World's Best Ear Plugs for Riding

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by World'sBestEarPlugs, Feb 19, 2011.

1. bubfryder

bubfryder dirtyplayer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a sample pack.
  2. txrider2

txrider2 Hug the road

Oddometer:
    Got mine today as well. Quick shipping and very well packaged. The plastic container they are in contains instructions - amazingly well readable and foldable considering as small as the box is! You can easily keep the well constructed tiny box in any pocket while riding. I don't mind paying for the box if this is part of S&H - but that's me. I second the large size of the plugs once you start rolling them between your fingers! A road-test follows in the next few days...
  3. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    Sorry, missed this... I thought I'd like listening to music while riding, but I was wrong, I don't :D I had a pair of Sony something, very small pear shaped speakers. I unpacked the bud and stuck it in about half of the earplug, and then placed the plug over the ear canal. They stayed in, and the volume was much lower than before due to having the wind noise muffled by earplugs.

One thing that I didn't mention but will probably pop up is that it takes some time to mold the earplugs in place when cold...

4. rpo83

rpo83 Old enough to know better

Oddometer:
    Just ordered 3 travel packs and a sample pack.

I look forward to trying these out.
  5. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Little short for a Stormtrooper

Oddometer:
    Ordered just now.

Have a shooting/riding trip coming up early March. Hope to give them a "shot" for two of the three activities that have destroyed my hearing (honest honey...I just can't hear you telling me to clean that!)
  6. Stickywicket

Stickywicket Banned

Oddometer:
    So do you have to mold them every time or is the shape retained?
  7. deeve

deeve Adventure Lite

Oddometer:
    Just tried mine out for an hour or so on the work motor. Works good at blocking the "white" wind noise and hiss of the police radio, it actually makes it more pleasant to listen to the police radio because the speakers sound a little lower, probably because the noise reduction. I have tried talking to some people while wearing the helmet and it is quite a bit harder, especially if you are not looking at them. I am going to try messing with how much they are pushed in/cover the ear canal to see if I can fine tune it. Officer safety wise I am not sure I like not being able to hear some of the quieter sounds of maybe another car pulling up behind me or someone walking up, although I really don't know how much of that I would catch or not on a busy highway anyway. Overall very easy to use and pretty comfortable in the helmet.

DAVE
  8. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    Ordered 1 sample and 2 travel packs. I will give them a whirl and perhaps help my wife overcome my snoring.
  9. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:

The answer is yes and yes :lol3 The earplugs retain the shape, but I usually end up "spreading" them again, partly because I forget which is right/left, or I squish them in my pocket, or it's Canada and it's cold and I have to soften them before placing them in, etc.

@ Deeve, in town I keep the plugs a bit off, otherwise it's like living in a bubble...

10. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My order of late 2/20 and shipped 2/21 arrived today.

Lousy weekend to try them,we are getting snow in central California!
    I know all you northerners are just laughing at this,but no way I'm
    testing the driving skills of the locals in these conditions.It's hazardous
    enough when the roads are dry.

Thanks for the quick ship.

JR356
  11. Thinc2

Thinc2 Paciugo

Oddometer:
    This sounds really cool - personal pack and sample ordered.
  12. deeve

deeve Adventure Lite

Oddometer:
    How do you mean "a bit off?" Just dont push them in far?
  13. LVNVGS

LVNVGS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Just ordered a sample pack and a couple of travel packs.
  14. cardoctor1

cardoctor1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just started wearing plugs at the end of this riding season. hated the foam plugs and after reading the negative reports on custom plugs. i just ordered a few sets. smart idea taking paypal.

J.R.
  15. dejr2000

dejr2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Received mine today and so far I think they will be great. I'll take them for a test ride tomorrow but they are much quieter than foam plugs and mold to your ear better. I feel these will be a riding staple for me.:dj
  16. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    I don't know how other folks use these plugs, but the way I use them I insert them very little in the ear canal, basically they just block the entrance by pressing them slightly. Given how quiet they are, in town I don't mold them perfectly to my ear, so I can let some sound filter in. Alnother way to adjust them is by placing them perfectly in, then pull the ear slightly so it depresurizes or whatever, and voila, more noise passes through.

This was the main reason I tried these earplugs, so I don't have to use plugs that block the noise by expanding inside the ear canal, I don't like that on day long rides...

17. World'sBestEarPlugs

World'sBestEarPlugs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you all so much for your business. Do any of you who have already received our ear plugs have any feedback that you'd like to share? Do you have any suggestions regarding how we can make our ear plug even better for motorcycle riding? Or is there anything else that you'd like me to pass on to the company's executives?

Additionally, I've been authorized to offer you all the following deal to show our appreciation for your order: To anyone who has already bought our plugs and is willing to post a review, I'll send you a free single-pair pack (no shipping, no payment at all) that can be used as an additional carrying case. I've got about a hundred pairs to send out, and all you'd have to do is put up a review of our ear plugs someplace on the internet (on your own website or on another forum) and include a link to our webpage. Whether you review us favorably or not we'd really appreciate the feedback, and since you'd also be helping us get our name out there we'd like to reward you somehow. After writing a review, just shoot me a PM with the link to it (also include your shipping info), and I'll make sure to put a free pack in the mail for you as soon as I can.

Thanks from all of us here at Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com. We take enormous pride in producing the best ear plug in the world for bikers, and we value your business and feedback tremendously.
  18. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I noticed your 24 pack costs more per piece than your 12 pack. Is there anyway to get a bulk order like that without having to pay extra for the case?
  19. World'sBestEarPlugs

World'sBestEarPlugs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Right now the largest container we have is the 12-pack, but we do offer reduced bulk prices for larger orders. If you're interested in ordering 12 or more cases, the prices are as follows:

2-pair Travel Packs: minimum quantities of 12 packs for $4.00 per pack
    6-pair Personal Packs: minimum quantities of 12 packs for $11.00 per pack
    12-pair Large Value Packs: minimum quantities of 12 packs for $18.00 per pack

Anyone who's interested in a bulk order should either send me a PM here or contact me at: bestearplug@charter.net
  20. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered a set of the $1.95 samples ... opened them to take a look and I do not think these are for me. NEVER used them or even changed the shape of them. Just took them out of the pack, looked at them, realized how they work and think I will stick with my foam ear plugs which work fine.

So .... if anyone wants these to try let me know. FREE .... heck I will even pay postage. :D