The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. canadaler

canadaler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RE: KTM's 450

Keep in mind that if they are going to continue to campaign the 690 in other events they may not want to spend a lot developing a totally new 450 just for Dakar.

Lends credence to speculation of going with a sleeved down version of an existing bike.
  2. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    well, there is another example of why having 2 passports is great-I only use my US one for entering the US, canadian for everything else:D

3. CBVRacing

CBVRacing CBVRacing

Oddometer:
  4. PPiA

PPiA Pete

Oddometer:
    Good stuff Christophe!
    Well done :thumb
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Any idea when the documentary will be out?

Congrats on your finish Christophe :clap
  6. italrally

italrally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    actually find on Coma's homepage:

www.marccoma.com

The AMV pilot Marc Coma renews contract with KTM
    miércoles, 10 febrero 2010
    The agreement makes the KTM rider of Avià on until the end of 2012
    The pilot AMV Marc Coma, double winner of the Dakar (2006/2009) and triple Rally World Champion, has started the 2010 season by renewing his contract that binds him as the first pilot to the end of 2012. For now, the pilot AMV lead the Austrian squad that has developed its sporting history and has enjoyed his greatest hits. Without knowing the name of his teammate, Marc Coma immediately will begin developing the new KTM in different configurations to decide which bike he will use in the next Rally World Championship and especially in the face of new Dakar technique regulations.
    In the presence of Heinz Kinigadner Managing Director and Sports Director Pit Beirer, the pilot AMV renewed his contract with KTM, thus becoming an official pilot of the mark during 2011 and 2012 seasons. This new two-year agreement represents the continuation of a successful relationship between the pilot and KTM brand, with which he has competed over the last 8 years.
    The company, headquartered in Mattighofen, Austria, and unveiled its first sports bet for the next two seasons, which included the 33rd and the 34th edition of the legendary Dakar Rally and the next editions of the Rally World Championship 2010, 2011 and 2012.
    Marc Coma was very pleased and excited about the new project. Before a new era Dakar, that he may return to the African continent and the implementation of new legislation, the Austrian brand wanted, with this gesture to reward the trust and the trajectory of the pilot AMV.
    The agreement guarantees to Marc Coma and his team to have the official support of KTM and hope to return with success, all the confidence you have placed the Austrian brand on the new project.
    MARC COMA Pilot AMV: "Very happy to address it with my brand new project of life, which again gives me full confidence as leader of the pilot plant. I have a lifetime here in this great family and I hope that together we can enjoy wonderful moments. It is a great gesture by KTM after a complicated Dakar, highly appreciates this show of support and the fact that you give me the opportunity to form my own team within the official structure. Now we have a whole year full of "training" and races. To develop the new bike will require much work later this month and begin the first phase. I want to convert, in success, all the confidence that KTM placed in me. "
  7. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Coma is probably THE fastest and when on ... charges an almost unbeatable. Its smart for Heinz to keep him and let him run a satelite team. This will be intresting to see what Cyril is going to do...
  8. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:

Awesome! Now stop doing interviews and get that documentary edited! I can't WAIT to see this!

Top job Christophe! You are an inspiration to all of us who want to compete one day...
  9. CBVRacing

CBVRacing CBVRacing

Oddometer:
    Simon tells me he will have a 4-5 minutes 'reel' to present to televisions in about 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to see it myself as well. I think there is enough footage on-bike / off-bike to run another "Dallas Series" LOL.

We will present two options to the networks, a 90 min film and a 4-part series.

However, the core of the story is much more powerful than watching bikes across deserts. It took me 5 years to get this off the ground and finally recorded this 09/10, you will be impressed with the finished product as Simon is a genius.

There are all the ingredients to get everyone onto the next Dakar, or the next 'Dream' you have. And in the end, make sure you have tissues handy to wipe the tears...
  10. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    hmmm there are a few interesting between the lines bits in this, probably also trying to mess with Despres head as well :lol3

as to which is faster, thats a tough call Despres has made some amazing come from behind catchups in the past...........head to head not much between them

Its going to be a great couple of years for rallye I reckon with the new high level supported Sherco & Aprilia teams taking it to KTM as well as the Yamaha's etc.

The 70 degree sloper should really suit Cyril and give him the edge though.
  11. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
  12. escuchamente

escuchamente Let's Ride

Oddometer:
  13. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    So... Feb 15th came and went with no press release from the ASO on where the 2011 edition will be held... I seem to remember Feb 15th as being the date they would announce the 2011 location no?
  14. canadaler

canadaler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe they're waiting for some help from the man with the mustache.:evil
  15. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

Maybe the announcement has been made, just not by the ASO... :dunno

16. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    see here

http://speed.ae/2010/02/17/saudi-arabian-motor-federation-announces-new-2011-rally-of-arabia/

Feb.17 (Riyadh) HRH Prince Saud Bin Abdul Mohsen Bin Abdul Aziz, Governor of Ha’il, President of the Supreme Commission for Ha’il Development and the Head of the Supreme Commission of the Ha’il Rally, announced at the start of the 2010 Saudi Arabian Ha’il Baja that the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation (SAMF) would organise a brand new cross-country rally in spring 2011.

"we will run an event with around 1,500km of selective sections in 2011,” enthused Mishaal Al-Sudairy, President of the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation."

"We hope to run the event in the spring, February or early March time, and it will be registered as a stand-alone event in the FIA calendar, but we will also permit motorcycles in co-ordination with the FIM and trucks to take part for the first time. The Rally of Arabia will use as much of the beautiful uncharted desert in the Ha’il area as possible and is sure to be probably the most demanding rally in the world outside the Dakar.”
  17. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    That sounds interesting?
  18. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    So i got the oppurtunity to have a chat with this charming young lady today, Mirjam Pol, about her last years dakar and their future plans.
    Mirjam was competing with Anny Seel for top rankings in the lady's class last year until some severe injury's forced her to drop out.
    She told me she's getting ready for the African Dakar for 2011, and liked it more because its more sandy in Africa, and of course, boys and girls from Holland, and probably Belgium (Frans Verhoeven, spare Begium as we say) and Sweden (Anny Seel), love deep sand, because thats what they're used to, so she's really looking forward for Africa, and having her paperwork send in before June 4th to ASO, I asked them about the 450 rule for 2011, so her teammanager of Honda Dakar Europe told me amateurs would still be allowed to compete on bigger bikes, at least 690's and if a couple years old large displacement twins as well, they told me ASO really want amateurs to keep the true Dakar myth alive, so we we're shooting the shit for probably 40 minutes, and boy, what a friendly down to earth lady she is.
    So anyone who's got some more info about our Dakargirls,
    think its time to give these brave lady's the coverage they deserve.

Attached Files:

19. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    She told me she's getting ready for the African Dakar for 2011,

:ear
  20. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have we missed an announcement or is this more speculation?