Carolina Craigslist Crap!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by GI_JO_NATHAN, Mar 14, 2011.

1. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I keep seeing more and more of these "no title" bikes. If it's not stolen, then it must be unpaid for through a finance company, who is probably looking for it to repo. Eventually, the banks are going to require a GPS tracking device like a Lo-Jack be hidden on anything they finance.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4380646084.html

There are more than one, semi-late model sportbikes with no titles, on CL right now.
  2. luni

luni Non-artic explorer

Oddometer:
    Guy I worked with had his car impounded by the towing company I think after a DUI. They charged outrageous storage fees that he couldn't afford and after a week or two the cost to get the vehicle back was more than it was worth, vehicle was an old beater BMW that he paid cash for. A lawyer would have cost as much and still wouldn't have guaranteed that he got the car back so I think in the end he just gave up. The storage company basically stole his car. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these cheap craigslist stolen-looking listings are the same shady shit.

I'm sure there's no shortage of dudes riding around on no title/tag/insurance bikes with a bogus plate and their fingers crossed. And I'm sure there's guys that have no problem picking up a bike without paperwork to save a few bucks, creating a market for these bikes.

I'm sure every paperless bike has it's own ridiculous story of how the paper trail was lost but we're a smart enough group that if anything smells wrong it throws up red flags and we just move on.
  3. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I check one out with out a title,which I rarely do.I casually snap a pic of the vin,and have a LEO check it out.
  4. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Late model bikes with no title are most likely stolen, I don't care what "story" the seller comes up with. If it's not stolen, it's just evading repo. There are a LOT of bikes out there on the street without legit tags, insurance, etc. I keep tamper resistant bolts on my tags, just in case!

The only "legit" bikes I know of without titles, are trackbikes that were at some point, "totaled" and then rebuilt with no intentions of ever putting them back on the street. The ones being ridden, without titles, are hot. I know a guy who had his bike stolen, and then it was found, on the street several months later. Guy riding it bought it without a title, and was riding it for months before getting caught.
  5. ob1quixote

ob1quixote Long timer

Oddometer:

Tow lots and body shops get legal titles when they claim a vehicle. There is specific paperwork and procedure to do it. You can do it too, if a vehicle is abandoned on your property.
  6. Leget

Leget Rally Tractor Pilot

Oddometer:
    http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/4375222202.html

I brought my First Dirtbike for $600 im asking $500 ill take $400 the - $500 (charlotte nc)

Only thang wrong with it. It need new gas cord I just use grip <section id="postingbody"><nobr>pliers</nobr> for now part ain't that much so selling like it is crank up first kick 4gears fast im really looking for a Trade For A 4Wheeler and i ain't <nobr>talking</nobr> bout something slow. But $500 it's yours. I'll take IPhone 4s and 200 for it the <nobr>lowes</nobr> I can go is 300 need gone . Can't take nothing in the $100.
    $250 & up </section>
  7. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    That just melted my brain. I literally lost IQ points by reading it.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  8. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    There should be a spelling and reading comprehension test required before one is allowed to use Craigslist.

Hardly a day passes when I don't see things like:

Ridding gloves for sail, bearly used, also got a helement and googles for sell two! Piks on my phone, aks for pics.
  9. Elvis Abides

Elvis Abides Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Behold, the future of our fair country. :fpalm
  10. Leget

Leget Rally Tractor Pilot

Oddometer:

Don't forget about good breaks "just installed new break pads" ! :D
  11. Jocassee

Jocassee Petrolhead

Oddometer:
    You know what you do in that case...you steal it back!

Don't ask me how I know.
  12. GI_JO_NATHAN

GI_JO_NATHAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fixt.
  13. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:

Insert 3 quarters, turn handle slowly. :D
  14. RCmoto

RCmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to offer that Scholar $99., bet he'd take it, if I throw in a 40 :1drink
  15. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
  16. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
  17. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
  18. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. luni

luni Non-artic explorer

Oddometer:
    Seriously some dude is trying to get paid for his post-burnout throw aways?
  20. RCmoto

RCmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    for the wanna-be squid that can't even do a burn out themselves, they will put in garage/man cave to show off saying yup they did it/are badass