Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Dunlop 606 in a 130/90 if you need a DOT tire, I know they came with a 140...it's a better bike with a 130.

and Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w-50 is best. :wink:
  2. Homey

Homey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone here ridden to Bodie? Can I ride my green stickered bike or does it need to be street legal? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  3. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is a Husky question?

They are mostly county roads and it is a state park, all street legal. However many people do it.

You can come up the old RR grade from Mono lake which is BLM roads open to GS.
  4. Homey

Homey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I have a 2000 TE that I ride mostly in the desert. I have lights, signals etc. I could put on it but I'd rather not. I use an auxiliary fuel tank mounted to the front stanchion tubes and I'd have to remove it to put on the headlights. I also don't have a "real" street license plate for it. I vaguely remember hearing of people getting harassed by rangers when they showed up there on GS bikes.
  5. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:

I'm leaning towards a Pirelli 140/80-18 XC MH for the rear, looks great for off road and it's got good reviews.

You can run synthetic in a Husky right?
    Thanks!
  6. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    You WANT to run synthetic.
  7. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    I have run both d606 and xcmh rears . Its a compromise .

Xcmh is a slightly bettter tire off road then 606 and 606 a fair bit better on road .

I got about 2000k from a xcmh rear and i got about 3000k from a d606 .

Xcmh front is the go - i dont like 606 fronts .

Oil - 15w 50 full synth quality bike -,I use motol .
  8. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I think I'll give the pirelli the nod...see what happens, taking notes on the oil information too, appreciate it!
  9. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a little more from the XCMH, pretty disappointing considering the price. Good handling I guess, it didn't last long enough to fully test.
    Try a Dunlop 908 RR.
    I had one last 7200 miles and it is a very good street tire and an excellent off road tire. the front however is not too good. For a good front try a Metzler Unicross.
    I use 5W-40 Shell Rotella full syn.
  10. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    Damn, that 908 is $204 a tire...:huh, wow!
    I might get a 606 and a pirelli for that, eh?
    Yep, had a new Unicross on the DR650 and liked that, ah, I guess I need to try out some tires and see what works best for me and the husky...:D
  11. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's my .02 on the D908. (I have one on my 630)

Cost 2X as much but lasts 2-3X as long as a T63/D606/etc so maybe you save money (especially if you're paying someone to change tires). There's also value for someone setting out on a long trip and doesn't want the aggravation of planning a tire change 1/2 way to Alaska or the TAT.

It's a very stiff, strong, puncture resistant tire. Not getting a flat is worth a lot to me. With a Tubliss insert it's a run-flat.

Fast, aggressive riders report it doesn't offer great traction. Hasn't been an issue for me but I'm slow.....

Surprisingly it mounts very easily, much easier than the T63 I mounted the same day.

Here's a pic I grabbed from the Sibersky Extreme thread. This was after 9000 miles on a KTM690.

[​IMG]
  12. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

My main issue with that tire is that it doesn't have any traction, sure it's a block of rubber that can make it to Alaska, but don't ask it to climb anything.

[​IMG]

I got 4500 miles out of one, it would just spin and spin and spin...hated every minute of it.

[​IMG]

It sucked on pavement, sand, dirt, gravel, snow, mud and rocks. Concrete in a straight line is where it really shined.:deal
  13. duanew1

duanew1 In my Pajama pants

Oddometer:
    Tigerrider007's Husky has a MT-43 with a Tubliss setup in it. The MT-43 is close to half worn though. I told him that he should try that out to see how he likes it with low pressures. It should do everything very well except for mud.
  14. tlking6

tlking6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm on my 3rd one and have been very happy with it on this bike. Amazing in the rocks and on the slab, good in the sand,, okay in the mud. I did get caught in a snowstorm in Baja back in December and learned the hard way that you dont want a trials tire in the snow.
  15. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm sorry but I just don't get your experience. It hauled me over all the SanJuan passes and around Moab and I never once lacked for traction. I went thru standing water/muddy sand in Upheaval Bottom on WRT w/o any spinning.

16. MasterChief

MasterChief Adventurer

Oddometer:

A tire & oil thread. I have to throw in my 2 cents.:deal

I had a 908 on the rear and hated every minute of it. Too stiff, bounced around off road and did not stick on the road either. Traded it for a six pack after 1000 miles and I think I got the better end of the deal.

I had a MT 43 on the rear for a round 1000 miles. Took it off, but kept it. Love it on my smaller bikes not on the 610. The Husky spins it too much. Trails tires work best when they are sticking.

I have a T63 on the rear now and it's ok.

The best I have had so far is a Kenda 270. Great on the road and suprisingly good off road. I'm going back to that soon.

I use 5W-40 Shell Rotella full syn in all my other 4 stroke bikes, but have been afraid to in the Husky because it calls for the 60 w.

However if you can run Rotella in Texas surely I can in Washington:lol3
  17. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    I'll try it out Duane, then see what might work best for most of the terrain we travel...mostly gravel, with some hard pack dirt, we'll see how the MT43 holds up...
  18. tlking6

tlking6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

you'll find the Trials tire very exciting when braking hard in gravel. My theory is that the pebbles clog up all the gaps between the knobs and then you have a gravel on gravel situation. Great for power brake slides!
  19. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been running an MT-43 rear/MT-21 front combo and pretty happy with it overall. It climbs up stuff that's not exactly easy to walk up. However, with one exception of a front-end washout where the edge of the trail became very, very soft without looking any different, every time the bike has been on its side since I put them on has been on a steep, technical downhill. One of the biggest criticisms you hear about trials tires is their lack of braking ability downhill. That might just line up with my experience.

Now that I'm in a part of the South that's relatively flat and prone to be muddy, instead of the dry Cali mountains and desert, I got a set of Desert Race to try on my 610. Figured it was either that or the D908 on the rear, but WC's recommendations and the "I've never had a flat with a Desert" comment swayed me. Waiting for my cush hub rear wheel to show up to mount everything.

I'm also building an 18-in rear wheel for my YZ250 that will be a WR295 next time it runs. Will probably give the MT-43 a try on the back of that at some point if I head west of home where it's drier and likely to have more technical terrain.

Oh, yeah. Motul 300V 15W-60.
  20. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    I have a
    Tractionator
    on the rear.

[​IMG]

Sticks off road amazingly well, OK on the street and DOT rated (so it won't throw knobs at speed). Wearing like iron, too.

I think the front tire I got is also a Moto-Z, but it did lose some knobs after a long high speed highway run... Maybe it's a different non-DOT tire. I'll look this evening and post.

Golden Spectro semi-synthetic off-road 20W-50