FOUND - bike cam and mount on BRP, Central Virginia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by manfromthestix, May 4, 2011.

1. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was bicycling on the Blue Ridge Parkway in central Virginia Monday 2, 2011 and while grinding oh so slowly up a long hill spotted a video camera that had evidently popped off a motorcycle and taken a crash into the grass along the side of the road. Based on my forensic investigation I determined that it most likely fell off last Fall and layed there all winter. It may not even be in working condition any longer but I suspect the owner would like to know at least where his/her expensive leetle gizmo ended up. I thought about reviewing a video to look for identifying info but I don't have a battery charger or computer cable connection for such a thing, sorry.

If the owner can be found I would be happy to ship it home. I'd want the owner to identify the brand and model, type of mount, general vicinity of the loss, etc. to make sure it has found it's proper home. If I can't find the owner I guess it will go into an illegal and unmarked grave up on the BRP.

Thanks, everyone!

Doug
  2. kg4lho

kg4lho Outside Sellin'

Oddometer:
    Wow! Last time I saw it, my camera was somewhere in my junk room. Not sure how it made it all the way up to the Pkwy in VA but, PM me and I'll send you my address for shipping. Thanks! :lol3
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just saw a fairly recent post here where someone lost a camera, but don't remember where it was. Lemme look and see if I can find it.
  4. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:

I suspected there would be stinkers like you out there wanting a freebie! :D

I thought I might find some incriminating evidence on it, so I tried taking the SD card out and viewing it, but it wouldn't read in my computer. I think it got water in it from laying on the ground over the Winter, so the whole gizmo might be toasted including the card. It's a long shot finding the owner, but since I see so many inmates up on the BRP I thought it would be worth a try. An inmate PM'd me and suggested camera cords, and I haven't tried any of mine so maybe I'll dig through my collection. It's battery is toast, though, so my thought was it wouldn't be able to read.

BTW in two hours of GLORIOUS cycling on the BRP Monday I saw one Park Ranger, one RV, seven cars, four other bicyclists, and about thirty motorcycles. That's about right, I'd say. :ricky I live in Lexington and my office is in Roanoke, so I sometimes take the BRP home in the afternoon. It's amazing how beautiful and peaceful it can be up there during the week when it's a total clusterfook of traffic down in the Valley. And it's very lightly patrolled during the week... :evil

Doug