Best touring seat xr650r

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by sunnybandit, Jul 9, 2013.

1. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello.
    I love my medium red pig, and the road is calling again.
    As a new member on here I have a bunch of questions for youall, and here comes the first.... :evil

I have cut my seat, glued and shaved softer foam, added sheep skin, and my ass still gets super sore after 3 hours. It is simply not wide enough in the back for cruising. curious if any body on here has experience with either a renazco racing seat or corbin or anything else. I am leaning toward the corbin due to the fact I can simply order one and have it here in 2 weeks. A part of me wants to keep the stock seat they way I have it set up because on twistys or mixed offroad conditions its fine, but for those long huals btw states or moods its a real B*tch.

Also debating putting the 7 gal IMS tank I have to match the cruiser seat and dirt bags I ordered. Current tank is 4 gal IMS which if I keep it under 70mph gets me a little over 100 miles.

Thanks
    Matt
  2. cognugget

cognugget n00b

Oddometer:
    Im getting 43mpg with 15/48 gearing which is about 100 miles for the stock 2.5g....
  3. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well that sounds wonderful. I have 15/45 air box mod and properly jetted stock carb. Do you ever go 70-75 on the freeway? mine may be more like 3.6 or something I bought it off some c@nt on eBay after my last one cracked. ;)

MSE mobile
  4. cognugget

cognugget n00b

Oddometer:
    my cruise speed is 60-70., yes lots of freeway. Im running stock carb on an uncorked bike. 175 main jet
  5. cognugget

cognugget n00b

Oddometer:
    I regularly hit 70-75 miles without touching reserve.
  6. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My numbers may be off. I think I get somewhere like 35-40 if I don't push it too hard. The point is I need a seat sufficient for lots of miles. I went to BMW and checked out financing options on an f800, but it's sort of just not me. expensive and not really that attractive (like my last girlfriend). I love my piggy to pieces and I trust her.

MSE mobile
  7. cognugget

cognugget n00b

Oddometer:
    Check out seat concepts. Im running the stock seat and im numb after 60 miles.
  8. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So what jets do you run?

MSE mobile
  9. brucifer

brucifer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out Renazco for a seat option. They did a seat for me for a past DR650SE. Very happy with the end result.

http://renazco.com/
  10. cognugget

cognugget n00b

Oddometer:
    175 main, 68s and the upgraded needle. Sea level. That 43mpg is street only.
  11. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same as me, what is upgraded needle ?

MSE mobile
  12. cognugget

cognugget n00b

Oddometer:
    I can't remember..... B53E on the 3rd clip?
  13. sintax

sintax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really wanted a renazco, but ended up for a seatconepts. I will say for the price difference, I think I made a good decision. I think it may be possible for the renazco to be a finer seat, but for double the cost, and 20-30 times the wait.....

Maybe someday I'll order up a renazco to test it out, but for my trip I just ran out of time and money.

I'm a bit interested in your IMS 4.6 getting you only 100m per tank. I know I generally get 130+ miles and never even hit reserve.

I am adding the Acerbis tank to my bike for my planned TAT trip this summer. I've had a few battles fitting it, but after a lot of cursing I went in and reroute all of my wiring and cabling, and as of last night, its fitting pretty smoothly. The factory mounts suck for Acerbis, so pick up one of Hodakas mounts.
  14. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Had a Renazco on my 610, it was worlds better than stock, but not as good as the Corbin I had on my 2002 XR650R. I think a stock XR650R seat is as good as a Renazco. Have to be careful with a Corbin, it doesn't fit the Acerbis 6.3 tank, that's how I got to spend a ton of time on a stock XR650R seat which I don't find all that bad.
  15. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. Spoke to Renzaco who I found out himself is a 650r man. Like said above its a time issue so if he can't find me a spot it's goina be Corbin or seat concepts.

MSE mobile
  16. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I get more then 100 to empty more like 120 or 130. It's only when I drive to fast on the freeway that the numbers start to go down. I got the air box mod and a big old white brothers full system. If anybody knows how to get more miles I would like to know. How many tanks to the oil change?! ;)

MSE mobile
  17. OR Trail

OR Trail looks for unlocked gates Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have 2 Renazco's (XR650R & KTM 950), as well as a Seat Concepts on a DRZ. They are all fine seats, and for the wait time I would go Seat Concepts. A local custom I once had done was worlds better than any of the above. Alaska Leathers sheep skin does wonders for any seat except perhaps true custom, and seems to work wonders on a few stockers as well. I have ridden other people's bikes with Corbins and it isn't for me, plus they are heavy and generally expensive. S.C. seems much more comfortable at a better price given a choice between the 2.

18. sintax

sintax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rumor has it the TM40 is a easy way to jump 8-12 mpg. I installed one, but I have not run any tests to see what i'm getting mpg wise.

During my TAT trip, I plan on changing the oil twice along the trip. one of those oil changes will be oil only, filter will remain intact
  19. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was just being cheeky, I change mine every 1300miles. Filter ever other, works fine.

MSE mobile
  20. ODSC1

ODSC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Renzaco on one of my XRR's. It's a great seat and certainly way better than stock. I rode around Central America on it for a couple months. It did come with the bike when I bought it a few years ago.

I also have a SDG/ Moose seat for my other XRR. And surprisingly enough I find it just as comfortable as the Renzaco seat.

Brian