The Trans-Lab is Overdone. We want to Ride the Rock.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Canuman, Oct 7, 2012.

1. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then it's decided...
    Everyone brings their OWN blow up doll.:deal
  2. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was it you who ate the knobs off my front tire????
  3. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    He is, ya know. Drove from here up the middle of Moose Alley in the middle of the freakin' night and lived to tell about it.
  4. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    We don't do fried clams and raw fish is just not done. Cod tongues. fish and brewis, squid rings and seal flippers are delicacies to be tried by any CFAs (come from aways). Moose here are hunted by the thousands and the northern peninsula is rampant with them. You will not see many local riders after dark.
  5. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just found and read this thread ...

I could be a maybe, Ifff (big if) my tentative trip next summer to Whitehorse, etc falls through. I'm an unemployed geezer, so time has no meaning for me :lol3

I'm in Ontario, but my sister-in-law lives near New Glasgow, which is pretty much on the way, and gives me a convenient jumping-off point. Not that I ever jump that high. So if your mob isn't getting too big, and if my other ride falls through due to potential riding partner deciding against, I'd certainly consider this. On the discussion regarding 'stuff', I travel fully equipped, and I like it that way. Not to mention that it's 2,000 km from here to Guysborough!

Depending on the route you end up deciding, I'd be on either a WR250R or F800GS. Both are capable of keeping up, the latter is way better at :muutt
  6. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Ye may think this is all about Holiday Inn Express and Starbucks -- but I've already got me menu and entertainment planned: Salt beef and hard tack, and not much of it.

In the evenings, there will be rum and the lash! (But Anton has promised to dress up like Borat one night.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:

I don't mind if he dresses like that as long as the girls are with him to draw my gaze elsewhere.
  8. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, so another decision. I'll bring my own breakfast:

[​IMG]
  9. Canuman

Oddometer:
    No fish & brewis or flipper pie? I've been reading up on the local eats, and I'm quite interested in trying some of them. Cod cheeks sound pretty good.

Can't be any more daunting than some of the stuff I've shoveled down. Ask Anton about okroshka -- a Russian cold soup made with a weak kind of beer called kvass. I found that daunting. . .
  10. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I shall jettison my tools in favor of junk food. I ate too much tongues and cheeks in my early Swedish days. I'm Italian now that I've married a gal who is 25% Italian. Funny how that works.

BTW, don't ever ask me about "pressed sylta".:puke1
  11. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Yeah, there's a similar Polish dish I was made to endure as a child. Give me a nice eggplant parm any day.
  12. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Bonne Bay, NFL. We are sure as hell going here!

[​IMG]
  13. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    The boat tour in Bonne Bay is fantastic. I've been to that area twice, it's a must see!

We always try to have 14 days on the island and we still run out of time. That's why we need to go back for a third visit.
  14. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:

Looks a bit cool for my mesh jacket...might need the heated vest????

Instant QuakerOats in the packets are my breakfast of choice....just boil water and spill some in, eat straight out of packet...plus enough to make coffee....Are we ready yet????
    Some sort of eat out fast grub spot for lunch.....then cold beans for supper.....Yep...I can survive.......lol.:huh:lol3
  15. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    People want to stay upwind of you, I assume. :lol3
  16. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Chip wagons on the roadside sound like Willys fare. Pricey because they are trying to suck a living from the tourists (CFAs).
    I prefer a Subway for the vegetation. Coffee is the other three food groups for me.
  17. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Naugh....no need to stay down wind....it don't do me like that.....as for chip stands....yep...I'm a sucker some times.....but can do the Subway too....best subs...imho.

I find the small family greasey spoons are the best place to get a good resonable lunch or late breakfast served.....for a reasonable price.
  18. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Link to EmmBeeDee's album of photos for our 2010 trip:

https://picasaweb.google.com/108897516921155458758/NewfoundlandTrip2010?noredirect=1#5531794920885617586

Starting just after we got off the ferry. We went to Rose Blanche first, then up the west coast to Woody Point. There's a cheap motel there that has a great view of the bay. Down the road in the village is a nice coffee shop with excellent breakfast, wifi and a laundromat. :clap

Sample photo of Bonne Bay:

[​IMG]
  19. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
  20. Canuman

Oddometer:
    We're doing a trans-Newfoundland, Anton. Looks like you're gearing up for a trans-Atlantic! Where's your pirate flag, arrrr?