Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toldlady

Toldlady Pyn's Mum

Oddometer:
    Apparently there are people out there asking the question "what does pyndad do while Pyn is out racing",
    Answer being, Its non stop!!!! Once they leave in the morning they pack up the bivouac and drive to the next place, this could be 6 to 8 hours, then they set up the bivouac again, then work on the bikes when they arrive at end of day. Average nights sleep for them is 4.5hours!!!! Think a holiday may be on the cards when he gets back!!!!! :hmmmmm:hmmmmm:
  2. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Sounds like he deserves it!
  3. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nod

And even less sleep when Pyn wads it up like yesterday- that's hours of painstaking work to get the nav tower sorted, wiring dressed just so, etc.

Old Stuff = :bow
  4. FinnDuro

FinnDuro Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer:
  5. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    Not just the red bull has wings :pynd

From Pyndons FB page

[​IMG]
  6. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    :clap

I think we need a hoverbike smiley. :deal

:pynd
  7. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap

Front page shot right there!

:thumb
  8. August West

August West Wharf Rat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any updates on how Pyn 's fairing after his rough day yesterday?

Found him looks like 70th in today's stage?
    http://dakar.visser.it/bikes-positions/

46th!! overall if I am reading the Dakar site standings correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Readers in the UK may well be aware of MotorCycleNews - a weekly bike newspaper over here. They have sent a reporter to follow the Dakar and he has been posting a regular online blog.

As you might expect Pyn's results from last weekend feature prominently in this weeks reporting - including a mention on the front page and amongst the bike sport headlines on the back page. An interview with Pyn, some photos, and an article on the Front Row GB team (including a photo of PynDad) are there as well as a couple of pages of general Dakar coverage :clap:clap:clap:clap

[​IMG]
  10. Dusty_Bottoms

Dusty_Bottoms Part Time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Dakar Hero"

BAM!
  11. AZ-Twin

AZ-Twin Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer:
    A couple days ago I posted this:

And bam, now we got this.

[​IMG]

Goal!!
  12. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Rough day at work for me, but thanks to Flood for keeping the RallyRAIDio Twitter feed going and to Mischa for the mobile tracker so I could keep up on the front end to some degree.

Popping in to post Pyn's call from today. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------
    Lyndon calls in after the Fiambala stage, which turned out to be of a much different character than those run on previous editions. True to form, however, the stages that appear shortest on the route description prove to be long on challenge. Looking ahead, the rally crosses the high passes back into Chile tomorrow, with three long days to go before the riders can allow themselves to relax. Keep it steady, Lyndon.

<iframe style="border: none" src="http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/2186604/height/360/width/360/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/" height="360" width="360" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/13D15.mp3

Many thanks to the inmates who have chipped in on the phone bill!!! THANK YOU! :freaky
  13. ICERIDER

ICERIDER Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Bring it home Pyn. You've proved yourself already. Stupid o'clock start tomorrow to head over the Andes so stay warm and allert. Many ways to loose it through no fault of your own, so good luck is needed, thinking of poor James Embro at this point last year when he collected a rock in his eye from a support car.

Ride smart. See you on Sunday.
  14. joneswgareth

joneswgareth Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer:
    Sounds as though it is starting to bite a bit Lyndon - keep going chap, keep it steady and keep up your concentration like you always have :deal

Hopefully you take spirit from completing the most dreaded stage well and in good time and keep pushing on for just a few more days :clap

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that final day call in - I reckon there won't be too many dry eyes behind their computers. Your doing us all proud matey

:freaky
  15. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the Fiambala Stage call-in Lyndon! :clap

Well done on a tough ride!! :ricky

GO PYN GO!!!
  16. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Just added to the Phone bill fund Nate... :deal Thanx very much for bringing the calls to us out there, over here, in between and everywhere... nicely done!

Hey Pyn.... GREAT job so far brother, keep focused, get some condensed sleep, and dig deep for the next few days. Your just where you dreamed you'd be... so LIVE IT FULLY in the MOMENT!!!
    I'm gonna send you some more $$$ as we discussed last month... got a leeetle more to spare and want to send you all the gooood vibes I can.

Thanx for the 150% effort...

Peace,
    JJ
  17. Bgunn

Bgunn Listo

Oddometer:
    Lots of sand and deep river crossings = early night

Give it hell tomorrow..:freaky

Been great so far, and plenty to go.
  18. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    COME ON!!!!!!!!!

You can do it Pyn 3 days to go. Time to dig deep, grit those pearly whites and get through it. I guessed it would've been a tough stage yesterday in Fiambalà last year over 30 bikes never made it through. So that twinned with them kick in confidence and the aching body was bound to take its toll.

We're all routing for you as always in the Pickup household, back in a freezing cold Yorkshire. My daughter even text me yesterday from work to ask how you were doing :clap :clap

Bring her home.

Cheers Nate again :thumb
  19. drgunther

drgunther Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys!

My SO and I bought support packages and were thinking of making use of the discount @ MX1WEST. Does anyone know where I'd be smartest to direct my request for the actual voucher code and for how long it's valid? I remember having read somewhere that the discounts would be valid until the end of february 2013?

Maybe Annamarie might have a clue? =)
  20. Brit/Man II

Brit/Man II Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JUST COME HOME SAFE, GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAST FEW DAY'S.:ricky:ricky:ricky:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.