moto-mule a cargo trailer to pull behind your dual sport motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MrBracket, Nov 16, 2011.

1. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  2. bigalsmith101

bigalsmith101 Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. MrBracket

MrBracket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've gathered you want me to ship it to your new bike.... no big secret, read your ride report :D

What I do want to know is what of your gear you kept off of your old bike. Did you keep your Pelican cases? If so, I'm working on a mounting system for hard cases like that for mounting to the trailer instead of the ActionPacker.... Just a thought. Also, how do you plan to carry the extra set of wheels on your new bike?? I guess, just let me know what you need to carry with the trailer and we can come up with a good plan..

Mike
  4. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Guys at our Charlotte ADV meetup loved the trailer man! They all thought it was great!
  5. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Cool!!! Yes, it's looking like I will be a very busy guy this spring!! I hope I can build up some inventory over the next couple months so when spring rolls around I can do some riding myself and not be stuck in the shop!!! :evil
  6. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with that.You have started a trend. :rofl
  7. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Alright, here's what the DR650 license plate relocation kit will look like!!! I got the first wiring harness today, I still need to find out what they are going to charge me to make it... so, I don't know what I have to charge for the kit yet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see in the picture, it has a 3 prong plug built in, to plug into a trailer lighting harness. The harness can be run under the fender to the stock tail light plug in point or run through the pictured cap off plate where the stock tail light would go. You'll see at the end of the harness, there are extra bullet connectors. These are in case you want to keep your "stock" tail light (DR 250 mostly) in place and operational as well as the new LED tail light, BOTH can be plugged in at the same time.
  8. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Send it on brotha!
  9. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:

I need more pics and dimensions.Pics of the back would be fine and from the top.I can show you the dimensions I need on those pics.I think I can use that light on one of my bikes.PM me a price if you don't wanna post it on the forum.If it will work,I will be interested in one.
  10. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    We test fit the license plate relocation bracket on another DR yesterday, all looks good! I just need to get pricing on the wiring harness, then I can offer the kit for sale.

[​IMG]

As you can see, you can run both the DR250 light and the new LED if you want. It gives you a little more visibility.

We also made good progress on the trailer wiring harness! Things are progressing quite well :clap

ben2go, what dimensions do you need? Send me a PM and we'll see if it will work for you.
  11. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    OK.
    You win.

The new Rekluse EXP is not ready to ship yet for my 990,
    ........so this trailer is.....IN !!!

PayPal sent from your Website :clap
  12. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Now that I bought the trailer, I had to go back into this thread to see which size Action Packer to buy.
    Maybeyaoughtta put that on your website.
    Well,....... as soon as you get done shipping MY trailer....:rofl

24 gallon Action Packer - $38.99 at www.doitbest.com , shipped to my local "Do It Best" hardware store affiliate for no extra charge !!
  13. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    $29 at Lowes Home Improvement Stores.
  14. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your purchase Apple Jam! I will get that shipped out first thing next week. :clap
    I do want pictures of you and John out with your trailers, wait a minute, I wanna join you guys on a ride instead!!! :D
  15. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:

All the cool kids are doin it...

Who started this trend anyway? :augie
  16. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Ain't no Lowe's in my small town.
    Shipping fees from the big shitty woulda busted that deal.
    Well, now that you mention it, it IS YOUR fault.
    You DID start it:deal
  17. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    LET'S RIDE !!! :clap:clap
  18. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Finally got the cost worked out!!! $99 for the complete kit. Includes bracket, light, wiring harness with trailer connection, and block off plate for removing old tail light.

I don't have it on the website yet, just PM me and we'll get the details worked out. John, if you have any time to come down in the near future, I'll install it for you just to get some pictures and such!! :evil
  19. MTBR12

MTBR12 n00b

Oddometer:
    Is this something everyone (Mr Bracket) would consider using for long distance dual sport rides? Like form Ca. to Alaska? I would much rather use one of these than big bulky racks and panniers.
  20. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    I would. If I ever ending up riding from NC to Nicaragua it's what i'd take, no doubt.