Ultra Light Batteries

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by herrhelmet, Oct 17, 2010.

1. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    "Direct OEM replacement"? They will still be the smaller size, but the specs will be comparable to the OEM?
  2. herrhelmet

herrhelmet Land n sea adv

Oddometer:
    Sorry.... you are correct. The will be smaller in most cases, always dramatically lighter, but will have comparable or better power specs. Bikes that have terminals that are on the fronts (not top) of the battery will have terminal adapters in the box.

All the batteries will come with lots of foam to make the installations easy.

More to come in the next few days.
  3. mpanther

mpanther KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer:
    So, I have now put 12k miles on my GL650swi with a 4.6ah battery in it.
    Not one problem and cranks faster than any other battery I have ever used before.

I have a 5v 1amp usb adapter I use to charge my cell phone and only had trouble starting the bike if it has been sitting with it plugged in for over 2 weeks. (might have been three, can't remember. lol)

with the warranty, weight savings, better starting, and cost. I will likely never buy any other kind of battery for one of my bikes again. If i do, it will only be for time constraints. :wink:
  4. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    Syclbatt is now motolithium featuring the next generation Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.

We are very excited. These batteries are comparably and in some cases better priced than the competition such as Sh••rai and our former brand B*ll*stic. These are sized to match the OEM lead acid cases but are as light or lighter than the competition.

See signature for 10% off coupon code

Plus they all come with built-in BMS battery balance and protection circuitry. They will fit all motorized powersport vehicles:

Dirtbikes, streetbikes, snowmobiles, personal watercraft, Harleys, etc.

There will be a battery finder on our site in the next week, but feel free to pm me for any questions.

We will also try to produce comparison charts for the most prevalent vehicle applications. First one here:
    [​IMG]

We will still carry the first generation shrinkwrapped battery models as supplies last.
  5. mpanther

Oddometer:
    Is the standing voltage still about 13.2 volts?
  6. clapped_r6

clapped_r6 The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer:
    what qualifies as parasitic drain?

i ask because i'm working up a 450exc as my "do it all", and for camping trips i like to leave the GPS on all day. i turn it off at camp overnight, but like to keep it on all day because it organizes the days better for me.

how would it handle that sort of thing?
  7. mpanther

Oddometer:
    parasitic drain is Any power draw on the battery when the key is Off.

I have left my gps on for two days and had no problems. (whoops)
  8. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    I checked all the ones that just came in and they were averaging 13.5 but I'm guessing they are going to be equivalent.
  9. herrhelmet

Oddometer:

The Earth X batteries all have Ah capacities closely matching OEM so there will be no problem. One of the weaknesses of the first gen Lithium Phosphate batteries was the trade off between light weight and Amp hour capacity which they have solved. These use a lighter case than Ballistic or Shorai and have no BMS port to allow water inside.

One piece of advice is to make sure you have the DC only higher-power Trailtech or Baja Designs Stator and regulator set.
    My MXC has the stock combo AC/DC and does not put out enough charging amps to keep my Sycl 8 Cell battery healthy.

I give a 5 amp fast charge from time to time.
  10. gbacque

gbacque Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can you deep cycle these batteries? How do they handle a long slow drain to empty before being recharged?

Application: Run three or four HID lights on a boat for bow fishing off just battery power. One or two of the big guys.
  11. herrhelmet

Oddometer:

Lots of variables to consider, but say you were running (4) x 35 Watt HIDs at 35 Watts each for a total of 140 Watts.

You would end up with almost a 12 amp battery drain, so with a 24 amp hour battery you would be looking at only 2 hours of light. Really no advantage except for small size. Marine Deep Cycle Lithium batteries exist but are super expensive.

If you went with an LED light bar you could get by with much lower drain....
  12. redbastard

redbastard Long timer

Oddometer:
    time to take a little weight off my Wr250f. Just ordered one of your 4 cell battries. Can't wait to get it.

Jonathan
  13. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    Just bought a 4 cell Ballistic. Is it possible to get it to me by Saturday? I'm at 37027.
    Will buy another soon for my other bike.

Thanks!!!!
  14. herrhelmet

Oddometer:

To be honest, the 4 cell just went on backorder after the Redbastard got the last one. The next shipment will arrive by the end of the week, but I won't be able to get it to you Saturday. We have Earth X models to fit pretty much every bike, but they are slightly more expensive.

Jim
  15. DiabloADV

DiabloADV Semi-Occasional

Oddometer:
    Got this today...it's rare that a lightweight product actually weighs less than they claim...

[​IMG]

Should be perfect for relocating the battery of my airhead dirtbike up under the seat.
  16. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    Any word on my battery? Has it shipped?

17. herrhelmet

Oddometer:

The AM04s are here and yours is going out!

Thank you.
  18. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    Free Shipping until the end of 2012!* Use coupon code SHP2012

[​IMG]

*Priority Mail USA only.
  19. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    By popular demand, here are the spec sheets for the most popular adventure / street models. More to come soon, but they will show up as separate threads so no to cross post.

EarthX is a great product and they have taken care not to advertise on false promises or exaggerated cranking power like the other manufacturers. They are ultra-light and designed to exceed OEM capacity in all conditions. They use a combination of Cylindrical and Prismatic cells to get this added reserve power, and also FINALLY.... have a built-in BMS circuit so no cell balancing or out-of-balance battery failure. Also, a FULL 2 year warranty. Not tiered like the others.

Always check the Vendor Discount Sticky thread. You'll find us there.

PM me for any questions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo

Oddometer:
    My X-Challenge takes a Yuasa YTZ10S and it is pretty snug. Would you happen to know the largest EarthX battery that will fit (ETX18C maybe?). Or would I need to stick with one of the "B" size? Thanks.