Rallye navigation bracket photo thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by wrk2surf, May 4, 2011.

1. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Or 0.5 seconds when things go awry :lol3

:freaky
  2. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you want grommets or washers? I think grommets might be better for this application???
  3. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Grommets I have beneath the RB for example. Because of the way the Nav Tower plates hold each other I need rubber washers, which I can cut from rubber sheet but if I can find them straight away I will buy them. I think If I use washers in all the connections, eventually what you do it you dampening out the thing because some of the energy will go to the washers :deal. The best place to do it obviously would be the connection to the frame but I have not time now to take it off as I need to prepare other things on the bike ... :huh
  4. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    On my 640 I have a short choke cable I bought from Sommer KTM. The knob (it's a knob you pull out and twist to hold in the on position) attaches to the frame, close to the kick start. It's very convenient to use and you get rid of another control at the handlebars. I'm on the road right now but can send you a pic next week.
  5. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:

That would be very helpfull to see the part. I think the one from the Suzuki posted earlier on would be similar to what you are saying. Either one would do the job.

Quick question. The decomp cable. Do we really really need it ? :huh
  6. Carlos M

Oddometer:
    :dunno I do use mine all the time to set the kick into position. My 640 starts so easy on the kick that I use it most often than the electric starter
  7. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can use the seals that are used in water taps as washers, check out your local hardware store. There are a few different types, I use the harder black ones.
  8. Royce Cochran

Royce Cochran was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    These might work. Kind of a reverse grommet. IIRC 1971 and later air cooled VW Beetle oil cooler seals.

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CJbIqpKu37MCFZGPPAoddxgAlw
  9. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Markoutsas on Leoforos Athinon (underneath the overpass on your right)

PM or call, I have a bunch of spares as well :evil
  10. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Goody goody goody :evil

Yesterday we put the finishing touches on the thing, mainly the cabling and the numbering ... :deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The trained eye will notice the spare gear, brake and clutch levers ... Behind the screen I will hide the emergency kit and on the other side (the left one :D) some tools and other spares... All in all I am happy with the result, I dont think there will be anything in there that would result in me going home early in the 24 Hrs race :evil but that remains to be seen on Saturday... :norton
  11. Carlos M

Oddometer:
    ...only the crappy Touratech roadbook holder :evil

...not to jinx you but you know how they perform. :D
  12. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the rubber side of things.. What do you call these in English?

[​IMG]

I cannot find the right one here locally (holland) so want to google them abroad.

[​IMG]

Looking for this size;

D=12mm
    H2=2mm but not too critical
    FH=22mm
    OD=29mm
    H=15mm

Anyone got an English name and ŵebshop where i might find these? I need a few for some fairings im having made for my RXV.
  13. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Grommet
  14. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
  15. Carlos M

Oddometer:
    farnell: http://tinyurl.com/cbxyzor

Some of the products don't stock in Europe, beware of the Newark Direct Shipping (expensive!)
  16. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
  17. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Well someone sure noticed them at scrutineering yesterday.... :D

What a joke ha ha, see you on Friday I guess.

(Oh, and the cable numbering is making me drool all over my keyboard you bastard)
  18. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    The weirdo told me to remove the tools from the tower ... Good lord :huh ...
    The only bike that had the flare, the blanket an emergency kit for the bike and the rider ... At least he did not tell me to remove these kits from the bike... For all I know he could have told me to eat the pills from the emergency kit before the race in order not to have them on the tower, hahahaha

As far as the numbering is concerned, I know where you live :deal, I have spare numbers, I come there:evil, you give me coffee :D and we prepare yours as well :freaky
  19. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok
    So when do you start on the 950 version?
  20. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    After the 24 hrs race which is on Saturday :norton GimmE a week to recover :rofl ... Of course I don't think I will pass the scrutineering with the people we are dealing there so I may spend the weekend in the cinemas watching the latest James Bond film, I ve heard it has some bike chases :D

I have a friend with a 990, Angelo if you have anyone who does not use it and want to give it in order to take measurements for a Nav Tower, help us out here :deal , we will then build a tower for your 450 :evil . I will seek that the 990 keeps the original clocks minus the rev counter and that it has space for a couple if IMOs / ICOs :wink: ...
    The problem is that I need the bike naked for quite some time because of the everyday job :cry

Pete, you also have a fairing that is more vertical for the 950/990 ? That would help with the spacing of the Nav Tower :norton