TKC80's where do you get them in Melb?? & Trip ideas needed.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by rpo83, May 12, 2008.

1. rpo83

rpo83 Old enough to know better

Oddometer:
    Where do you Melbourne based GS riders buy your tyres???

Need to replace my tourances for our Melbourne - Gold Coast ride. We will be heading from melb to Dargo, Omeo, Tom Groggin then on to Jindabyne.... that's as far as the planning has got. Just reading the McKillops bridge trip report, might have to add that to our intinerary. If anyone has Garmin routes for this area that you wold like to share it would be appreciated.

Anyway looks like i'll put TKC's on as i can't seem to find anything better, unless you inmates have a suggestion :ear

What prices do you usually pay for a set of front & rears???
  2. Knackers

Knackers Ubique

Oddometer:
    Google Pablos.
  3. rpo83

rpo83 Old enough to know better

Oddometer:
    Thanks Knackers,

I looked up Pablos, but didn't see a continental logo, so i thought they don't sell them.

Steve
  4. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:
    Give Peter Stevens workshop in the city a call I know they keep some TKC's in stock.
  5. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Depending on where you live Steve

BM Motorcycles carry them.

5 Heatherdale Rd Ringwood 9870-3807, but ring before hand to make sure that they have them in stock.

Cheers
  6. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Try Bruce Collins enterprises - check out the European Headinaus *sp
  7. GSBMW Vic Aust

GSBMW Vic Aust Grey Nomad

Oddometer:
    BM Motorcycles had some on Friday when I was there. They always look after us people from the country, good service, dependable etc etc.
    John S
  8. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
  9. speed_racer

speed_racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. Sleepy John

Sleepy John Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What mileage are you expecting out of the TKC's? It's not just about which is the cheapest off the floor.

Maybe do a bit more reading, grasshopper
  11. chip77

chip77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As SJ said you are doing some big ks...TKC s and other Big block s wear quicker than you want .I;m heading off south to Melbourne in a couple of days and trying a Mitas EO7...My 2c chip
  12. speed_racer

Oddometer:
    Hehe well I've read conflicting results about the tkc80's. Some say after 5000km the rear is done, others have said 12000km's, I was thinking being a lighter bike (f650) I should get closer to the 10k mark. I did read the mita had a design fault where it managed to split along the seem. I haven't read anything of the sort about the tkc and although there's a conflict of milage, no one has ever bagged it out on grip.

What's ur thoughts?
  13. chip77

chip77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I,m guessing rpo[Steve] is riding an 1150.A heap heavier and more hp , than a F650 A heavy right wrist and he will not make Melb. to Qld. return[if side tracking] on a TKC rear .Front TKC is my choice .A great tyre ...chip
  14. chip77

chip77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now where do you start with this? Some of the best riding anywhere on the planet. Trans Australia Trails .com has some . a quick thought from me says.....from where you say Tom Groggin....Cabramurra....Brindabellas...Yass....Crookwell...Oberon..Scone...Gloucester...Dorrigo..and north .Plenty of good backroads and tracks between.I'm doing some the other way .Happy and safe riding chip
  15. speed_racer

Oddometer:
    After reading a lot... and realising the TKC80's i wanted are in fact in QLD so I wouldn't get them in time.. I might go for the Mitas.. But now the choice is E10 FR RR... or E10 FR and E09Dakar RR?

I will do alot of commuting n like to fang it a bit around the city so they will probably stay on until i can be bothered putting the tourances on again for road.. Id have to do a lot fo tarmac to get anywhere with dirt tracks anyway so it may be more tarmac than dirt so i dunno..

So whats your thoughts guys?
  16. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    :snore:snore:snore
  17. GagsD2

GagsD2 ...Are we there yet?

Oddometer:
    My final thoughts S_R.

I love the E-09 Dakar on the rear (DR650), currently on my 2nd and will probably put my 3rd on for Flinders Classic. I don't run them till they are bald as I don't see the point. I had TKC-80 F & R, loved them BUT, the rear last me 3000ks, the front I have just removed from then and 1.5 rear E-09's.

Search is your friend. Be guided by what has been said before, make your own decision, and experiment. Yes it costs but it is your safety, your style of riding. My thoughts would be the current E-07 rear will suit what you do and get you most places you want to be. In winter, who knows?

Look forward to seeing what you have done on the ride this weekend.
  18. speed_racer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that. :)
    I ended up going with the E10, i guess I'll experiment and if i dont like em anyway ill go the E09 next. Cheers..
  19. Bikus

Bikus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ronangel is the distributor for Conti, and http://www.ronangel.com.au/dealers/display.asp lists his dealers, but that's a pretty shitty page, since it only shows dealers in a single post code, so you have to use it again and again, guessing which ones might be nearby, and that is before you even call them, to see if they have stock ....