D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    He recently did the 10k service on my 690 so I have time.
  2. Lost on Row 1

Lost on Row 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the mean time if something comes up, Eric at KTM World is a great Tech. Very meticulous and honest. That comes from having worked with him, personal experience.
  3. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK, thanks.
  4. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:

You are going to love it......

[​IMG]

.........for this.......and.........

[​IMG]

....for this.....
  5. mikem9

mikem9 Wanderer

Oddometer:
  6. NitroAcres

NitroAcres MotoBiggots Suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think he is over at GMD Computrac in Fairmount...I saw some "Service" pix on his FB..wherever he is, Foot is doing Great Work.
  7. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    finally got around to editing some of the video I shot when I went with BlueLightning on his south georga dual sport trip. not the best camera angles, but some of it came out well and gives you some ideas of what to expect on the loop he laid out. I am pretty sure at least one of the bridges is now out, but it was a great ride, wish we had gotten more of the rain the days before the ride, it was pretty dusty...

change the settings to 1080p and enjoy. I didn't add any music so you'll be able to view on mobile devices:

http://youtu.be/pXJoP0Kl4KY
  8. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Looking forward to watching this. I was going to bug you about where your videos were! :lol3
  9. Gallowbraid

Gallowbraid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coming down Alec Mountain Road this afternoon I looked ahead and thought to myself, "Great, there's a dog in the road."

I proceeded down the hill toward the dog and thought to myself, "Man, that's a big dog."

I got closer still to the dog and said out loud, "Shit, that's not a dog, it's a damn bear."

Scary part was the bear wasn't moving despite having a KLR rushing at it.

Luckily the high pitched squeal of KLR brake pads that need to be changed are natural bear repellent and he ran off into the corn field when I got about 40 feet from him.

Next time I probably won't be so lucky...I put new brake pads on when I got home. :lol3
  10. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I got charged by a momma bear a couple of years ago leaving the cabin early one morning for a ride.

Luckily throwing my hands up in the air and screaming like a little girl turned the bear around and she run off.
  11. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    Awesome video Jeff and thanks for putting that together! :clap
  12. Spacelord

Spacelord Mutha Mutha

Oddometer:

Is that the TETs loop ? great video by the way.
  13. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    BlueLightning can answer that better than I can. I know it has part of it in there, but he would know better about the sections...

but thanks on the video. I was experimenting with some different camera angles. some worked, some didn't. will be better next time hopefully!

now to go thru a few hours of LBL200 video then a few hours of Copper Penny DS ride video. :(
  14. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    Actually, none of that is part of the TETs loop. IIRC, it goes up the east side of AL?

This route consists of a little of TreeMan's Sneads to Pine Mountain route and and maybe some of the Atl-FL dualsport ride by CraftyCoder. Also the Dixie Dual sport guys had a lot of this laid out too on their Cuthbert ride. U just put a loop together of the best roads that we could do from Senoia down to Cuthbert and back.

I have a GDB/GPX file I can share, but doesn't look like I can attach it here.

One of the things I'm not sure of though is I saw a picture a month back that that skinny wooden bridge had collapsed and a lot of the good stuff was just past that? Supposedly the deer hunters built that, so maybe they'll fix it?
  15. jjohn82

jjohn82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was a great looking ride. I forgot how many dirt roads there are to ride south of I-20. I did take a trip to Ft. Walton and took some side roads down through Andalusia AL; wow the Conecuh Nat. Forest looks cool.

I wish there was a mapping service that was only dirt roads. There's not is there?
  16. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    I'm not aware of any mapping service that would actually route you on dirt roads on purpose. One of the reasons is very few are actually up to date on what actually is paved vs dirt. One of the best way to find dirt roads is county type maps, but it takes a lot of time studying them and then putting a route together. Then of course, you don't know if the roads still exist, are accessible, or how tough or easy they are until you ride them.
  17. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    which is why we have Dan around to plan these things... :D:clap:lol3
  18. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux The Chameleon Supporter

Oddometer:
    route planning...

this is still a lot of work that relies on you to carefully look and select the routes, but google earth platform makes it easier than most other tools and it also outputs a roadbook that you can share...

http://www.rallynavigator.com/
  19. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    Headed to Barber in the morning for a day trip. Anyone interested in joining us we're leaving Sandy Springs around 830am.
  20. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been down here all day Abuck, maybe we'll see ya on Saturday. [​IMG]

Sent from the wunk hole next to Pa's waterpump.