2013 KTM National Rally INFO!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by cjracer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Grinderman

Grinderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Brent! Awesome. We well be in touch.
  2. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    Were you with the guy that busted his clutch cover on the way up?
  3. Grinderman

Oddometer:
    Were you with the guy that busted his clutch cover on the way up?

Yep. That's me. Have a good picture of you up there
  4. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    I'm guessin' that'd be the one where I had a little bit of dirt of my face from eating dust all day? :lol3
  5. Grinderman

Oddometer:
    Hey SierraJeep. Good Times!!

[​IMG]

View from the top.

[​IMG]
  6. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    So much for anonymity on the web. :lol3
  7. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I have posted my request for a kitchen pass. Although, the wifey has the hots for the new Baja 950. I'd be happy to give her a ride to CO some we could ride one. :lol3
  8. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Count on a couple NorCal guys heading out. Get the brewpub recommendations ready. :lol3
  9. whitewater18

whitewater18 funhog

Oddometer:
    We only got one boys, Mahogany Ridge. Just broke ground on a new micro brewery last week. Not sure it will be open by rally time. Lucky, Colorado is home to some of the best micr brews in the country. :deal
  10. StevefrmGV

StevefrmGV MotoBro's RetroCycle's

Oddometer:
    Guess I better start prepping the bike and getting the gear together.
    [​IMG]
  11. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    If all goes well, I will be there and have my brother with me on his 990R
  12. zeegman

zeegman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet! I plan to be there too.
    Maybe PaulC and Jill, Aaron, Steve, Chris, my cousin Russ (from Canada) too.
    Would be great to see Wans, and Bartek too from the Bay area.
    And Radek from Canada too.

MZ
  13. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh hell Yes.
  14. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
    I hear that guy is booked up in september 2013. he is out.
  15. Monty_Burns

Monty_Burns Excellent.

Oddometer:
    Strong possibility of making this one. :clap
  16. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The info has been posted on KTM's site
    http://www.ktmorangeevents.com/EventPage.aspx

10TH ANNUAL KTM ADVENTURE RIDER RALLY - STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO

Join KTM staff and fellow adventure riding enthusiasts for the 10th annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally in scenic Steamboat Springs, CO on September 13-15, 2013.

DATE: September 13-15, 2013

WHERE: Steamboat Springs, CO

Make plans to join KTM staff and adventure rider enthusiasts at the 10th annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally in scenic Steamboat Springs, CO. This event provides riders of all skill levels an opportunity to ride with and learn from adventurers all over the world. The KTM Adventure Rider Rally is designed for KTM 640, 690, 950 and 990 Adventure and Enduro owners but is open to riders on all brands of street-legal motorcycles. Clear your schedule and pre-register to receive a reduced rate and FREE t-shirt handed out at the event.

TOUR INCLUDES:

Appearances from KTM Factory Riders
    Technical and Riding Seminars
    Self-guided Rides
    Demo Rides
    Friday Breakfast and Dinner
    Saturday Breakfast and Dinner
    Fun, Games and More
    Complete schedule to be posted shortly

SUPPORTING KTM DEALER: TBD

PRICE: $150.00 for pre-registered riders or $175.00 at the event (price does not include bike or lodging). Event may sell out so please register early. Pre-registration cut-off date is September 6, 2013.

HOST HOTEL: The Steamboat Grand - 2300 Mount Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487 (877) 306-2628

BOOK YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION: http://www.steamboatgrand.com/group/KTM.html Note: KTM has reserved a group rate at the host hotel which can be viewed at the link above).

NOTE: YOU MUST BE 25 YEARS OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE KTM DEMO RIDES OFFERED AT THIS EVENT.
  17. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    This is what I was asble to come up with at the hotel site. The site was a little wonky though and I don't know if I got the KTM pricing.

Located a 200 yard walk to the resort village.
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=ListIntContainerHeader><TD></TD><TD align=center>Per Night</TD><TD>Other Charges</TD><TD align=center>Total</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerRow><TD>Studio / Double Bed and Pullout Couch</TD><TD align=center>$108.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$27.00<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$27.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$567.00

</TD><TD class=BookColumn>Add To My Plan</TD><TD>

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerAlternatingRow><TD>Standard Room / 2 Queen Beds</TD><TD align=center>$116.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$29.00<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$29.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$609.00

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerRow><TD>Deluxe Room / King Bed</TD><TD align=center>$121.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$30.25<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$30.25</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$635.25

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerAlternatingRow><TD>1 Bedroom / 1 Bath</TD><TD align=center>$148.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$37.00<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$37.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$777.00

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerRow><TD>1 Bedroom / Double Queen / 2 Bath</TD><TD align=center>$161.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$40.25<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$40.25</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$845.25

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerAlternatingRow><TD>1 Bedroom / Grand King / 2 Bath</TD><TD align=center>$165.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$41.25<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$41.25</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$866.25

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerRow><TD>2 Bedroom / 2 Bath </TD><TD align=center>$206.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$51.50<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$51.50</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$1,081.50

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerAlternatingRow><TD>2 Bedroom / Grand Deluxe / 3 Bath</TD><TD align=center>$237.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$59.25<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$59.25</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$1,244.25

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerRow><TD>3 Bedroom Penthouse</TD><TD align=center>$570.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$142.50<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$142.50</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$2,992.50

</TD><TD class=BookColumn>Call To BookContact Steamboat Grand Reservations 1-877-230-2628 (toll-free)</TD><TD>

</TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerAlternatingRow><TD>4 Bedroom Penthouse (Sleeps 10)</TD><TD align=center>$708.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$177.00<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$177.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$3,717.00

</TD><TD class=BookColumn>Call To BookContact Steamboat Grand Reservations 1-877-230-2628 (toll-free)</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ListIntContainerRow><TD>5 Bedroom Penthouse (Sleeps 12)</TD><TD align=center>$851.00</TD><TD class=BookColumn>$212.75<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Lodging Fee:</TD><TD>$212.75</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=center>$4,467.75

</TD><TD class=BookColumn>Call To BookContact Steamboat Grand Reservations 1-877-230-2628 (toll-free)</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sounds like we need to put together some big groups and start booking the 5 bedroom penthouses. :lol3 You listening Grinderman? StevefromGV?
  18. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    I liked the location of the last KTM rally in Bend. It was an outdoor setting. You could walk around the entire weekend in your motorcycle gear and boots and think nothing of it. In fact I would have been happy in a campsite after recouping in a resort bed for a night, but the campsites were too far removed from the event.

That Steamboat Grand Hotel looks HUGE. It looks like a great location to bring the family. But it's not exactly a place I want to lumber around in riding gear all weekend, clomping down long hallways in the morning while pissing off the sleeping non KTM participants.

I know the KTM organizers have a tough job and want to look forward to a nice relaxing resort.

I myself prefer something that straddles the line between rustic and resort.

I'm curious what the local riders think of this set up.
  19. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    I think, that they think,....
    that this should be posh and comfortable, like a BMW Rally,
    not rowdy and hooliganistic, like a KTM Rally.

Where's the campfire pit at the fruggin' Hotel?

I don't need a TV or a jacuzzi,...just some ice...:freaky
  20. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thought I might be in the area ---------but since this is a hotel gig---------I'll make sure I go somewhere else.

Was hoping for something out in the middle of nowhere with no amenities. Too fancy for me---and I don't do reservations.

Dang---was wanting to hang out with the big boys for a bit.

BigDog