Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. LeVeL

LeVeL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So.....
    I decided to take the big bike plunge. Bought a new old stock 2012 Super Tenere. By far the most comfortable bike I have ridden. Like a Cadillac compared to the KTM. Still debating on whether or not to keep the 640.
  2. Mgbgt89

Mgbgt89 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've seen them, never ventured in though. I usually just play on the sidewalks and curbs, practice wheelies and such.

There are trails across the street too, but i've heard there are mudholes back there that will swallow trucks on 38's.
  3. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:

Congrats, I really love the S10, but the turbo douches at Yamaha corporate really put the kibash on me owning one.

Without question it is a killer bike.
  4. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
  5. LeVeL

LeVeL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, It was one of those deals that I just couldn't pass up. I'm still breaking it in, but from what I've road so far it seems like it would be fairly capable; given a skidplate and proper tires.... among a few other gratuitous upgrades.
  6. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

turbo douche...awesome terminology...you should trademark it :lol3
  7. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a couple of XR 100's and they are big fun but.... My plated CRF150f was even more fun and really easy to get wired since it had decent stator output for the electric start.

[​IMG]

The trails are still behind and across the street near Mud Run golf course but are pretty nasty with deep holes and riddled with trash. They have found a body or 10 back there over the years so I just avoid it.
  8. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Good ride this Sunday.
    The ERA guys in MacArthur are running the Little Burr on this Sunday. They are putting a dual-sport class at the end of the run for guys that want to trail ride.
    This is a lot of the same type of stuff that you'll see on the baby-burr national dual-sport in October....pretty easy trail ride.
    Enduro at 10a.m. $50.
    Dual Sport at 11a.m. $40.
    Sign-up open until 9:30.
    Vinton Co. Junior Fairgrounds on SR93 just north of MacArthur.
  9. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:

I think Mike5000F might have a gently used S10 skidplate :D.
  10. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:

Some douchebags are so good you know they are not naturally aspirated- they put forth a big effort to be extra douchey.
  11. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I placed the order for this setup last night. I really wanted to go to 14 up front, but the numbers (and Mark's feedback) indicated it really wasn't worth it. I hope to have it installed before Labor Day. I'll be hitting the road then, but haven't decided where yet.
  12. LeVeL

LeVeL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried to search the user name and came up short..? If it's a decent skidplate and not one of those chinsy factory styled one's I'll pick it up off him right quick. Just point me in the right direction.
  13. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    This link should help. :deal http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=88690
  14. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    QUOTE=motodirtlover;22159166]Good ride this Sunday.
    The ERA guys in MacArthur are running the Little Burr on this Sunday. [/QUOTE]

American or Euro timing? I have the lights and plate for my 350 but probably no time to do the conversion
    -

Thought it was MikeF5000

-

Michael
  15. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    If you are riding the actual enduro, and want to play the game, it is traditional 24mph timekeeper.
  16. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

I think we had a couple of them at the dinner tuesday night
  17. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Like to do the enduro, been a few years since I did one. Like to do one of the ISDE style timed enduros some day. I'd need to pickup another horn, mirror and brake switch.

Gonzo, is Makayla's bicycle horn still on my old 250 or did Paul break that too?

-

Michael
  18. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    CAMPOUT!!!!!

Ok, guys, let's shoot for Sept.12-13 for a campout at 15483 Charleston Pike, Kingston, Ohio. This is two miles north of the north entrance to Tar Hollow State Park.

We got plenty of places to throw a tent, pull in your camper, and park your trucks, trailers, whatever. Prolly got some floor space also.

We got electric, bathrooms, water.
    We got two gas grills, refrigerator, ice chests.
    Table, chairs, prolly some hay bales for sittin'.

Figuring on hamburgers and hot dogs in the evening, donuts in the morning. And COFFEE!
    I'll try to have plenty of tea and water, and milk and orange juice. I'll try to get the wife to make up some pasta salad and ? Should be chips and cookies, too. ( If someone brings them. )

Laurelville is five miles away, grocery and gas is open til 8pm. I'll check to see how extensive their beer selection is.

I've got tools, air compressor and garage space for repairs and maintenance.

We've got dirt, gravel, and twisty pavement.
    Hopefully, some of you guys with good gps dirt tracks can lead some of the dirt rides. ( Luke? Indy? Benly? Mike5000? who else? )

Anyway, post up if you're coming so I can figure out supplies.
    We'll get a list going.

Looking forward to seeing and riding with you guys!

Mark
  19. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    May be in NC that weekend but will keep an eye on the thread. Are you thinking big bikes, little bikes, both...?

It doesn't really matter since all I have right now is the DR350 but I may have bigger traily by then. That is if I can decide what I want to get!
  20. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun. I hope to be back to riding by then....