Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:
    Chuck isn't blessed, he made this happen. It's those sons that are blessed to have a Dad that has some righteous priorities !! Ok,10 more pages and I'm caught up. Would like to shed some light on this nugget " But I also know that our fears are most often greater than the reality of what will happen." I will quote this line often as it pertains to coaching, parenting, and daily obligations of a Visionary Philosopher,

Love what you're doing, doing it right !!!:clap

OK, caught up, really good stuff. Love the videos, love the music, love the views of life as it unfolds. Thank you for all the work you put into this, many are benefiting.
  2. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry our paths did not cross. It is a big place to ride for sure!!

PS I missed the dolphins, as had to stay with my bike in the heavy seas !
  3. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :thumb (although I feel that this goes both ways, and the sons might not have joined him on the ride)
  4. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :thumb Thanks so much I will keep this in mind!! Would love to see the Lambretta :evil
  5. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    I like the video. Watching it was a great way to start the day. It always makes me smile seeing my friends out enjoying life.:thumb
  6. copout

copout Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Love every post Mark. It is now my nightly routine when I come home to check on your adventures!

I know you have offers coming out your ears but if your travels find you in Perth, Western Australia, you are welcome to a room, beers and good cheers, along with a reasonably stocked garage for the GS if needed!

Stay safe!
  7. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the offer. Perth is actually one of the places that I would really like to visit...... :deal You'll be hearing from me :evil
  8. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hola Mark,
    Wow........that sums it up for me!! It only seems like yesterday that you started this adventure and now you are at the real end of the road to the south!!!. Very proud to say that Angie and I have been a part of the journey and very blessed to know you and call you friend and, although it was only for a short bit, to have ridden with the Great Radioman!!!. Its is amazing what you have accomplished and helps all of us realize that dreams can be captured!!!

Take care of yourself on the next leg!! Safe and fun riding. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!! If you need a warm place to hang out and reflect we will always have a room at the A2 Resort!!!!

Andy and Angie!!
  9. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :wave thanks you two! Merry Christmas and happy new year to you! I enjoyed our times together as well! Look forward to seeing your "new" place someday!
  10. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Spent today taking a ride around Ushuaia, up to the Glacier and editing this video....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-s6ic5TKFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great recap video of Bolivia.
    Awesome RR Radioman!

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.:clap

Safe & happy travels.:freaky

Cheers,
    Dave
  12. jbcaddy

jbcaddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oroville & Placerville, California U.S.of A.
    Hey Mark, I am still riding along with you in spirit. Thanks for the ride! I sure have enjoyed reading your ride stories and will read/ride along the rest of the way. All the best, Jan
  13. Voidrider

Voidrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the report and congratulations!

Your comment about the guy on the KLR 250 made me giggle, as I could see that being me someday, unless I would just take my Ninja 250 to prove it can be done! :eek1:lol3

Actually reading your report and a couple others has been helping me realize more and more that where there is a will, there IS a way, and you don't have to have the latest and greatest widget to do it.

Thanks for sharing, perhaps your ride is a gift to yourself, but sharing it makes it a gift to many!
  14. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  15. SavannahCapt

SavannahCapt Long timer

Oddometer:
    That made my palms sweat. Good Job!
  16. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Great vid :clap:clap:clap Thanks so much for the work you do in bring this ride report to us. :clap:clap:clap
  17. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    Mark, I'm not sure I'd even walk on that death road.:lol3
  18. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mark:

I am not sure I could ride the Death Road. It looks scary and I worry about trucks coming the other direction.

I get goosebumps just looking at your video

bob
  19. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mark,

Thanks for posting the Bolivia vid, makes me wanna ride it too! Since the new bypass road went in, I've read that you don't have to dodge trucks and buses like in the old days, just landslides and rockfall! Looks like a great bike ride to me.

When you heading north, now that you've run out of land? I head south in 3 weeks.

All the best to ya, Hells
  20. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Gracias. It is relatively empty with the bypass road taking the trucks. It was a few car/vans and lots of mountain bicyclist.. ....

It has lots of exposure, but so do many of the roads in the mountains of South America.... Just have to keep focused on the road ahead of you not the 2,000 foot drop just 5-10 feet away :lol3

I will be going north for a bit, then east, then west .... way west :)