About Schmidt

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Padmei, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
  2. topo

topo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! i really wish i had the skills to do half of that fabrication work, nice find:thumb
  3. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Cheers. I like the set out of the photo page. All the info is in the pics.
    Now that winter is nearly here it may be time for me to get back into the workshop & weave some magic with some Bavarian iron.

Maybe a Game of Thrones themed bobber/scrambler...:evil
  4. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:

Yup, time to drag the projects out from their summer hibernation spots, look at them for a couple of hours to remind yourself where you were up to and dive on in.:clap
  5. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    That remineds me.....
    Sure I have a half finished monty cota 348 scatered around the country somewhere :wink:
  6. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    I hope the wheel & fork straightening crowd haven't thrown away my wheel & forks - it's only been about a year since I sent them up & told them i'd get back to them.
  7. topo

topo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:deal
  8. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yer could be :dhorse :lol3

9. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    yeah I'm a bit embarrassed to call them. :D

Put the screen back on & went for a cruise today. Bloody nice with a scarf & open face. if anyone is thinking of getting a givi screen I would prob recommend the taller screen unless you're a bit shorter. Mine is great for keeping the body warm but air hits the eyes. I can see how a RT would be comfortable in winter (ugly but comfortable:lol3)

I can't remember the last time I rode Schmidt but prob only a few weeks ago. Not riding for a while I realise how vibey the bars are so may look at that - any you other characters feel the airhead vibe ? Would out of synch carbs cause vibration as it seems to happen thru the rev range. I know 3500-4000 is trad a shaky place. Not worried but interested to see if I can ease it a bit.

Speaking about starter motors if mine is sticking occasionally would it root the starter motor teeth before the ring gear?
  10. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pull it out & lube it. Not hard to do. Not the teeth though
  11. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Since other more diligent owners have been continuing their maintenance/ modifications I thought I'd better post up an update.

Today I swept the leaves & gum bark out from around his tyres & threw a set of dodgy Harley type saddle bags over his rear end. That's it.

Would like to get rid of the green japanese bike that sits beside it sometime soon.
  12. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Willy & Max bags aren't "dodgy" :huh

Well, not once the badges and tassels have been removed...
  13. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Y'know they did settle straight onto Schmidt like they had been there all the time. reckon they'll blow off when riding if i don't tie them on?

Joni Mitchell. - I think I could have fallen in love with her back in the day.
    In her earlier vids she smiles & giggles in a very cute innocent teenager way . After reading a bit of her bio she describes herself less as a musician & more as a 'painter derailed by circumstance'.

Why am I disappointed to hear her talking in an interview as a very intelligent articulate woman with strong beliefs when I was led to believe she was a 'Pheobe' from Friends kind of character. Was she fooling me with her aloofness or was I wrong to presume she should be as I imagined.

Anyway here's "Coyote" hope i haven't posted this before.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RVdwEBQIjQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugger! the bidding on an exhaust i was interested in just went way past my wallet range
  14. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    OK we're old, have lots of facial hair & don't pull the chicks anymore but have cool bikes, what should we do?

I know... make a video:clap

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/63898395" width="500" height="207" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/63898395">Wheels & Waves x Loser Machine</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/douglasguillot">Douglas Guillot</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about our group. :lol3
  16. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    cool vid - everyone should ride a bike before they kark it :grim
  17. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    OK OK, I'll bring the camera...
  18. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Got a call from the Nordicgut & my speedo's arrived. I may have to put it on, get a warrant & do a review as I have yet to read one of them.
  19. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    9 days from China. Not too shabby.
  20. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    I've been reading up on vacuum gauges.

http://www.international-auto.com/f...uges/tips-on-reading-gauges-vacuum-gauges.cfm

Have any of you guys had experience tuning motorcycle engines with them? i know Motu was talking about them in a thread somewhere which tweaked my curiosity. I take it they attach to the same outlet I used on the bottom of my carb when I used the homemade carb balancer.

What interests me is there ability to highlite a potentially stuffed valve etc.

Any opinions?