LA to Barstow to Vegas (Nov. 28-29,2008)

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by M1Jeep, Aug 18, 2008.

1. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been an AMA member for two years now, and your right, you must be a member to sign up. You can join on the LA-B-V entry form to expedite membership and lock in your spot for the ride. I actually haven't signed up yet...will do it next month. I need to get the room reservations going asap.

-Rich

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    "In" (again)
  3. bluepoof

bluepoof insert pithy saying here

Oddometer:
    My hubby and I are in! :deal I'll be on my XT225 and he has a DRZ400S. We'll be taking the n00b routes. :D
  4. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here. First time = nOOb routes for me. I want to get to Vegas within a decent hour and not picked up by the sweep team because I'm lagging!

5. mudpig

mudpig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've signed up for the Saturday ride only. Think I'll do the noob because I'm an old fart. I'll be riding a DR 650, my buddy will be on a XR400...:freaky
  6. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rich. I am still on the fence on this one. But I am still ordering parts. Just incase I can make it. Maybe I can do chase truck duties if I can,t make the ride? If you guys want to pay for the gas? I won't know for sure if I can make the ride until 1st of Nov. Ben
  7. LKN4DRT

LKN4DRT Relocated

Oddometer:
  8. caktmrider

caktmrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm thinkin' of doin' the ride too. Gotta '08 KTM 450 EXC-R and a 950 Adventure. Would love to put the dirt tires and take the 9-fiddy. Any thoughts on that out there?
  9. LKN4DRT

LKN4DRT Relocated

Oddometer:
    It can be done but I will take the 525. The regular or hard way route is alot of dirt miles. The adv route will have alot of slab.
  10. ktmdog

ktmdog ktmdog

Oddometer:
    hi guys I have done this ride several times along time ago but would like to celebrate the 25th myself
    I would prefer to do it on the 950 and ride there and ride home (thats the way I did it the first time) I also have a DRZ400 and 525MXc both street legal
    I am a decent rider anyone need a partner?
    Thanks
    Steve
  11. nuck57

nuck57 Slowmoe

Oddometer:
    I raced the real deal in 1984 on a Suk RM500, (why to much fun). I would do this but I don't have the right scooter for it. The WR Yam isn't street legal (damn it). :ricky
  12. Mattb2bz

Mattb2bz Metal Man

Oddometer:
  13. Maniac28

Maniac28 Journalist

Oddometer:
    I'm going to try it again this year, I think. Crashed last year day 1 on my KLR, trying too hard to keep ahead of the dirtbikes.

New Moab shock comes next week... should help. Big bore kit and stage II head may or may not be installed in time...

see all 'ya crazies there!
  14. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    dude!!!! glad to hear your going as well!!!
    we should team up for the ride!
    i'm jealous on all your upgrades. those are all on my short list of to dos!!!!:deal
  15. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    How many of you folks are RIDING to the start line, riding the event, and RIDING home? :eek1 I am. :D

I've done this ride before and I don't feel like hassling with the logistics of trailering to the start and/or home from Lost Wages (especially now that I have the 620 "Adventure")......so, the next question becomes, what to do AFTER Vegas?

I'm thinking very seriously about incorporating Mojave Rd. into my return trip plans......My loose thoughts......Vegas down to Laughlin on Sunday (leave late Sunday morning/short ride to Laughlin)......relax in Laughlin on Sunday/prep for Monday......cut across Mojave Rd. to Barstow on Monday and stay the night in Barstow.....ride back to San Diego from Barstow on Tuesday......depending on weather and desire, I'll probably either head home skirting south eastern fringe of Big Bear City down to Banning and then up to Idyllwild/Anza/Warner Springs or stay further east through Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree/Ocotillo Wells/Borrego Springs.....

Slick video from last year's LA-B-V if you missed it in previous posts: http://www.tvmoto.com/video/LA_Barstow_Vegas/
  16. AZcacti

AZcacti Dope on a Rope

Oddometer:
    Anyone going to LA-B-LV from Phoenix? Can't wait!!:D
  17. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    Only an idiot would take a KLR on that ride.

Thanks
    CA Stu

PS :wave Ian
  18. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm bustin' my butt (and my wallet) to get my new-to-me XR650R ready in time. I've done it a few times in the past on my XR400, so it should be a treat to do it on the Pig this year.

...hopefully I won't have to ride any Advrider's 950s through the sand wash this year! ;) :D

See you guys out there!:ricky
  19. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    I am. I attempted to do this event the last three years and "something" always came up.

Not this year.

I gotta start training...

Jim
  20. ktmdog

ktmdog ktmdog

Oddometer:
    hey guys
    I have done this event a few times and plan on going this year with my 950
    I have always ridden there and ridden home (I live in LA)
    I know the organizers of this event and they are also putting on an adventure route. My friend is charting that one. He says it is mostly dirt but predominantly fire road. I am a decent rider but since I am riding it home I want to make sure it stays in one piece. Looking for partners anyone interested.
    thanks