Hotrodding the GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Poolside, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
  2. chenrio

chenrio n00b

Oddometer:
    I could probably be more vague if it will elicit another response like yours. :deal
  3. hopskipjump

hopskipjump Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know nothing....
    but at 75 buckaroos, if it delivers half of what has been said it delivers, it was a great purchase.... christersakes!
  4. TommyHolly

TommyHolly Teaparty member

Oddometer:
    I ordered one in July. I've read through about 10 pages of this thread. Is there a posted waiting list or am I assigned to a certain group build date or something?

I'm not complaining because I know these are built by hand and it takes a while to make them (not including interruptions by the neighbor's cat, haha!). I was just wondering if there was some sort of list I could check intsead of asking. Thanks! =)
  5. SeeRace

SeeRace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look under one of Poolsides posts and you will see a link to Order List that will show where you are in the que. It looks like there are only 2 batches to go so should not be too long. :clap
  6. ericm

ericm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I installed mine last week. My 2007 R12GS runs noticeably better. Throttle response is better and the bike accellerates harder when I open the throttle to pass. It feels like the bike has more power though I expect a dyno would not show it as it's on transient throttle.

It's a worthwhile mod for sure. My only complaint is the long time delay between ordering and receiving.
    There are other similar units (minus the adjustability) out there, so if you are impatient like me they might be a quicker option.
  7. mexipike

mexipike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just popped mine on, really makes the bike feel great!

Now I can't wait for the iice cool.

When's that gonna happen?
  8. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Heh heh, well said Virco, well said.

<BR>
  9. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Thank you for your recent orders everyone!

The Order List is updated to include your initials.

Thanks also for the ride reports. It's always good to hear.

<BR>
  10. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Last week was a full schedule for me, and I didn't complete the Airs that I wanted. This morning I finished the assembly and first test of 45 pieces, that's a batch-and-a-half. 30 of those should be in epoxy tonight.

I got a chance to take a look at and test a few things on the 2013 R1200 wethead. From what I can tell the IICE products will work just fine on the new motor.

<BR>
  11. SourKraut

SourKraut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How we doing with the next batch - I'm in that group and would love to try it out before putting the 1150 to bed for the winter!
  12. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Patience my son .
    I can say that because I have mine .
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>You beat me to the question. I've been down here since late Monday evening chipping away at these. The last epoxy step for 24 pieces is complete, and they'll be cured by Wednesday morning. 24 more pieces are going into the first epoxy step on Tuesday afternoon. And 24 additional pieces are waiting in the queue. They'll probably get their first epoxy bath on Friday.

<BR>
  14. liviob

liviob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah! Poolside is epoxying them. They do look to be tedious to build. I have to get my bike back together to be able to use it, but still excited to try it out after receiving it. Thanks for the update Poolside.
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Well your welcome and thanks. Though I'm sure I deserve at least some of the credit for being a most tedious assembler. Likewise, I'm sure you folks deserve all the credit for being patient.

<BR>
  16. johnny80s

johnny80s Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does this work with the Booster Plug or instead of the Booster Plug? The booster Plug made the throttle a little smoother from 0-3000 rpm not buttery smooth which is what I want.

Will this give me that buttery smooth throttle?
  17. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    You could say that the IICE Air is an adjustable Booster Plug. It's adjustable so it will work with the upcoming Cool and Smooth products.

Let's talk about that smooth throttle. First a question about 'from idle to 3000rpm'. Are you talking about accelerating quickly, accelerating slowly, holding a constant speed, or something else?

<BR>
  18. johnny80s

Oddometer:
    Doing slow speed maneuvering mostly.
  19. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Ok. Would you say primarily constant speed, or primarily changing speeds? And if changing speeds, slowly changing speed, or gassing it up a couple thousand RPMs?

<BR>
  20. johnny80s

Oddometer:
    Changing speeds like going around a 90 corner and trying to do it smoothly. Nothing where I would rack the throttle open and closed just trying to make adjustments to the throttle up and down under 3000 rpms and having it be smooth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.