Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    :thumb Looks like it's time to spend some money :deal I will likely have to relocate the trip computer button pad to be able to reach the hi/lo/off switch reasonably, but I rarely use the thing anyway :dunno
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its easy to set the lights up to use the factory High/low switch on the KTM.
    I like using my lights independent of the headlight so I'm running the multi function switch.
  3. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    Do you have a picture of what the PENTRATOR 610 will throw for light,,,i have an XR650L and lighting sucks:lol3

I`d like to mount it below the headlight with some kinda bracket:wink:

B
  4. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd show some pics of the 630 but it is in Colorado at the moment. I will say this, they fill in the dark hole. Combined with the 10 degree Long Range lights it is the ultimate for high speed gravel road riding at night. The 630 will also be my primary light for the upcoming 24 hours of Starvation Ridge. I did a video, but the Contour Roam didn't capture just how good they are so I wont be sharing it. If you want high output, low draw, the best quality light and great customer service order up. You will not regret it.
    I also have an idea for mounting for the XR, I'll share once I verify it will work.

Chet
  5. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    Order placed. Hopefully they get here quick so I can fully test the setup before heading to Colorado in a month. Argh only a month to get so much done :lol3

Issues with the process: your paypal link didn't work.
    The email confirmation was full of wonky stuff like this and about a zillion words long :evil :

Thank you for shopping at Cyclops Motorsports.
    \r\n
    Your order should be processed and ready for ship-out. Below is your order confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.
    \r\n\r\n

Neither thing a big deal, just letting you know in case something is up with the site.
    I'll be waiting by the front door! :deal
    </pre>
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the Order and feedback:clap
    We are in website hell. Hopefully the upcoming change in site management will take care of that.
  7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer:
    As has been noted by fellow inmates, Darryl's customer service and technical knowledge are TOP NOTCH! Glad to see people ordering the good stuff and getting what they need.

Me likey the setup I bought from Cyclops a couple seasons back with my Rally Light. It's the shizzle.

:clap

Rally on, Darryl.... contact me when you get in my AO this season, coolio?

All the best,

Stovey
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the Delay.
    The Standard Harness uses a toggle switch and Deutch connectors. Dimming can be added at a later date. A handle bar mounted switch can be added for an additional 14.95

[​IMG]
  9. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

I appreciate the call letting me know it would be a day before shipping.
    Now all I have to do is remove a couple fuel tanks, crash bars, skid plate and fairings :evil
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Stovey, I cant wait to make it out your way. BTW. Love my buzz Bomb GPS Cradle!
  11. Adrian V

Adrian V Long timer

Oddometer:
    I realise that this has been raised before, but given that LED lights are increasingly being used as a replacement for OEM lights, an elliptical version (lens or cover) would be great for a low beam. I notice that the Solstice lights have this option, any chance it could be made available for the Optimus? Paired with a 10 or 20 degree spot, I reckon this would be a great option for a dual headlight cowl.

Cheers,

Adrian
  12. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I don't see that happening with the Opt. Long Range. There is a new 25 watt single emitter light that is about to come out that does offer diffusers of different beam patterns and colors. We will stock clear and Amber.
    The lights are a bit bigger than the Opt. long range, but extremely potent.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking

Here is the 610 the flags are at 100 ft intervals. Tree line approx 350 ft

[​IMG]
  14. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    Cheers mate. I think I'm confused. The top and bottom right are plugs for the Led's with a ground to the frame in series....... hang on......

Nah, I'm confused.

Could I request a simpler harness with a DTM Deutsh connector and some wire lengths? Happy to send a diagram. DTM go to 7.5A.
  15. Adrian V

Adrian V Long timer

Oddometer:
    Someone other than Cyclops responded to my first post asking if we'd seen the Light Canon and I replied I had but it was too big and that I was hoping something similar would come out with the Optimus rounds.

Where did these posts go? I certainly didn't delete mine?

Just to clarify, there was nothing contentious, rude or aggressive in these posts, were they deleted because they mentioned another light manufacturers product?

Cheers,

Adrian
  16. Adrian V

Adrian V Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to find 2 lights that will fit in a particular headlight cowling. Do you know how much bigger/heavier/deeper these 25w lights might be? Are we talking about the Light Canon?

Cheers,

Adrian
  17. D K

D K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since I cant seem to find anything to fit in the stock light housing, im thinking of adding 2 aux lights. What would you recommend?

David
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The SE is tough unless you want to replace the stock light entirely or go with Auxiliary lights.

If you have the room, I would recommend the long Range, If not The NXG Prime LEDs work very well. They are very light,compact and offer the same lifetime warranty as most all of Cyclops products.
    http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=136
  19. obnoxious2

obnoxious2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dang, had known another powerful LED light was coming out I would have waited for that. Those specs look ridiculous.
  20. D K

D K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whats the lumens and the range of the NXG vs LR?

D