Wolfman New 2013 Products-The Monarch Pass Saddle Bags

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wolfmanluggage, Feb 7, 2013.

1. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys no specific ETA on these yet we have a few other items in the works that are in line first. Thanks for all the interest and stay tuned...:clap
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bummer, but happy to see you coming out with even more products:clap I'm on the fence about these or the Rocky Mountain (can't get past the price to be honest), can you comment on whether there are even more choices in saddlebags coming down the pike?

Also, how water resistant are the Ex-T sacks? If the bags themselves were treated with something like Scotchguard from new, and the Ex-T bags were used, would gear stay mostly dry in anything but torrential? Seems like a nice setup.
  3. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just get a couple of dry-bags like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/SealLine-Stor...olid=QBM0AMIWUART&coliid=I1NU86MXCPN4ZX&psc=1

Or, if you want the tie-down loops, these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Summit-Ri...=1363045742&sr=8-25&keywords=sealline+dry+bag

Each saddle bag would hold 2 of the 8-10L bags, or one 20L bag (2 10L Storm Sacks from the first link per saddle bag would probably fit best based on the dimensions).

Looking at the EX-T bags, they're not going to be 100% waterproof because of the closure system, even if the material itself is.
  4. levain

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Well, I ordered the bags. Once they get here, I'll take one down to REI and just mix n match until I find some dry bags that are the right size/dimensions. I thought about buying the ex-t bags, since they'll likely fit correctly, thus not losing space due to funny sized bags, but I think this will work fine.
    I sure wish Wolfman just had the liners available. hint, hint, hint.:rofl

Pictures soon on my Tiger 800XC:clap:clap
  5. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be looking forward to the pics! Let me know which ones fit best. I got my racks and the Hoops for my Tiger 800 for now (along w/ the 50L Triumph bag), but am trying to decide between these or a pair of the larger Rocky Mountain bags for when I need to pack more.
  6. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Liners are in the works...and lmychajluk is correct the EXT stuff sacks would not be a good waterproof option. REI is a good place to find waterproof stuff sacks for this stuff, I have used them myself many times. Thanks for continuing to push us nicely:D
  7. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    These Monarchs are just what I have been looking for as a upgrade from all the mixed stuff I now have,be saving my lunch money for a order ASAP,who needs covers and all,just line the Monarchs with big green garbage bags,load um up,and go.Thanks Wolfman
  8. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received my Monarch Pass bags a few days ago. Now, I'm just waiting for the release of the racks for the CRF250L. :clap
  9. levain

Oddometer:
  10. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Need to see pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. levain

Oddometer:
    Did you click the link?

Teaser:evil

[​IMG]
  12. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
  13. tt100

tt100 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any update on the availability of the liners?
  14. MCSama

MCSama Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump

Would love to have something fitted instead of making something else fit awkwardly.
  15. tt100

tt100 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A guy wrote me and told me Exped 22 litre waterproof bags work perfect. I bought 2 of them from Sierra Trading Post for ~$10 per and they do fit great. Turned out to be a great deal... Plus they have a see through stripe down the side so you can tell what's in each bag,
  16. MCSama

MCSama Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wish I would have seen this earlier. I actually found a fantastic bag that was a little more expensive (but I supported a local business. It's cool): Sea To Summit Big River Dry Bag w/ oval base.

20L seriously fits like it was made for the Monarch Pass. Unfortunately, our rainy weather stopped after right I bought them so that part hasn't been tested. The fit is good and I know they make a good product so I'm confident.
  17. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    these monarchs are awesome. any word yet on liners?
  18. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys no word on the liners yet and we are not sure when they will be available...
  20. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    i purchased a set of these bags. The 4 straps on the pannier are much too short to attach to the wolfman rack with my rotopax 1 gal on the rack. (2009 KLR).

Any thoughts or tips? My trip is in a couple of days and no time to return them, any help will be appreciated, even a quick fix idea.

EDIT: Since I'm in a hurry I called the fine folks at Wolfman. They explained they have a product just for rotopax extension and I ordered 2 day delivery. Crisis over and thanks again Wolfman

Steve