Korsika, Corsica, Corse... how ever spelled...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Cooltours, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
    &#8230;or, mean as they sometimes can be, they try to break your heart by sending some cute piglet-gang across your way.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
  2. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    TBC
    :1drink
  3. Scapadu

Scapadu Motomaniac

Oddometer:
    A mix of year in the pictures: this was probably in May this year ! We had a great snow at low altitude during this period of time!

BTW: It is Pastis , Ricard or Casanis and the very Corsican one is the Pastis Dami ! The sun in a bottle :freaky

Tks for posting.
  4. Scapadu

Scapadu Motomaniac

Oddometer:
    You talking to me :ddog So Corsu e ne so fieru !

You will never find more polite people ! The rest is just a way of life that makes this place so different.

Ok Cooltours, more pics please :clap
  5. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Correct. Some 29th or 30th of May I'd say.... Shit, did I freeze in that Valey.... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    It is the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Asco</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Valley</st1:placeType></st1:place>. That Valley must be beautiful when weather is good. I had the unfurtune to enter it on a grey, ugly wet and cold day. I was freezing already when starting to climb into the valley.... and that damn' slot in the landscape did not want to end. Another and another turn.... out of the forest, into the forest, over one, two, three.... who knows how many times crossing the little creek on small bridge.... and it was COLD!!!! This probably was the longest hour during the whole trip! <o:p></o:p>
    There's a hut at the very end of the valley. At some point, I just wanted to get there. I was sure right after the next turn the hut must show up. But again and again there was another one…. No hut for having one hot chocolate and warming my body up for how long it ever might take. It was my goal getting there from the very beginning. <o:p></o:p>
    When I finally arrived on huge, almost empty parking lot of a ski-station, there was 2 dozen HD's parked already. After I peeled out of the plastic-skin, I finally entered the hut where they all sat with their orange uniform, their HD caps and shirts and their valets chained with thick chains to their pants. So I entered the shop and one roaring applause came up in the hut, obviously for me, no idea at all what the reason was for that at all.... so after it got more quiet I was asking "hey, what was that for?? you freaks thought a BMW doesn't make it up here, right?!?" <o:p></o:p>
    Hwahhuh roar haaaaha..... I did not understand anyone of the responses! But you can be sure they ALL had something funny and even more clever to answer. So I finally ended up being invited for drinking their wine and eating dinner in greatest company..... So, yes, you are right; they are very nice, the Corsians!<o:p></o:p>
  6. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    This was on the way back.... in approximately the middle of the valley, looking back to the snow covered mountains...
    [​IMG]
  7. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Corsica is one of the most interesting places I've ridden. A continent as they say, contained on an island 50 miles (80km) wide and 100 miles (160km) long. So much variety in such a small place. Plus the odd IED to keep things interesting.
  8. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Sometime it might happen to you, that you find yourself stuck in one bigger city. Usually these places are same as they are on most the rest of the planet; touristicaly contaminated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  9. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Well, usually it does help if you are simply riding 10 minutes in one direction to find some nice place for a little rest. Either in mountain-forest style or&#8230;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
  10. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    &#8230;if preferred, in the classical seaside style<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    OK, so you did goof around the place now for quiet a while. Highly time to get more seriouse now. Here are some things one shouldn&#8217;t miss in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Corsica</st1:place>:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    See the black <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">beach</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Nonza</st1:placeName></st1:place>&#8230;<o:p></o:p>
  12. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    &#8230; support local dealership and purchase anything in a shop if it looks that cool as this one&#8230;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  13. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    &#8230;if you&#8217;re femal, go to Calvi for one day and one night. Calvi&#8217;s the homebase of the French "Forreign Legion" and you might have a great time there getting spoiled as spoiled as one can be.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  14. aurel

aurel Cheese&Wine!

Oddometer:
    I'm in love with Corsica. I've been over there more than 10 times, I spent most of my summer in Porticcio when I was young.

I think my best day in corsica was the day I went to the "Cascade des Anglais". That's so nice when you are 10 :clap Scapadu must know what I'm talking about.

Keep posting :ear
  15. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    ....uhw... almost forgot: That's what we are talking about:
    [​IMG]
  16. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Nice pics! Thanks for posting the report!
  17. George Papadopolis

George Papadopolis between

Oddometer:
    well done mate, great pictures. No chance you ran in to Alizee in your travels and are holding out on us?:evil:lol3
  18. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Ride your motorbike from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Porto</st1:place> to Corte, all the way through the Gorges de Spelunca and the Scala di Santa Regina &#8230;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    &#8230;.have an Expresso at the main-piazza of Corte, turn your bike around and ride all the way back. Repeat if enough time&#8217;s left!
  19. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Other things you supposed to do on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Island</st1:place>:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Visit world heritage &#8220;Calanche&#8221;, south of <st1:place w:st="on">Porto</st1:place> at the evening hours, short before the sunset&#8230;.<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    &#8230;.and let someone take the same picture from you and your machine. The same picture EVERY biker has taken who has visited this place so far&#8230;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>