I.M. tribunal barristers during "post inspection" there could be trouble :huh
    This F5'ing chit is really getting way out in the deep camel grass now:rofl
  18. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  19. bkniegge

bkniegge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Charlotte, NC / Borrego Springs, CA, 2 Wheel Nirv
    That would be really cool.... it would blow peoples minds I am quite sure.
  20. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod I agree completely. His personality rubs me the wrong way sometimes, but his driving, and the way the spectators react to him, won me over. And the ruling last year was BS, IMHO. I hope he kicks ass this year.