TWO Closing

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Linzi, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    :cry:cry:cry

From their Facebook page:

"We Regret to inform you that Two Wheels Only will cease operation on March 15th 2011 We'd like to thank all of you who supported this establishment and the local community for the last 29 years. It's been a fun ride!

Unfortunately the inheritors of the property that Two Wheels Only sits on would not renew the ground lease, do a month to month rent until they sold their property, or sell us the separate parcel of land that the resort is on. We'll keep you posted!"

Total bummer, man. :(

(And, if this is a re-post, y'all can stuff it. I'm not on here nearly enough to keep up. :D)
  2. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............................this sucks.
  3. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a total bummer.:cry:cry:cry I've been going there regularly for over 20 years.
  4. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    But, IMHO, their quality of service has been on the decline for the last several years. Don't get me wrong, I love(d) that place, and went 12 years straight when COG was having their Run With Wolf rallies there. Unfortunately, the people who were putting on those rallies couldn't come to agreeable terms with Britt and GT a number of years ago and decided to move up the road to Frank's place at High Valley Resort.

The place had become an institution to the motorcycling community and I, for one, am sorry to see it go. They've been fighting this leasing arrangement for years, and I guess the property owners finally decided to pull the plug.

I wish Britt and GT all the best. One can only hope they and the property owners can come to some mutual agreement and TWO will live on.
  5. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just found out about it. Now there is really nothing up there to go hang out.
  6. brownie2

brownie2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out DOGS thread. I've never been there but wanted to stop by sometime. I still have the cabin!
  7. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :cry
  8. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    +1

Chris
  9. simpson

simpson wild rover of hell

Oddometer:
    Dammit :cry:cry
  10. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    :eek1:eek1:cry
  11. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    That really sucks. It was a pretty good place to camp and a great place to stop for lunch. The food there was a little pricey, but good. I'm gonna miss the place for sure.
  12. sweetfeed

sweetfeed Boxher

Oddometer:
    I've had some REALLY fun times there ....:evil

I hope they find a way to keep it going!
  13. FriedDuck

FriedDuck Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer:
    :cry:cry:cry I've had so many good times up there I don't know what to do.

Hi Linz! :wave
  14. HLC

HLC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is very sad news. TWO is a local institution and will surely be missed. The crowds have grown a bit thin over the last few years, but it was still a great place to stop, talk with other motorcyclists, and grab a bite to eat. Plus, the location in the North Georgia mountains was great. I do not know Britt and GT well, but they always seemed to me like good folks. I wish them well.
  15. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Goowood Lowered, I hate to hear this!
  16. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's about a 9.9 on the suck-o-meter. :baldy

I sure hope they can work a deal out with the present or future land owners to keep the place open.
  17. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sad news for motorcycling, that place was an institution. Had many a fun time there.
  18. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    TWO can never be replaced. There are many other motorcycle resorts that have sprung up as a result of TWO, but none of them have the unique character of TWO. I have so many great memories there from the last 20 years. I'm sure many of you do too. I have started a thread in Pics, pics, pics for TWO pics. TWO will never be forgotten but having some pics would be nice too.

Here's the link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15276214#post15276214
  19. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a shame. I hope they can work something out. Good Luck and thanks for the good times GT and Britt.:1drink
  20. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    Soooo many good memories of that place,...and some photos with no memory attached...:freaky

this sucks:cry