East of Phoenix Rider's Group

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by 750Volts!, Oct 21, 2010.

1. MrGoldfish

MrGoldfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have heard rumors that there is a back way up Mount Graham. Wasn't sure if they attempted this or not.
  2. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    klondyke is part of the whole aravaipa, rug road, mammoth thing. i would consider very much mt graham even though its not on the mtn its still part of most folks trips when they go out there.

i like the klondyke area, really everything in the the hills behind the "town". one year when i went there it was some sorta grasshopper convention, not the regular ones but those cool ass big black ones with the orange and red and stuff. so many of them the dirt rd was dark for a mile or so.
  3. IBRiding

IBRiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No GPS for Me

My cheap Nuvi died just as I left for the trip so no data from me:cry

Now I got to figure out what unit to buy next. Do I go for another cheap Garmin car unit or spend the big bucks for a "Motorcycle" unit?
  4. CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cyberdos for guiding us on a sweet ride. :clap Its nice that its so close to town. I will definitely be back to tackle that sand with a new tire. Not my old bald one. That big hill was hella awesome!
  5. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    I've seen those huge grasshoppers down near sonoita! freakishly big black and yellow or orange things. i'd worry about loosing traction if you ran one over on a bike they're so big!
  6. seabee1

Oddometer:
    :clap

and you made it look so easy!
  7. NomorBills

NomorBills WesternExplorer

Oddometer:
    Chandler, AZ & Summer in the Pines, Pine, AZ

That is one of my goals this fall when it cools. Aravaipa canyon is a good place to camp. Going west of there is the Rug Road. Not BBF. More like a Nightstalker ride.
  8. seabee1

Oddometer:
    For you still directionally challenged - we will be having another GPS class in the future. Hopefully we can all find our way afterwards!

I'm thinking maybe late sept or early oct? What works for everyone?
  9. CrownRoyal

Oddometer:
    I just got done ordering a new tire. It should be here on tuesday. So when is this tire changing class going to be? What else do I need to bring to the tire changing class?

Seabee1- I can bring my paper map, compass, pencil, and my garmin for a paper weight. :lol3 Garmina yells at me to turn the hell around. :bluduh
  10. CrownRoyal

Oddometer:
    :rofl Yea right, I just got lucky no one had a camera out. My chances of crashing doubles when someone takes out a camera.
  11. IBRiding

Oddometer:

In!!!

I am in the market for a new GPS and this is a great way to see and learn the different features of multiple units.

Also,

I need to bypass my kickstand switch soon and still need to figure out how I am actually going to do it and was thinking that if there was any interest this might be a future topic. I could bring the DR over sometime at a future date and do it there.

If this is to simple to justify any interest I understand but just wanted to offer.
  12. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    MrGoldfish,

We took the Swift trail up. I know Loren was looking for another way up and was unable to find any sure routes.

Still a great ride and is just as much fun coming down as going up.
  13. seabee1

Oddometer:
    Drew, are you listening? We need a tire changing class ASAP! When is good with you?

And cyberdos, when can you do another GPS class? I've had several inqueries. Myself included! Maybe this time I won't be so distracted.

BTW, I have comfy chairs and a projector this time! Thanks to oldtimertc. (One of the guys requesting the class)
  14. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I would be up for a class any time if you want to do an evening. If it has to be on a weekend I could only do Sunday and I would rather be riding of course.... so maybe a class and then a ride?:clap
  15. seabee1

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a plan! Quick tire changing class, then a ride. You call it, I'm up for it!

Or an evening class. I'm up for whatever you have available.
  16. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    How about an evening class with a bbq??? Lets see a show of hands who would be up for this?
  17. CrownRoyal

Oddometer:
    In! Should I bring some whiskey?
  18. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    :y0!
  19. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll try to make the evening shindig.

I can even make and bring my special recipe thunder humper bbq beans! (Be prepared to sleep on the couch after these!)
  20. seabee1

Oddometer:
    Ok, I'll bring the grill to the shop. With enough advanced notice, I could even smoke some salmon for the event.

Jeesh. I thought this was a class!