Bikes & Wives ( spouse, significant other, G/F, B/F)

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Clansters, Jul 13, 2009.

1. North_of_55

North_of_55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The wife and I when she first started riding.... Now I've got an XB12X and she's got a EX500R.... I'm hoping that once I get dirtbikes for the kids she'll try a dualsport so we can enjoy that together.

[​IMG]
    CMS likes this.
  2. whatsgnu

whatsgnu Scheissekopf

Oddometer:
    Here's my wife of 28 years on our Victory Cross Roads. This is the woman that was afraid of speed, heights, traffic, gets car sick, etc.....and decided that she wanted to ride with me. We stopped by a Victory dealer one day, she climbed on the the back and said this is the bike. Well, can't argue with that ! Only been riding with me a year now but she LOVES it !

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/77419126@N05/13405484425/player/83afaf7623" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="500" width="375"></iframe>
  3. fotomanic

fotomanic Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    This is the stuff that makes me want a big Beemer:clap
  5. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wait until you ride one. My GS is the best most fun bike of the 45 different bikes I've owned so far in my life. All my wives have enjoyed them too! :evil

When I brought my first RT home my then-wife looked at it and said, "Will I ever see you again?". Well, as it turned out, not for long... :D My now-wife loves riding pillion on the GS because we can go ANYWHERE on it, rain or shine, and it's very comfy and reliable. All of us are happier now.

Doug
  6. Donttellmywife

Donttellmywife Wheelie nice guy

Oddometer:
    I agree GS's are nice for a while. I loved mine. But when your final drive bearing leaves you walking twice--1) halfway to Alaska, 2) Joshua tree National park at 114 degrees. I decided it was time for me to find another brand of bike.
  7. 8lives

Oddometer:
    My buddy is always trying to get me to ride his 1150GS it's a nice bike,kinda big for me,I'm a small guy,but it's nice
  8. 8lives

Oddometer:
    Shhh,is anyone else around?good,about them final drives ya I love me some chain and sprockets for ease of maintenance and quick visual inspections,looks around to see if any BMW guys are listening,they seem to take some fancy tools and my Asian bikes never seem to give up,hey you BMW guys can come back in the room now.
  9. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    On her supermoto

[​IMG]

Taking a break while riding pillion with me on some single track

[​IMG]
  10. Dee Cee

Dee Cee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What do you both think of the victory? My wife and I are curious about one, my 990 Kato is a little aggressive for a nice pleasant cruise together.
  11. whatsgnu

whatsgnu Scheissekopf

Oddometer:
    We both really like the Victory. This is my first bagger type bike and I think it handles great, plenty of power and rides very well. As to my wife, this is the first bike she's ever ridden on and only the second she's sat on (the first being a Gold Wing) and she finds it very comfortable. The backrest wraps around her back and makes her feel very safe and secure and the pillon seat is wide enough and padded enough that she is a happy camper. I would HIGHLY recommend checking them out.
  12. walawdog

walawdog The Rental Guy

Oddometer:
    I second the recommendation of a Victory. I had a 2012 CrossRoads and it was great, lots of power and decent handling for a bigger bike. The only thing I can complain about is the transmission. Mine clanked and was loud when shifting gears. I don't think the transmissions are weak or anything, just loud and clanky. The newer models could be better.
  13. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    I've got alot of years and many many miles on Harleys...but I was throughly impressed when I rode my buddy's Victory.
    Nicely balanced, great power and torque, and the tranny did clunk the gears, but not any more then my junker does.

Another friend just got a Vision. Even though it's kinda ugly...the balance and seating stance is outstanding for a dresser! (I'm still hoping for a ride on that!) :deal :evil
  14. dante_alighieri

dante_alighieri Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good shot man!

Estaba mirandola... y pensaba ... eso debe ser por aqui...
    :huh :freaky
  15. colodak

colodak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my bike in hopes of some quiet, peaceful, alone time....had it 2 months before she started bugging me she wanted to ride on it. Now, anytime the weather is nice and we're going someplace she asks if we're taking the motorcycle. Sadly, my lil' 650 isn't big enough for the two of us, hopefully a Concours or something in that size range will be in the near future.
  16. icebox

icebox Long timer

Oddometer:
    This one has me puzzled. In focus on the front of the bike, out of focus on the back of the bike and you and your wife are sharp as a tack. Great effect. Focus stacking software?

17. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I suck at photography, and admire those who are good at it. I was even amazed to see some of the trees on the far right out of focus, but behind them, the trees are sharp as a knife. A very interesting image indeed.
  18. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Looks like HDR converted and mildly photoshopped.
  19. fotomanic

fotomanic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lightroom 4.3 sofware....
  20. fotomanic

fotomanic Adventurer

Oddometer: