Toddler on a dual sport, possible?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by 150ron, Oct 27, 2012.

1. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    However, playing the devil's advocate I might point out all the times I've heard people (even in the hallowed cordura-draped halls of adv) say that they've given up riding because they were raising kids. :deal

Odd, because when I was helping the ex raise her child, as the primary breadwinner I rode to work almost every day. Whether or not the child was present my commute was solo in some sort of vehicle. Made no difference whether I took her truck or my bike. So I ended up taking the bike unless it was out of commission.

Commuters tend to look at riding through a different lens than hobbyists however.

So all you "re-entry riders" can feel free to STFU, unless you enjoy calling the kettle black.
  2. AZbiker

Oddometer:
    And if you are ever in Prescott AZ, I'd love the opportunity to call you a scum sucking asshole to your face.

If you need my address, just PM me Mr. Keyboard Cowboy.

And it's spelled "less," just in case you didn't know. Hopefully you will choose not to reproduce in the first place, hypocrite.
  3. 150ron

150ron Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess some people just do not read replies/thread and just like to flame on for no reason, as i said like 3-4 times in previous replies in this thread,

It was a question, never happend, I WILL NOT take my boy with me on my dual sport on the road, in a emergency situation, of course i will, I will continue to give him little 5mph joyrides infront of my garage, with helmet on and everything, like i have done numerous times.

For those of you idiots open up your mouth about a toddler by saying what you said, man, Karma usually comes back to you guys in the worst way, and yes, it is easy to talk trash behind a computer screen, in real life its a whole different story, pussies.
  4. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:

:fyyff:asshat

How or why you feel there is some imminent risk associated with riding a motorcycle speaks volumes to your own personal shortcomings.

I mean that in the nicest possible way :D

My taking the wee one on the bike replies were meant as humor.
  5. Wy'east

Wy'east Dust in the wind...

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  6. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

You make a comment with the not so veiled implication that you would be happy if someones kid died because the "gene pool needs to be diluted of idiots" and you don't understand the anger being expressed towards you ? Really ? :huh
  7. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

Yay, the state will protect us!! Land of the freeeeee......Flussssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :cry
  8. AZbiker

Oddometer:
    Where did I ever threaten violence? :dunno

Project much?

One last question--how does the State's boot taste since you seem to be so fond of licking it?
  9. kdo58

kdo58 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  10. HeadShrinker

HeadShrinker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    To the OP: get the child riding belt online for when he gets a little older.

My son, when younger, always used to fall asleep when riding with me on the road. That's why I used the harness. Sometimes he would wear the harness under his riding jacket, so you couldn't exactly tell if he was strapped on. I used to get a kick out of the worried drivers that would point, honk, and gesture that he was sleeping while I would pretend I had no clue what they were communicating, so I would just excitedly wave back.

Quite seriously, though, you just got to use that extra dose of caution, realizing the consequences if you (or someone else) isn't paying attention.

Have fun riding with your son!
  11. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    Been waiting for how long now to ask this question...
    Natural selection take place yet?:evil

Not wishing it on anyone, as it was misconstrued and what I was banned for. (making THAT clear for those who lack reading comprehension skills this time!)

The funny thing about being banned....
    I could still get all the entertainment value and information I needed from this site as a viewer only parasite.

I did miss the opportunity to be able to help out a few fellows in my neck of the woods this year (including one mention of a stolen bike that I think I saw which could have been recovered)

At any rate, I've come to the conclusion that bans only really hurt those who aren't banned. L.M.A.O.!:deal

I hope the power monger who banned me, got his thrill as a control freak...all you did was keep a minor annoyance away (me) and fuck a few active ADV members in the process.:fyyff

I couldn't care less what happens now.
  12. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darwin comes to mind.......
  13. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you didn't care you wouldn't have made this post to say you don't care. But anyways, welcome back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  14. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
  15. elywoody

elywoody 2 wheel addict.

Oddometer:
    Back in the day... This is one of the only things I remember from being this young. It was a sad day when my dad's bike broke (that's what I was told, probably had more to do with mom!) and I would ask for years:
    "When are we going to fix your bike???" [​IMG][​IMG]
  16. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    There is a guy in my neighborhood who does it. He has a CRF450, mx race prepped and not street legal. He puts a toddler on the tank and does full throttle runs through the neighborhood, hitting the bike's top speed for long stretches, and leaned over in the corners. We live in a rural area, with light to moderate traffic, and LOTS of deer. After all the calls, the cops spend about an hour each time looking for him, but nobody knows where he lives.

I'm not looking forward to the news article when his luck runs out.
  17. Vankaye

Vankaye n00b on the move

Oddometer:
    Weight the risk and benefit.

I took my daughter for a couple of rides when she was 8-9 years old. Guess what... she didn't even like it. No benefit for a lot of risk. Never again.
  18. Sun Ray

Sun Ray Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer:
    You can use a nice protective back armor, or if you can't afford it, a toddler in a sling will do. I'm kidding of courseĀ…
  19. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:
    Riding on a motorbike and owning a Pit Bull!!!!??? CHILD ENDANGERMENT!!! :lol3Seriously, those type of memories are why I have been riding for 30 years and why I took my daughter for rides as a tike. Kudos to your old man. :freaky
  20. Aj Mick

Aj Mick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Carting young kids around on bikes is the norm around these parts.

[​IMG]